Steve McClaren

Dave

Over to you Steve.

I'll give him 4 games (2 if we lose he next 2) and he will be out as Ashley will be still shitting himself and will pull the trigger

very hard to see much from the next 4 games if i'm honest, WBA at home is your main hope for points out of the 4 games

might as well sack him now

There's points to be had from Everton, West Brom and Stoke. Obviously if he fails then he should go.

Haven't we won once at Everton diver 2001? Things like that plus McClaren's dire record away from home suggest we're not getting much.

Optimistic side of me says 4 points from the next 4 games which would be us on 25 points from 27 games.

Over to you Steve.

I'll give him 4 games (2 if we lose he next 2) and he will be out as Ashley will be still shitting himself and will pull the trigger

very hard to see much from the next 4 games if i'm honest, WBA at home is your main hope for points out of the 4 games

There's points to be had from Everton, West Brom and Stoke. Obviously if he fails then he should go.

Haven't we won once at Everton diver 2001? Things like that plus McClaren's dire record away from home suggest we're not getting much.

Optimistic side of me says 4 points from the next 4 games which would be us on 25 points from 27 games.

We really need to be winning the home game and 1 of the three away. Then you've got a run of games where you really need to pick up some serious points.

Over to you Steve.

We really need to be winning the home game and 1 of the three away. Then you've got a run of games where you really need to pick up some serious points.

I agree. I mean there's no reason McClaren can't or won't guide us to safety, I just think a better manager with the players we have it's a forgone conclusion. With McClaren it's going to be a struggle to the very end I think.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-news-live-steve-10823707

So here’s a bite-sized summary of McClaren’s press conference (the TVs bit).

Seydou Doumbia is ‘touch and go’ for the Everton game. Newcastle are still waiting to hear about his visa. He’ll definitely be eligible for Saturday.

Saido Berahino bid showed Newcastle’s “ambition”, according to McClaren. It would have been a “bonus” if it’d have come off.

McClaren “delighted” with January. Says there’s a spring in the step of the players.

Jack Colback is ‘close’ to being fit. Paul Dummett’s fine. Kevin Mbabu and Massiado Haidara are a month away from fitness.

Andros Townsend will feature at some point at Goodison Park, probably from the start.

McClaren now believes NUFC have a “very good squad”. No excuses, then....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-news-live-steve-10823707

Seydou Doumbia is ‘touch and go’ for the Everton game. Newcastle are still waiting to hear about his visa. He’ll definitely be eligible for Saturday.

Saido Berahino bid showed Newcastle’s “ambition”, according to McClaren. It would have been a “bonus” if it’d have come off.

McClaren “delighted” with January. Says there’s a spring in the step of the players.

Jack Colback is ‘close’ to being fit. Paul Dummett’s fine. Kevin Mbabu and Massiado Haidara are a month away from fitness.

Andros Townsend will feature at some point at Goodison Park, probably from the start.

Massive pressure to deliver now and the new signings need to hit the ground running or we are gone so lets see a positive team selection away from home instead of worrying about the opposition for a change

Massive pressure to deliver now and the new signings need to hit the ground running or we are gone so lets see a positive team selection away from home instead of worrying about the opposition for a change

Townsend LWB with 5 at the back ftd (for the defeat) it is then, with long balls hoofed to Mitro. When are we going to finally get a manager who's positive and excites us before each game, regardless if it's home or away? We've gone from massive cunt (Pardew) to mental case (Carver) to milquetoast Uncle you never call because he's just so fucking shite at everything (McClaren).

Mbabu - another month? Doubt he'll be getting a new contract.

He doesn't really have anywhere to hide now, he's spent more in 6 months than other managers have in 6 years. There's more than enough quality in that squad to be picking up points from every game we play. He's going to have a strong bench as well if he can grow a pair and use it before the 89th minute.

He doesn't really have anywhere to hide now, he's spent more in 6 months than other managers have in 6 years. There's more than enough quality in that squad to be picking up points from every game we play. He's going to have a strong bench as well if he can grow a pair and use it before the 89th minute.

Martin O'Neill always made sure to use his subs mid way through the second half, Brummie knows, I guess that makes him a stormin' manager :lol:

Subbing for subbing sake is obviously retarded, I respect managers who make changes at half time and react to changing tactical situations, opposition subs.

