Steve McClaren

Dave

We're certainly right in line to be the most tremendous team in the Championship.

That is highly unlikely now - whereas we were able to keep most of the last relegated side and they consisted of players who, in the main, wanted to get the club back in the PL, you can bet your bottom dollar that any decent players in this squad are going to be on their bikes. We have no players like Nolan and Barton who got the dressing room up for it and Colo is now 7 years older and much slower....Gini, a Dutch international, will be sought after and off like a shot ; ditto Janmaat although his defending will prevent the very top sides coming for him ; Shelvey will have interest from other clubs too and so will Mbemba.

Take those 5 out of the equation, together with Sissoko, and see if you still think we'll do well in the Champ league....!

According to him, we've been playing tremendously and we're going down.

We'll be tremendous with McClaren in charge next year and probably be fortunate to finish top half.

Don't assume I mean that literally - I'm making a point about his ludicrous rhetoric given what we've actually seen.

15:00, 24 May 2015

Ashley said: “(The club is not for sale) at any price and when I say ‘win something’, if we ever get into a position of being in a Champions League place, that also counts as winning something. From this day forward we will be making our own luck.”

15:00, 24 May 2015

Ashley said: “(The club is not for sale) at any price and when I say ‘win something’, if we ever get into a position of being in a Champions League place, that also counts as winning something. From this day forward we will be making our own luck.”

He contracted it out to a Vietnamese sweatshop so we're getting shitty bad quality luck made by poverty stricken 8 year olds.

According to him, we've been playing tremendously and we're going down.

We'll be tremendous with McClaren in charge next year and probably be fortunate to finish top half.

Don't assume I mean that literally - I'm making a point about his ludicrous rhetoric given what we've actually seen.

OK, and yes, I agree..!

Can someone explain to me why Ashley is willing to spend that much this window to help McClaren instead of sacking him and find a new manager?  I honestly don't think he loves and trust McClaren to that level.

Can someone explain to me why Ashley is willing to spend that much this window to help McClaren instead of sacking him and find a new manager?  I honestly don't think he loves and trust McClaren to that level.

He hates sacking/appointing managers. His priorities when it comes to managers is that they're loyal to him, that they're grateful to be at the club rather than noisy or demanding (ambitious). He got his fingers burnt with Keegan.

Oh, and he knows absolutely fuck all about football. He really doesn't understand the importance of a good manager.

I still find it hugely depressing to think that some newspapers said that someone like Tuchel was actually interested in coming to us (not sure whether Dortmund had approached him at this stage).  Could have thrown a load of cash at him and actually had a quality manager for the first time in over 10 years.

He hates sacking/appointing managers. His priorities when it comes to managers is that they're loyal to him, that they're grateful to be at the club rather than noisy or demanding (ambitious). He got his fingers burnt with Keegan.

Oh, and he knows absolutely fuck all about football. He really doesn't understand the importance of a good manager.

That's all well and good when he was in the black on transfer dealings so he was getting by without spending on players but he's looking at blowing £100m or thereabouts to bail McClaren out cause he's shit.

It's mind boggling.

That's all well and good when he was in the black on transfer dealings so he was getting by without spending on players but he's looking at blowing £100m or thereabouts to bail McClaren out cause he's shit.

It's mind boggling.

It's not even that. Ashley is shit scared to sack McClaren because it will make Charnley look like a clueless tosser - which he is - and that in turn will make people ask why the fuck was he given that job in the first place.

I still find it hugely depressing to think that some newspapers said that someone like Tuchel was actually interested in coming to us (not sure whether Dortmund had approached him at this stage).  Could have thrown a load of cash at him and actually had a quality manager for the first time in over 10 years.

Equally we could have had that Remi Garde that we all clamoured for and.........oh, wait a minute.

Cannot believe this bloke has been given 80m to spend, possibly more. Relatively speaking that's more than LVG.

This is not going to end well.

It only has to end in 8th within 3 seasons in reality :lol:

At least we would have beat palace

Home game to come.

Alta, who is that player in your profile pic? He/ she appears to have breasts.

:lol: It's the toon's only--as yet acknowledged--transginger player; we were very progressive in 1990... not really (on both counts). Though you're right he does look like he's got tits, weird tits, but tits none-the-less! It's actually Billy Askew, nee offence Billy (on slim chance the shocking news reaches you...) but he personifies my personal low point supporting Newcastle: unexpected defeat in play-off game at SJH to those from the dark place. Had my young hopes (on full deluded-tilt) set on tricky-winger-type local-lad to turn them inside out ... oh...well...it wasn't good...and it didn't end well.

At least we would have beat palace

Home game to come.

Alta, who is that player in your profile pic? He/ she appears to have breasts.

:lol: It's the toon's only--as yet acknowledged--transginger player; we were very progressive in 1990... not really (on both counts). Though you're right he does look like he's got tits, weird tits, but tits none-the-less! It's actually Billy Askew, nee offence Billy (on slim chance the shocking news reaches you...) but he personifies my personal low point supporting Newcastle: unexpected defeat in play-off game at SJH to those from the dark place. Had my young hopes (on full deluded-tilt) set on tricky-winger-type local-lad to turn them inside out ... oh...well...it wasn't good...and it didn't end well.

Transginger  :lol:

Never heard of him but thanks for the info. Thought he might have been Colback's dad.