Steve McClaren

Dave

Some of his selection choices have been very, very poor, recently. He also didn't need to change the home formula from the last game, and it was imperative we had a good start yesterday - we did try to start quick but the likes of Riviere stunted it. Far too panicky with some of those choices.

He should go. I do think he's made some progress on the footballing front in his time here but that's ultimately nowhere near enough. This squad's doomed, though, so much s**** running through it and still a huge lack of mental strength.

Craig Hope can f*** off too. His article about that press conference is an absolute disgrace, reads like a f***ing awful Sun exclusive. Calls himself a fan, man.

Agree with every word of this.

The tactical and personal decisions in the Stoke and Bournemouth game have been some of the worst and most desperate decisions I've seen from us. It's almost as if he was just throwing things together and hoping for something to happen.

Also agree on the Hope stuff. Like Luke Edwards he's loving his moment in the limelight. Edwards still bring it up every chance he gets. Total shit bags.

Guest chopey

Ashley has enough on his plate with sports direct losing 40% of its value in the past couple of month so he must be so pissed off with charnley for putting him in the situation, but if he hadn't built the club on cheap plastic foundations then he wouldn't be in this mess

He has to go, even if you just look at it from the Chelsea result. To come up with two performances like we have after 18 days, half of that away in a training camp supposedly ironing out the problems we've had.

Any functioning homo sapien with a brain cell can see he's utterly useless as a manager.

I think McClaren will only go if they can get the replacement they want, much like last season when they tried for McClaren then released a statement saying they support Carver. I expect a statement later today or tomorrow backing McClaren and telling us to get behind him for the rest of the season

I think McClaren will only go if they can get the replacement they want, much like last season when they tried for McClaren then released a statement saying they support Carver. I expect a statement later today or tomorrow backing McClaren and telling us to get behind him for the rest of the season

I could see a Pearson or Redknapp for 10 games this time around until someone else.

Guest ElCid

If so it's Championship football then - this time there are managers available now and we're not in a midtable position - is Ashley really going to want to lose 100 million by keeping things as they are?

Board meeting is an opportunity for McClaren to present his strategy of how to fix this in the short term. Assuming he convinces the other members of the board, he'll stay.

he said its a good job theres 10 games left, enough time to find a solution :lol:  that he has missed for 28 games, how can he even say this?

He has to go, even if you just look at it from the Chelsea result. To come up with two performances like we have after 18 days, half of that away in a training camp supposedly ironing out the problems we've had.

Any functioning homo sapien with a brain cell can see he's utterly useless as a manager.

You're giving our owner too much credit here.

The 4231 is great if a team can keep possession like a Chelsea or an Arsenal but really hard on the players if they can't. They have to run about loads more than in a 433. Over time they hate the manager for not changing it...Every game begins to feel like a nightmare.

You're giving our owner too much credit here.

True but his love of money is at the root of his brain, well i suppose that what i'm hoping.

The 4231 is great if a team can keep possession like a Chelsea or an Arsenal but really hard on the players if they can't. They have to run about loads more than in a 433. Over time they hate the manager for not changing it...Every game begins to feel like a nightmare.

I hate 4-2-3-1 with a passion, it's about having two defensive midfielders all the time. It's crap, i know some teams might play it ok but i just hate the thing, utterly hate it. And when we use it ffs, our midfield are so deep it's ridculous. Wankers formation.

I hate 4-2-3-1 with a passion, it's about having two defensive midfielders all the time. It's crap, i know some teams might play it ok but i just hate the thing, utterly hate it. And when we use it ffs, our midfield are so deep it's ridculous. Wankers formation.

It just doesn't work unless the 3 are all practically world class, mobile with massive engines. :lol:

Leicester play a simple 442 and switch to a 451 without the ball - Okazaki drops in. They always have less possession but focus on the counter with fast turnarounds and transition play. We do the exact opposite. It does help they have a striker with pace and the 2nd striker has a good engine and is aggresive when dropping in. Ranieri keeps it simple and looks to exploit the space as soon as the opp lose the ball. Simple.

Guest Roger Kint

Is Ian Darke with Talkshite now? Used to be a good listen when he was with 5Live.

That tweet is clickbait, btw.

Yeah, they needed a proper commentator as whenever Sam Twatterface or that mong Moose were doing it they had people turning over during games.