Steve McClaren

Dave

The players are bigger c***s than McClaren, f***ing ridiculous how many mercenaries exist in our squad.

It's as if they know the club has no ambition and has been selling itself as a stepping stone...

Stop making excuses for them. Where's the professional pride.

Aye, if it gets to the point when a manager is one game away from the sack, you are only delaying the inevitable. I can't think of many managers who have come back from the brink to stay long term and be a success. Was Fergie nearly sacked in his early Man U days?

Not suggesting Mcclaren could do what he did btw :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-desperate-state-would-pointless-10987126

Rob Lee thinks it would be pointless to sack McClaren as whoever replaced him couldn't change much. What a joke. Changing managers saved Sunderland and Aston Villa last season.

Changing our manager in 99 changed the entire club not to mention dragged Lee back off the scrapheap. Wonder if he openly pleaded for Gullit to stay back then, at least he had the decency to quit mind

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone actively hoping for a defeat tomorrow to see what might happen?

I am 100% sure hoping for a defeat wont make anything happen mind

The players are bigger c***s than McClaren, f***ing ridiculous how many mercenaries exist in our squad.

It's as if they know the club has no ambition and has been selling itself as a stepping stone...

Stop making excuses for them. Where's the professional pride.

I'm not, just saying they're affected by the general state/condition of the club. Just as we are; I don't WANT us to be relegated but I won't shed any tears if it happens. In fact, it would be a bit funny. Because Ashley.

I really don't get why it's always "2 games to save his job."  "If Newcastle lose on Saturday, He'll be sacked."  We read all of this before the WBA game and we had it all the while with Carver, as well.  If it's not just speculation and made up bollocks.  Then what's the point in dragging it out?  Can they not see, that after 27 games or whatever, that he's not good enough?  Are they expecting everything to just click into place and for us to go on a 6 game winning streak and stay up with a bit to spare? 

As it stands, we're going down.  Even if we win on Saturday, it doesn't suddenly mean McClaren is the right man for the job.  Like the WBA game, it's as if they're basing his ability as a manager, on a one off game.  As opposed to the entire 20 odd games that proceeded it :lol: 

IMO, it's going down to the wire and we won't be safe or down, until right near the end of the season.  We're going to run out of points to play for, if we leave it any longer.  Sack him after Bournemouth whether we win, lose or draw. 

Bit in bold is key for me. The result on Saturday shouldn't make any difference in reality.  If we win 1-0 but are dominated all game and score a lucky goal, it's hardly as if that is going to kickstart a great run.  He'll still be shit.

For once, I hope this is true. Defeat will get him sacked. The only reason I have that tiny bit of hope it will happen is because of that massive Tv deal coming up.

Any other season, no chance it would happen. Any other season, not a chance in hell Ashley would let the club spend big in the January window. Well, it happened this time around so that tiny hope is just the only straw left I'm clutching to. Defeat and he stays, we'll be relegated.

Exactly.  They know they won't be here for more than a couple of years at most so why should they care.  If we get relegated, they will be off anyway.

Sounds like an absolute circus behind the scenes.

Would be nice to get the new manager bounce heading into the derby.

The only inspiration the players need is a Steve Black 2-hour special :thup:

Steve Black was at Sunderland and QPR when they both got relegated.

We will win tomorrow, I am absolutely convinced, it's the same every time there is any speculation he has always managed to scrape a win.

However assuming we were to get beat, does anyone really think we would have a replacement in by the time we play Leicester? That would surely mean we would be talking to someone right now, and we don't do forward planning. If we were to sack him my Hess is they would put Cathro in, and by the time we got round to appointing someone else it will be another 3-4 games down the line.

its too late realistically. Should of seen the way it was going in January and sacked him then, and let the new guy buy a few defenders and a striker or two. Doing it now with so few games t ogo is not going to make any difference, we have a terrible defence, no cover and a load of posh farts who can't be arsed as they get paid massive amounts be it here or in the championship - were fucked.

Caulkin also saying that McClaren was on the brink before we managed to beat Liverpool and Spurs, and that tomorrow holds the key to his future.

See i don't get that, say we beat Bournemouth and then get murdered by Leicester, what's the difference.

We're in a position because he's a poor manager (the players should cop stick as well), beating Bournemouth changes absolutely nothing in regard to McClaren, he'll still be a poor manager. Shame the idiots running us can't swallow their pride and just admit they got it wrong appointing him.

Caulkin also saying that McClaren was on the brink before we managed to beat Liverpool and Spurs, and that tomorrow holds the key to his future.

See i don't get that, say we beat Bournemouth and then get murdered by Leicester, what's the difference.

We're in a position because he's a poor manager (the players should cop stick as well), beating Bournemouth changes absolutely nothing in regard to McClaren, he'll still be a poor manager. Shame the idiots running us can't swallow their pride and just admit they got it wrong appointing him.

Completely agree, it was the same before the WBA game, we won then got smashed of Chelsea and beat of Stoke.

Completely agree, it was the same before the WBA game, we won then got smashed of Chelsea and beat of Stoke.

Aye it makes little sense. They're talking about the 9 day break before Leicester to appoint the new manager if we lose to Bournemouth, yet we got obliterated by Chelsea and had the perfect 18 days to do it. We're just run by utter morons, same as with Pardew. We can all see it yet they can't.

I actually think hanging on too long with McClaren is because of Pardew's reign. Pardew had them convinced these things happen, we can't compete etc. Now though they've spent money they're reacting too slowly because of that imo.

We really are the only club that doesn't seem to judge a manager on results, the one thing he should be judged on in the end.

Well at least it's a positive hearing this kind of news coming out. Whether it's too late or whether we will avoid the drop is another matter. What needs to be done is to get rid of McClaren. It's obvious that it's not only results that is the problem right now. But with him losing the dressing room, think it's just a matter of time.

We can still avoid the drop. 10 games is enough with winnable fixtures among them.

Well at least it's a positive hearing this kind of news coming out. Whether it's too late or whether we will avoid the drop is another matter. What needs to be done is to get rid of McClaren. It's obvious that it's not only results that is the problem right now. But with him losing the dressing room, think it's just a matter of time.

We can still avoid the drop. 10 games is enough with winnable fixtures among them.

Totally agree but as we've seen it's who they appoint. They've buggered that up time and time again so i have no trust in them doing it right.

I'd still roll the dice though, if McClaren stays we're going down. I'd appoint Moyes from what's realistically left. If as i suspect that they wouldn't go for a Eddie Howe type.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160304/863785fa038629ce9c563764b5822b73.jpg

Not something we didn't already know, but still. The pig headedness of it man

:lol: Never? Jesus. Was he watching the games?

Totally agree but as we've seen it's who they appoint. They've buggered that up time and time again so i have no trust in them doing it right.

I'd still roll the dice though, if McClaren stays we're going down. I'd appoint Moyes from what's realistically left. If as i suspect that they wouldn't go for a Eddie Howe type.

Hoping that they can now make the 'right' decisions out of pure desperation to satisfy Ashley's greediness.