Steve McClaren

Dave

Absolutely convinced Obertan will be his pet that plays all the time

Have this feeling too. Could be the other useless twat Gouffran though. It's like choosing to be pissed or shat on

Pretty easy decision like :lol:

I'd start Obertan over Gouffran all day like.

He at least gives the team pace and to the untrained eye appears somewhat dangerous at times. Also provides tremendous comedy value.

Gouffran is just slow, boring and shite.

He at least gives the team pace and to the untrained eye appears somewhat dangerous at times. Also provides tremendous comedy value.

:thup: Definitely

If we're talking Pardew Obertan vs Pardew Gouffran, I might agree with you, but if we're talking about a pre-Pardew world, then Gouffran all day long. At least until we find out if his case of the Pardews is irreversible.

Everybody is placing Wijnaldum as a CM in their line-up and some even as a DM, but he played mostly right wing in PSV, didn't he? He is no playmaker and he is certainly no DM in my book. And Sissoko isn't really a winger is he? Yes, he didn't find his role in the center of the park under Pardew, but who did? I certainly would swap their positions.

Gouffran is the single most unproductive individual to have ever donned a NUFC shirt in my living memory. He is not so much crap as offering absolutely nothing to any side he is picked in. If he is picked on the left, you know for sure you may as well write off that side of the pitch from a production point of view, and there is not even an offset  by making that flank stronger defensively either.

On the scale of players I would want out of this club,only Williamson should be higher priority to flush away.

Gouffran is the single most unproductive individual to have ever donned a NUFC shirt in my living memory.

Bit of an overstatement, like. He's turned to absolute shit but was reasonable for about a year.

He started every game except 1 at Centre Midfield last year, so not sure where the winger thing comes from

I withdraw my statement then  :lol: Sure he was listed as a winger - never played there earlier?

He's played there and AM for that matter but last year was all CM and it was the best year of his career. Also from what little i have seen in pre season it seems like he's much better there, got isolated a bit further forward although that could be a product of Anita and Colback tbf.

That could be said for half the squad tbh but I agree with the statement. Mcclaren said he likes to play players to their strengths, but we would here similar s*** from Pardew who would play Jonas as a second left back and Sissoko out wide.

(Hindu Times)

Gouffran is probably the player I feel sorry for most to be honest. Don't think he's an unproductive player at all... just used so unbelievably incorrectly for the last 2 years.

Gouffran has always played on the wing for us hasn't he?

Gouffran is probably the player I feel sorry for most to be honest. Don't think he's an unproductive player at all... just used so unbelievably incorrectly for the last 2 years.

Used incorrectly in the sense that he's been playing games aye. He doesn't even bother pretending to try now, man.

Gouffran is the single most unproductive individual to have ever donned a NUFC shirt in my living memory. He is not so much crap as offering absolutely nothing to any side he is picked in. If he is picked on the left, you know for sure you may as well write off that side of the pitch from a production point of view, and there is not even an offset  by making that flank stronger defensively either.

On the scale of players I would want out of this club,only Williamson should be higher priority to flush away.

You mustn't remember Andreas Andersson.

I do, and I even put him ahead of Gouffran, ffs even Frank Pingel, Billy Askew, Wayne Ferreday et al offered something, some glimmer of hope that they would possibly effect the game in a positive way. Gouffran doesn't, you are playing with 10 men once he steps a foot on the pitch.

Obertan has had his moments, they are very rare but he has them in certain games. There are no moments now for Goffran, it's debatable in my mind that he was ever any good or just pardewed.

I can imagine every manager looks at Obertan and thinks 'There is a good player in there somewhere, I have to at least try and persevere to improve them'. In fairness to Obertan, during Pardew's miracle 6 game run last season, he actually looked somewhat dangerous. Like enough to actually make the opposition bother to mark him.

Anything remotely positive come out of this?

Colback won't be captain?

That's about it. Also don't think it was as negative as some are saying. Just a lot of standard coach speak.

Ah man, we're back to 'all managers say this stuff' are we? Did Pardew even leave.

Unfortunately it looks like we are going to have to let McClaren figure out what we all already n

Know a about some of these players.

I guess as a new manager he's come in and hasn't held anything against any of them from previous terrible play.

Fair dos I guess. Just hope he doesn't stick with any failures too long for his sake.

If he manages to bring any of the incumbents back from the dead I'll be amazed.