Steve McClaren

Dave

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160304/863785fa038629ce9c563764b5822b73.jpg

Not something we didn't already know, but still. The pig headedness of it man

:lol: Never? Jesus. Was he watching the games?

It's completely insane, literally no worries for pardew, lose as many as you like. 

If they weren't going to sack him, they're not going to sack Steve. This is our look for a few years. Gotta get relegated, imo.

Well at least it's a positive hearing this kind of news coming out. Whether it's too late or whether we will avoid the drop is another matter. What needs to be done is to get rid of McClaren. It's obvious that it's not only results that is the problem right now. But with him losing the dressing room, think it's just a matter of time.

We can still avoid the drop. 10 games is enough with winnable fixtures among them.

Totally agree but as we've seen it's who they appoint. They've buggered that up time and time again so i have no trust in them doing it right.

I'd still roll the dice though, if McClaren stays we're going down. I'd appoint Moyes from what's realistically left. If as i suspect that they wouldn't go for a Eddie Howe type.

Hoping that they can now make the 'right' decisions out of pure desperation to satisfy Ashley's greediness.

Sounds about right.

Well at least it's a positive hearing this kind of news coming out. Whether it's too late or whether we will avoid the drop is another matter. What needs to be done is to get rid of McClaren. It's obvious that it's not only results that is the problem right now. But with him losing the dressing room, think it's just a matter of time.

We can still avoid the drop. 10 games is enough with winnable fixtures among them.

Totally agree but as we've seen it's who they appoint. They've buggered that up time and time again so i have no trust in them doing it right.

I'd still roll the dice though, if McClaren stays we're going down. I'd appoint Moyes from what's realistically left. If as i suspect that they wouldn't go for a Eddie Howe type.

If there is any truth in the sacking story, then surely we would have had to sound out someone already, and I just can't see the people running the club doing it the right way. If he was to go I am certain we wouldn't have a new man in charge for the Leicester game it will be Cathro or Simpson as caretaker.

Caulkin also saying that McClaren was on the brink before we managed to beat Liverpool and Spurs, and that tomorrow holds the key to his future.

See i don't get that, say we beat Bournemouth and then get murdered by Leicester, what's the difference.

We're in a position because he's a poor manager (the players should cop stick as well), beating Bournemouth changes absolutely nothing in regard to McClaren, he'll still be a poor manager. Shame the idiots running us can't swallow their pride and just admit they got it wrong appointing him.

It looks like they're pinning absolutely everything on our home form - beat Bournemouth and that's 3 home wins in a row, keep that going and we would probably be OK.

Bollocks in reality of course, because there's no way we'll win all of our "winnable" home games, but it's my best guess at the thinking behind the current stance..

Sounds silly but individual results shouldn't matter that much. We either have faith in the manager or we don't. 1 or 2 matches shouldn't change that.

Not silly at all. So if we beat Bournemouth he is safe?? this fucking club man..

Caulkin also saying that McClaren was on the brink before we managed to beat Liverpool and Spurs, and that tomorrow holds the key to his future.

See i don't get that, say we beat Bournemouth and then get murdered by Leicester, what's the difference.

We're in a position because he's a poor manager (the players should cop stick as well), beating Bournemouth changes absolutely nothing in regard to McClaren, he'll still be a poor manager. Shame the idiots running us can't swallow their pride and just admit they got it wrong appointing him.

It looks like they're pinning absolutely everything on our home form - beat Bournemouth and that's 3 home wins in a row, keep that going and we would probably be OK.

Bollocks in reality of course, because there's no way we'll win all of our "winnable" home games, but it's my best guess at the thinking behind the current stance..

I'd say Wednesday's line up and tactics make your point bang on. It's all about the home form, which despite what they're saying is patchy at best.

Can't see how some are seeing this Bournemouth game as a guaranteed win. They absolutely battered us at their place. They have just come off a good win against Southampton. I can't see how us in our current form can get a win. We barely beat a poor West Brom ffs! It's a game we should and could win but not with the donkey face in charge and our disgruntled divas in the team.

If there is any truth in the sacking story, then surely we would have had to sound out someone already, and I just can't see the people running the club doing it the right way. If he was to go I am certain we wouldn't have a new man in charge for the Leicester game it will be Cathro or Simpson as caretaker.

You made the the mistake of using common sense there, we don't do that at our club like.

Can't see how some are seeing this Bournemouth game as a guaranteed win. They absolutely battered us at their place. They have just come off a good win against Southampton. I can't see how us in our current form can get a win. We barely beat a poor West Brom ffs! It's a game we should and could win but not with the donkey face in charge and our disgruntled divas in the team.

We battered them tbf. They were absolutely terrible though.

By the sounds of things it's better we lose if SMC gets the sack as a result.

FWIW:

Was told through work a while ago that Charnley asked around a lot before the game against Liverpool, one of those he asked for advice was Wendy Taylor (which tells its own story). After we won that game they cooled things and decided to buy in January. So they've been close to axe him before.

Keith Bishop is still heavily involved behind the scenes. Suggestion is Ashley has no intention whatsoever to sell but, according to Bishop, "could wake up one day and decide its time".

FWIW:

Was told through work a while ago that Charnley asked around a lot before the game against Liverpool, one of those he asked for advice was Wendy Taylor (which tells its own story). After we won that game they cooled things and decided to buy in January. So they've been close to axe him before.

Keith Bishop is still heavily involved behind the scenes. Suggestion is Ashley has no intention whatsoever to sell but, according to Bishop, "could wake up one day and decide its time".

Who is Wendy Taylor?

FWIW:

Who is Wendy Taylor?

Head of Media, I think. At least that was her former role.

FWIW:

Who is Wendy Taylor?

May be a stupid question, but why would he need her advice to change manager?

FWIW:

Who is Wendy Taylor?

May be a stupid question, but why would he need her advice to change manager?

Maybe he wanted her to tweet Kinnear to come back.