Steve McClaren

Dave

Good manager, nice bloke, plays good football. Proven record of improving young players, deserves another chance in the premier league based on his club achievements.

Same could basically be said about Pardew when he was appointed. There's a reason they've both ended up in lower leagues.

The 19th richest club on the planet shouldn't be run as a charity for mangers who want another chance.

Guest reefatoon

Pardew nice bloke? Give over.  Good manager? plays good football?  that sentence is the complete opposite of Pardew

Guest TruToon94

Good manager, nice bloke, plays good football. Proven record of improving young players, deserves another chance in the premier league based on his club achievements.

Same could basically be said about Pardew when he was appointed. There's a reason they've both ended up in lower leagues.

The 19th richest club on the planet shouldn't be run as a charity for mangers who want another chance.

Okay sorry but there was NO way that could be said. Pardew before he came here had the reputation of not knowing how to play his team. He added on that by being even worse that though.

In all fairness to McClaren he does have quite an enviable bit of trophyware for an English manager.

Nah, none of that could have been said when Pardew was appointed. He's always been an abortion.

Spoke to a Derby fan yesterday. The fact his fingers are most firmly crossed for us to 'poach' their 5/10 manager spoke volumes.

he's done a good job at derby to be fair to him. they werent anywhere near promotion until he took over, they were a whisker away in the playoffs final last season, and have been there or thereabouts this season.

you can pick at him for his england job, or wolfsburg, or forest, but certainly not derby.

Read he has a good relationship with Carr which is why he's being considered, someone who plays new signings consistantly in their correct positions would be a good start like. Pardew clearly didnt agree with Carr's appraisal of some we brought in, whatever bollocks they came out with.

Okay sorry but there was NO way that could be said. Pardew before he came here had the reputation of not knowing how to play his team. He added on that by being even worse that though.

In all fairness to McClaren he does have quite an enviable bit of trophyware for an English manager.

I reckon there was a perception of Pardew that was similar to that, among some and not all of course, but might be wrong. Some people argued he was a decent guy and pointed to his results with West Ham as well as bringing players through at Southampton. Of course it was horribly wrong, but appointing McClaren has its similarities to me. A coach whose reputation mainly consists of vague perceptions and old merits looking to resurrect his former standing in the game.

Comparing McClaren with Pardew is a bit silly IMO. McClaren has managed England, managed in Europe, won a league title in Holland, won a cup with Boro, won the lot as Sir Alex's no 2. Pardew has won fuck all and we picked him up from League 1.

I agree McClaren is better than Pardew. My point was that his potential appointment has similarities to Pardew's. I remember there were people presenting the same sort of argument about him at the time, how he'd done well previously etc. and "deserved another chance".

Another similarity is that there's a lot of much more appealing options for us but whoever manages us must be indebted to Ashley, so McClaren fits the bill.

mcclaren is bang average at best but everyone new pardew had a reputation for being a twat, whatever they thought about his managing qualities.

That's how I recall my assessment of Pardew when he was appointed manager. I always thought he was a massive bell end and played shit football. That was confirmed during his time here. McClaren is very uninspiring but he is a proper football manager.

Pardew was the guy who didn't play Tevez and Mascherano, and fucked one of his player's wives. McLaren is the wally with the brolly. And we need a man with an umbrella because we are constantly being shat on from the man on high...

Guest firetotheworks

It's like being turned down by your safe choice on a night out, then looking in the mirror and realising that you're a fucking monster.