Steve McClaren

Dave

Cannot believe this bloke has been given 80m to spend, possibly more. Relatively speaking that's more than LVG.

This is not going to end well.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/webimage/1.7702967.1454002747!/image/2259183139.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleMaxWidth_620/2259183139.jpg

steve-mcclaren-Wolfsburg-007.jpg

At least we would have beat palace

Home game to come.

Alta, who is that player in your profile pic? He/ she appears to have breasts.

[emoji38]It's the toon's only--as yet acknowledged--transginger player; we were very progressive in 1990... not really (on both counts). Though you're right he does look like he's got tits, weird tits, but tits none-the-less! It's actually Billy Askew, nee offence Billy (on slim chance the shocking news reaches you...) but he personifies my personal low point supporting Newcastle: unexpected defeat in play-off game at SJH to those from the dark place. Had my young hopes (on full deluded-tilt) set on tricky-winger-type local-lad to turn them inside out ... oh...well...it wasn't good...and it didn't end well.

Transginger [emoji38]

Never heard of him but thanks for the info. Thought he might have been Colback's dad.

He made Colback look like a 1970 Beckenbauer. You're fortunate not to have seen him.

Home game to come.

[emoji38]It's the toon's only--as yet acknowledged--transginger player; we were very progressive in 1990... not really (on both counts). Though you're right he does look like he's got tits, weird tits, but tits none-the-less! It's actually Billy Askew, nee offence Billy (on slim chance the shocking news reaches you...) but he personifies my personal low point supporting Newcastle: unexpected defeat in play-off game at SJH to those from the dark place. Had my young hopes (on full deluded-tilt) set on tricky-winger-type local-lad to turn them inside out ... oh...well...it wasn't good...and it didn't end well.

Transginger [emoji38]

Never heard of him but thanks for the info. Thought he might have been Colback's dad.

He made Colback look like a 1970 Beckenbauer. You're fortunate not to have seen him.

Was this Ossie Ardiles era?

Home game to come.

Transginger [emoji38]

Jim Smith was manager when we lost the play-off at SJP.

Home game to come.

Transginger [emoji38]

Before, Jim Smith iirc. We had some talent back then. I think Hull beat us in the cup and we decided Askew was the man.

I remember his home debut, can't remember the opposition. Askew picked the ball up just outside our box and went on a mazy run up the left of the pitch, leaving opposition players in his wake. I was thinking: 'we've got a player here' but he ran the ball out of play and that was it as far as his NUFC career was concerned: five seconds of brilliance.

Can someone explain to me why Ashley is willing to spend that much this window to help McClaren instead of sacking him and find a new manager?  I honestly don't think he loves and trust McClaren to that level.

I think your misunderstanding the club now. Who the manages the club and what players are bought are now entirely separate, he could have sacked McClaren 1st Jan and still bought the same players.

Can someone explain to me why Ashley is willing to spend that much this window to help McClaren instead of sacking him and find a new manager?  I honestly don't think he loves and trust McClaren to that level.

I think your misunderstanding the club now. Who the manages the club and what players are bought are now entirely separate, he could have sacked McClaren 1st Jan and still bought the same players.

It still doesn't really add up, like. By our standards we're spending an obscene amount of money just to stay in the division. We spent in January 2013 doing the same thing, too; 'brought their summer spending forward', n all that bollocks.

If they just invested in the dugout they'd avoid all this spending to survive.

Mind you, I don't know why we bother trying to rationalise the decisions these people do or don't make. They're absolutely clueless. Yes, they're a backward bunch of cunts with motivations separate from footballing success - but above all, they're clueless when it comes to football. That's still the attribute that umbrellas every decision they've ever made for whatever reason. Not a brain cell knocking about any one of them.

Apparently Viera didn't get the job because he wanted to spend too much cash and then we go and splash the cash with McClaren I think Ashley is in full blown panic mode just now and if we lose the next two games he'll be having a uranium pill for breakfast

Apparently Viera didn't get the job because he wanted to spend too much cash and then we go and splash the cash with McClaren I think Ashley is in full blown panic mode just now and if we lose the next two games he'll be having a uranium pill for breakfast

Oh deformation,  they are in total melt down mode.  They always say Jan is difficult to sign players but when the club is under serious threat of going down they pull signings out there are. 

