Steve McClaren

Dave

I maintain that we find a reputable out-of-work manager who has confidence in his own ability, and we ask them how much money in return for keeping us up.

We get a new manager boost, hopefully with a bit of freedom and 'reigns loosened', they get into the shop window if they're looking for work and whatever we have to pay, is nothing compared to what we will lose if we drop into the Championship.

It's easy really.

We need a manager who will scare the sh@t out of the players if they fail to give 110% in every remaining game.

Ashley will be straight onto the phone to no nonsense Brit Nigel Pearson.

I posted this last month but for those who missed it.............

"McClaren simply can’t set a team up away from home. It was his downfall with England. One goal and one point from Russia, Croatia and Israel away in qualifying. Or not qualifying as it turned out. At Boro there were two seasons in which his sides scored 12 (twelve) goals in 19 away league games. Twelve! His average away goals tally at Middelsborough was 17. In 19 games. It’s not good enough. Newcastle United’s major problem last season was our away form. We won just 3 out of 19 away games last season. Only QPR managed less. So who did Charnley and Carr hire to arrest this slump away from home? The man who’s away record in England at the highest level is a disaster. What a surprise we’re heading for relegation."

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/match-preview-everton-v-newcastle-united-goodison-park-03feb16-ko-19-45-pm-premier-league/

Guest chopey

A Boro mate of mine said I would soon get sick of McLaren trying to put a positive spin on everything to the point where he has himself convinced

Pay Rafa a massive bonus to save us from relegation, pay him his normal rate in any case, then hire him full time going forward. If not, he walks away with good pay.

And his reputation fucked

Pay Rafa a massive bonus to save us from relegation, pay him his normal rate in any case, then hire him full time going forward. If not, he walks away with good pay.

And his reputation f***ed

Rafa can just say "this newcastle team was shit, and that club is ran by a shithead" and he'd be cool.

The problem is, based on his comments, he GENUINELY think it was correct to park the bus and pray for miracle.  Thats his approach for fighting this relegation battle. 

So we might park the bus on Saturday against the mighty Bournemouth .... great plan Shteve and no doubt you will still speak of progress after a home draw? Can't wait to celebrate this magnificent achievement down town and sing great songs about the mighty manager later on :)

Truth is nobody wanted him except Carr and Moncur ... what a set of pricks have led this club under Ashley only Hughton could hold his head up besides of course KK probably the only man who could turn this whole shower of shyte right around even now... Dennis Wise anyone? Kinnear p'raps?

there's only one thing that's been worse than last night's performance - and that's the shit and bollocks/spin that McLaren, Shelvey and Anderson (radio Newcastle) have come out with since.

the whole fucking lot of them seem blissfully unaware that the team is shite, not unlucky.

Theres always a tipping point. Pardews was Stoke, we seen McClarens last night. Will he get sacked? Judging the clubs previous actions, no. Theres no accountability at the club and McClaren is even on the board.

However I think he lost a lot of fans last night.

You know what pisses me off is so called expert's saying loose against Bournemouth and Ashley will get rid of him.. so if we get a win then does that make everything alright??

The Riviere sub alone is a sackable offence IMO.

Completely out of his depth, wouldn't even want him to manage us if we went down either.

Was gonna say this last night. It really boggles the mind :lol:

This manager lark is a lottery. I was quite happy with McClaren when he was appointed as he looked fairly solid. International experience,continental experience,shown the ropes by one of the greatest managers of all time,seemed to play good passing football etc,etc. But the bloke is so bad. Game after game he makes poor decisions.

Compare that with Pochettino who had a 32% win rate from 161 games at Espanyol and was basically sacked. Came to the Premier League and is taking it by storm.

I bet we don't even have a shortlist of managers if McClaren was sacked just like when Pardew left.