Steve McClaren

Dave

Just been on SSN - expects Colo to stay. Said he doesn't know if we will get anymore signings. Hope he was being cagey - otherwise we are going to struggle.

Obviously he's being cagey as I distinctly recall Ashley saying we were going to make our own luck from now on. I for one fully expect them to deliver more high quality signings as they never tell lies, mislead fans or create unrealistic expectations in the fanbase. #buythefuckingcart

Sounds like the pots dry.

I'd be ok with keeping Cisse  at the expense of another striker and just Adding another Centre Back. If it's just Mbemba coming in then we're fucked if he gets a knock.

Aye we need centre backs and a winger at a bare minimum, i could also make arguments for fullback and a DM. ( considering none of the options are particularly inspiring) Absolute joke if there's no more incomings, but sadly expected.

Sounds like the pots dry.

I'd be ok with keeping Cisse  at the expense of another striker and just Adding another Centre Back. If it's just Mbemba coming in then we're f***ed if he gets a knock.

Agreed - can take Cisse staying but it's blindingly obvious we need another CB. Might be another case of sell to buy.

I think the problem is we need to get people out before we get new people in. Squad size is limited to 25, and it's folly to have many if any players sat around on £30k/week+ who are not even registered in the squad.

Problem is that nobody wants any of our castoffs because everyone's aware they're turboshit.

Guest Gino14

We should be practically paying people to take some of them and just relieve the wage bill.  Nobody is going to give us a fee for people like Obertan, Gouffran and Williamson.

I think the problem is we need to get people out before we get new people in. Squad size is limited to 25, and it's folly to have many if any players sat around on £30k/week+ who are not even registered in the squad.

Problem is that nobody wants any of our castoffs because everyone's aware they're turboshit.

Other clubs do it so why not, loan them if you have to. That's really not an excuse.

They'll be thinking 3 in and around £35-40m spent. Next move is either to sell a good player or get rid of several fringe players on high wages.

I think we'd like to see some of Obertan, Marveux, colo, Williamson, Taylor, goof, and riv go before making any more signings. Of course should cisse, Tiote, Cabella or sissoko attract any good offers we will sell and start looking again.

Right now though I think that's it. Tbh it's much more than I expected.

Reckon we could get a couple of million for Gouffran from France.

Willo and Obertan are lost causes, we should be looking at nominal fees to get rid of them. We also have Marveaux and Abeid who I suspect we are trying to flog.

If it's about squad size, we should shift them ASAP. If it's about money, well, it shouldn't be.

Edit: Riviere too.