Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest Gino14

I don't have any confidence anything will be done.  This is Newcastle, we're the perennial too late merchants.  It'll drag, there'll be speculation till about Wednesday/Thursday, all the while some PR rubbish statement gets drafted.  Then it'll be onwards towards relegation with Carver.  It would be an utter shock if the club did anything at this point, based on their actions towards every situation since Mike Ashley took over.  If there's a wrong decision to make about the direction the club should take, that's the way they go.  The ownership, directorship, management and players are all unfit for purpose.  Run that way long enough and eventually you won't get away with it, no matter how s*** the teams below.  Eventually we've become shitter and deserve to be relegated if that's how we finish.

Similarly to when they laughably claimed that Wonga had changed the stadium back to SJP, maybe Ashley brings McClaren in now to save us and therefore be a hero, a saviour etc. Blatantly manipulated, positive PR.

I don't have any confidence anything will be done.  This is Newcastle, we're the perennial too late merchants.  It'll drag, there'll be speculation till about Wednesday/Thursday, all the while some PR rubbish statement gets drafted.  Then it'll be onwards towards relegation with Carver.  It would be an utter shock if the club did anything at this point, based on their actions towards every situation since Mike Ashley took over.  If there's a wrong decision to make about the direction the club should take, that's the way they go.  The ownership, directorship, management and players are all unfit for purpose.  Run that way long enough and eventually you won't get away with it, no matter how s*** the teams below.  Eventually we've become shitter and deserve to be relegated if that's how we finish.

:thup:

I can't see Shteeve joining us in this predicament, why would he come here and risk being in the Championship next season with a worse team than the one he has at the moment? It would be in his best interest to wait and see how things pan out.

At least at Derby he gets to call most of the shots, here he gets dictated to, given players to work with and left on the front line to fight all their battles with a toothpick.

I'm not sure McClaren wants to do this. It's hell for any manager now. Ashley's been shamed in the media over these past weeks, there's an awareness of his principles, his purpose and his use of NUFC that wasn't there prior to Pardew going. It unmasked the whole thing. Anyone who signs up for doing his job now will have to answer a f***ing load of questions on Ashley and how they consider working for him.

This will apply to McClaren and basically anyone else. He will also know how easy it'll be for the fans to turn on him, the cards are on the table from the off this time. With Pardew, very few knew the details.

It's a posionous job, at least in the way Ashley sees it.

If he's planning on taking the job regardless then I'd admire his bollocks if he took it now. He could leave it, wait for us to go down and plan a promotion push or he could take it now, back his ability to turn things around quickly and pick up 4 points which would mean he is managing a PL team from the off.

It'll say a lot about McClaren's courage and self-belief as to what happens in the next month.

If he's planning on taking the job regardless then I'd admire his bollocks if he took it now. He could leave it, wait for us to go down and plan a promotion push or he could take it now, back his ability to turn things around quickly and pick up 4 points which would mean he is managing a PL team from the off.

It'll say a lot about McClaren's courage and self-belief as to what happens in the next month.

He'd get my respect if he came now. On a hiding to nothing.

@CaulkinTheTimes

Understand that #Nufc today sounded out McClaren, or people close to him, about taking over for last 3 games. Looks unlikely at the moment.

@CaulkinTheTimes

Understand that #Nufc today sounded out McClaren, or people close to him, about taking over for last 3 games. Looks unlikely at the moment.

That means he's definitely on the radar :clap2: :indi: :celb:

@CaulkinTheTimes

Predictable. On to the second choice - JFK?

@CaulkinTheTimes

"WE TRIED!"

Guest TCD23

McClaren would do fuck all if he came in. I doubt any manager could do anything. We don't have a defence now, don't matter who comes in we're screwed. The time for change has gone and our only hope was to get this done January.

In that case they'll lose (potentially) hundreds of millions of pounds because they refuse to act. They couldn't find their own arseholes with both hands.

If they were serious about wanting Steve McClaren all along and they are desperate enough to ask him to come in for the last 3 games to avoid relegation, surely it would simply be a case of saying "it's now or never Steve. We'll look elsewhere if you can't commit to this"? Not saying that would be the right decision, but the club holds all the cards here if McClaren is indeed interested in coming here. If he's not, then what have the club even been doing all this time? What happens if he turns us down, have they just spent 6 months not planning ahead once again? Scratch that, I know the answer.