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd376/deathshead75/fcc6ae274a6c3450125ea31dbe451aa6_zpspjz6yz7r.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/12134785/In-convincing-Newcastle-United-to-spend-big-Steve-McClaren-has-put-himself-under-even-greater-pressure.html

The fact two England internationals have been signed is a triumph for McClaren who has been arguing for months that Newcastle need a core of British players to build around if he is going to bring success to the club.

However, despite the vast sum of money that have been spent to try and ward off the threat of relegation, Newcastle have also failed to properly address the two main areas of concern at the start of the window.

Newcastle have not replaced centre-back Mike Williamson, who was allowed to join Wolverhampton Wanderers, despite looking vulnerable in that area all season. And while Doumbia has arrived to bolster a strike force that has scored just 25 goals in the league this season, McClaren has not been given the class of striker he urged them to sign.

Over to you Steve.

I'll give him 4 games (2 if we lose he next 2) and he will be out as Ashley will be still shitting himself and will pull the trigger

Over to you Steve.

I'll give him 4 games (2 if we lose he next 2) and he will be out as Ashley will be still shitting himself and will pull the trigger

very hard to see much from the next 4 games if i'm honest, WBA at home is your main hope for points out of the 4 games

might as well sack him now

Seems crazy we've stuck with him considering how much money we were willing to invest to stay up. Probably more likely to stay up with a different manager than signing a raft of new players. I don't think the squad is great. But we'll need an extra 10-15% out of the players to sta y up? I'm sure there's another manager that could've acheived that.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/match-preview-everton-v-newcastle-united-goodison-park-03feb16-ko-19-45-pm-premier-league/

The euphoria of the performance against West Ham was sufficiently punctured by McClaren who played an unnecessary, mental formation.  The team was playing well 4 4 1 1, and McClaren changed it to counter the threat of Deeney and Igahlo – who scored 4 goals between them against us in 3 games. Well done Steve.  Please lets go back to normal against this lot.

McClaren simply can’t set a team up away from home.  It was his downfall with England.  One goal and one point from Russia, Croatia and Israel away in qualifying. Or not qualifying as it turned out.  At Boro there were two seasons in which his sides scored 12 (twelve) goals in 19 away league games.  Twelve! His average away goals tally at Middelsborough was 17.  In 19 games.  It’s not good enough.  Newcastle United’s major problem last season was our away form.  We won just 3 out of 19 away games last season.  Only QPR managed less.  So who did Charnley and Carr hire to arrest this slump away from home?  The man who’s away record in England at the highest level is a disaster.  What a surprise we’re heading for relegation

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/match-preview-everton-v-newcastle-united-goodison-park-03feb16-ko-19-45-pm-premier-league/

The euphoria of the performance against West Ham was sufficiently punctured by McClaren who played an unnecessary, mental formation.  The team was playing well 4 4 1 1, and McClaren changed it to counter the threat of Deeney and Igahlo – who scored 4 goals between them against us in 3 games. Well done Steve.  Please lets go back to normal against this lot.

McClaren simply can’t set a team up away from home.  It was his downfall with England.  One goal and one point from Russia, Croatia and Israel away in qualifying. Or not qualifying as it turned out.  At Boro there were two seasons in which his sides scored 12 (twelve) goals in 19 away league games.  Twelve! His average away goals tally at Middelsborough was 17.  In 19 games.  It’s not good enough.  Newcastle United’s major problem last season was our away form.  We won just 3 out of 19 away games last season.  Only QPR managed less.  So who did Charnley and Carr hire to arrest this slump away from home?  The man who’s away record in England at the highest level is a disaster.  What a surprise we’re heading for relegation

spot on that tbh

Wow. Did not know this.

Over to you Steve.

very hard to see much from the next 4 games if i'm honest, WBA at home is your main hope for points out of the 4 games

might as well sack him now

There's points to be had from Everton, West Brom and Stoke. Obviously if he fails then he should go.