Steve McClaren

Dave

'Don't want Moyes' ffs. Have a word.

If you want a solid but unspectacular manager who has failed to do what's been asked of him in his last two jobs carry on.

I'd rather hold a bit more hope about someone who can reinvent the club with positive football and turning us into something to be proud of. Moyes safety first doesn't exactly have me brining with anticipation.

I'd take moyes' hand off, personally.

I'd be genuinely worried that he'd not be able to come in and have the immediate impact we need, that aside though aye he's miles ahead of what we've got, what we had, and are likely to ever have under Ashley.

Id have either, but i still think our issue is more about personnel. If Willian ghosts past Tiote like he's not there & runs at the defence whos going to stop him? You can have him do that to someone else & have Tiote behind that man. But then we're playing defensive & have stacked the midfield as we did at Everton. Its basically up to our defenders up to a certain point & they're not good enough as we know.

Mcclarens not our biggest issue for me. He can obviously see basic weaknesses as he signed a playmaker & someone to balance our other wing. So im struggling to believe he see's no defensive weaknesses. He let go of Williamson, proof he has eyesight. We have too many defenders, so they didnt want to sign any. No suprises we've lost Haidara, Mbabu, Dummett, Mbemba & have only just got Taylor back. They wont sign more with these players on the books.

I would be completely ambivalent about someone like Moyes coming in, look at Everton ffs.. Martinez has them playing far superior football. Do you think any of their fans would want him back?

The guy who Pochettino learned his trade under (Marco Biesla), Guardiola once remarked that he was the best manager in the world.. but even aside from him, there's a few others he had under him who have done well in European football, La Liga I think.. Gerardo Martino.

Emery would be a top, top appointment for any team who can coax him. To think West Ham had a sniff of getting him last summer.

I would be completely ambivalent about someone like Moyes coming in, look at Everton ffs.. Martinez has them playing far superior football. Do you think any of their fans would want him back?

The guy who Pochettino learned his trade under (Marco Biesla), Guardiola once remarked that he was the best manager in the world.. but even aside from him, there's a few others he had under him who have done well in European football, La Liga I think.. Gerardo Martino.

Emery would be a top, top appointment for any team who can coax him. To think West Ham had a sniff of getting him last summer.

Is that Marcelo Bielsa?

considering Moyes finished within the top 8 in his last 7 seasons and won manager of the year in 3 of them id say they would, Everton are currently 11th! wtf is far superior football dropping 6 places they were challenging for champions league they now mid table. id take Benitez though just throw all the wages we can at him and pray he fancy's a challenge.

He took over Spurs & Portsmouth in bad positions and turned them round. I know he had a big budget at Pompey but the initial half season when he took over from Perrin was good. Failed at Southampton & QPR though. I think he'd see us clear with the bonus of him not wanting to relocate permanently so could go for a Moyes/Rodgers in the summer.

Redknapp's a spent force now imo. That trial did for him as did not getting the England job. I just don't think his heart is in it any more and I can't see him having the will for the fight to keep us up.

That and the fact that I can't stand him as a person makes me want him nowhere near us.

Ashley will go to the other board members aka Charnley, Carr, and Moncur and ask if McLaren will be able to keep us in the EPL, and we all know what they will say as they chose the useless bu**er.

They most certainly are not going to tell Ashley like it is.  They will tell him to take no notice of the fans because we are completely overreacting and that schteve has assured them that there is no chance we will be relegated, and Ashley will believe them because they are "football people".

Chances are they are waiting to be sacked as well so they can get a golden handshake too.  Wouldn't surprise me if they chose McLaren for that reason in the first place.

An unpopular opinion but voted no.

There's been some serious exaggerations since that Chelsea hammering. If we'd have taken our chances - not even most of them just the glaring opportunities we've had - we'd be well clear of the bottom three. There's been some horrible decisions like the 3 at the back phase, dropping Mitrovic away to Everton and that shambles at the weekend but overall our play has been better than it's been for seasons.

Unless there was a real chance of bringing someone in like Benitez - not going to happen - then the alternatives that we've been linked with are all uninspiring choices. Moyes has achieved nothing, failed miserably in his last two jobs and plays awful, turgid football. Rodgers comes across like a mini Pardew for me; he believe his own hype yet produces very little.

I'm not entirely convinced by McClaren after once being happy with his appointment but If we go down the majority of blame should be levelled at the player base.

There's been some serious exaggerations since that Chelsea hammering. If we'd have taken our chances - not even most of them just the glaring opportunities we've had - we'd be well clear of the bottom three. There's been some horrible decisions like the 3 at the back phase, dropping Mitrovic away to Everton and that shambles at the weekend but overall our play has been better than it's been for seasons.

Unless there was a real chance of bringing someone in like Benitez - not going to happen - then the alternatives that we've been linked with are all uninspiring choices. Moyes has achieved nothing, failed miserably in his last two jobs and plays awful, turgid football. Rodgers comes across like a mini Pardew for me; he believe his own hype yet produces very little.

I'm not entirely convinced by McClaren after once being happy with his appointment but If we go down the majority of blame should be levelled at the player base.

I agree with a lot of this tbh.

We should be creating more chances so that a missed sitter isn't costly though. Christ, how many chances did Bellamy miss particularly early on, or Dyer? Difference is we'd create so many chances we'd still score. Last two home games have been more like it but we should have been creating a lot more before that (and away obviously) so that we're not cursing a missed chance in a 0-1 or a 1-1 or whatever.

Well I disagree. McClaren was a very uninspiring appointment and where we are in the table (and cups) should not be a surprise as such. A good manager would have been able to get much more out of this squad, I'm convinced of it. There's a convincing argument that the squad is unbalanced, as we're obviously weak in certain positions but good managers are able to work out a game plan that enables the good players we do have to produce whilst protecting the weaker areas. I also firmly believe the better football argument is a bit of a myth. We're very inconsistent and for every decent game there are a couple of rank bad ones.