Townsend LWB with 5 at the back ftd (for the defeat) it is then, with long balls hoofed to Mitro. When are we going to finally get a manager who's positive and excites us before each game, regardless if it's home or away? We've gone from massive cunt (Pardew) to mental case (Carver) to milquetoast Uncle you never call because he's just so fucking shite at everything (McClaren).

:lol: Partridge

Like Remi Garde,who every fucker was screaming for?

:lol:

Must feel good to badger everyone around with the blunt force of hindsight. Garde would still have done decently at a club that wasn't the abortion that is Aston Villa. And everyone was simply going by previous achievements and track record, and Garde trumps McC every time.

Must feel good to badger everyone around with the blunt force of hindsight. Garde would still have done decently at a club that wasn't the abortion that is Aston Villa. And everyone was simply going by previous achievements and track record, and Garde trumps McC every time.

That's not true at all, Garde just doesn't have much of a CV to critique, other than doing a reasonable job at Lyon.

That's not true at all, Garde just doesn't have much of a CV to critique, other than doing a reasonable job at Lyon.

However you look at it, at the time, in most people's eyes, there was no question of anyone preferring McClaren over Garde. Regardless of how you gauge each of their records. In my books, what he did with Lyon was far better than what McClaren's achieved and at least it was someone younger and on the up and up, as opposed to someone who'd been sacked from Derby.

IF we had sensible owner, I think it would be fair to say McClaren has three games to keep his job. There needs to be at least 3 points and signs of progress in these three.

There is a two week break after the Chelsea game on Feb. 13. After that period we have three games in a week - Man City (h), Stoke (a), Bournemouth (h).

March 2 - April 16 will likely decide our fate:

Bournemouth (h)

Leicester (a)

mackems (h)

Norwich (a)

Southampton (a)

Swansea (h)

He better be damn sure he's got the right man before that run of games.

However you look at it, at the time, in most people's eyes, there was no question of anyone preferring McClaren over Garde. Regardless of how you gauge each of their records. In my books, what he did with Lyon was far better than what McClaren's achieved and at least it was someone younger and on the up and up, as opposed to someone who'd been sacked from Derby.

You've summed it up right there, Garde was preferred by most because he was young, unproven and had no record of failure (or success) in English football.

Newcastle manager Steve McClaren said the club made a "statement" with the pursuit of West Brom striker Saido Berahino.

The Magpies offered £21m for the 22-year-old a day before transfer deadline day but the Baggies refused to sell.

"To make a huge bid like that for Saido shows the ambition we've got," said McClaren.

"It would have been a bonus if it had come off. We go with what we have got and it's a very, very good squad now."

Newcastle spent £29m in the transfer window as they signed Jonjo Shelvey from Swansea, Andros Townsend from Tottenham and Henri Saivet from Bordeaux on permanent deals and Roma's Seydou Doumbia on loan.

"This window was important. I am very pleased with it," added McClaren.

"We've done great business - they're four very good signings.

"Now we have to gel everybody together and, the last third of the season, really go for it."

Newcastle manager Steve McClaren said the club made a "statement" with the pursuit of West Brom striker Saido Berahino.

The Magpies offered £21m for the 22-year-old a day before transfer deadline day but the Baggies refused to sell.

"To make a huge bid like that for Saido shows the ambition we've got," said McClaren.

"It would have been a bonus if it had come off. We go with what we have got and it's a very, very good squad now."

Newcastle spent £29m in the transfer window as they signed Jonjo Shelvey from Swansea, Andros Townsend from Tottenham and Henri Saivet from Bordeaux on permanent deals and Roma's Seydou Doumbia on loan.

"This window was important. I am very pleased with it," added McClaren.

"We've done great business - they're four very good signings.

"Now we have to gel everybody together and, the last third of the season, really go for it."

I look forward to the open-top bus parade he spoke about at Boro when reaching 38 points, or was it just a massive party in the dressing room?

We might not have signed a proven prem goal scorer or shored up the defence but there's enough there to keep us in the division. McClaren can't have any excuses now, he needs to shape that team to get the best out of the players.

I'm just not convinced he can still......

Why was Garde such a popular choice, apart from the lads that are shit hot on the Euro scene most people didn't have a fucking Scooby about his credentials to take over usapart from some obscure reference from Arsene Wenger. And obviously the Carver fear factor,which hit home like a fucking Scream movie.

Like Remi Garde,who every f***er was screaming for?

Winning the Eredivisie with FC Twente was a big achievement, irrespective of how patchy the rest of McClaren's CV is. What's Garde ever done that comes close?