Crap Kids who played for the Toon

Guest BooBoo

Spurs were robbed when you stole Garry Brady from us!! :lol:

I think taking the awful Kevin Scott from us negates that one. :)

True, but you'll always be forgiven dumping Scotty onto us as you also sold us Ginola, Waddle and Gazza.  Fabulous talents, which unfortunately, is not how we remember KS!!!

Guest Geordie Boot Girl

i was out in Newcastle few month ago and bumped into Stewy Elliott - little ginger flat faced cockney - he was over the moon that i knew who was - how so very sad of me lol

True, but you'll always be forgiven dumping Scotty onto us as you also sold us Ginola, Waddle and Gazza.  Fabulous talents, which unfortunately, is not how we remember KS!!!

Ruel Fox, £4.5m. Be quiet. :hmm:

:lol:

Ruel Fox, £4.5m. Be quiet. :hmm:

:lol: :lol:

Scary to think that Fox cost more than Ginola, Waddle and Gazza combined. :kasper:

I suppose Sir Les at £6m was a dud as well but not his fault he was plagued with injuries in his time with us.  So for me he will always be the perfect gent who I'm privileged to say I met on a couple of occasions.

Top man! O0

BTW, apologies for taking this thread far from where it should have been!  :coolsmiley::angel: :lol:

What about the guy Hunt was around late 80s early 90s. Think he was employed as computer geek when we plucked him from non league ..........lives in jungle in Belize last i heard

Andy Hunt?

Ah I remember my posters of him and Tony Lormor from the Pink! lol

What about the guy Hunt was around late 80s early 90s. Think he was employed as computer geek when we plucked him from non league ..........lives in jungle in Belize last i heard

Had a half decent spell at WBA i seem to remember or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Had a half decent spell at WBA i seem to remember or is my mind playing tricks on me?

his first couple of games for us he scored a couple of cracking goals, and he's back from bvelize i heard but still spends a lot of time there as he has a couple of businesses there.

his first couple of games for us he scored a couple of cracking goals, and he's back from bvelize i heard but still spends a lot of time there as he has a couple of businesses there.

he was a top scorer in the former 1st division, wasn't he?.. with Charlton?

Was Hooper one who progressed from the youths? I've got an old video, that features Hooper, and his only appearance on it is a 3-0 loss at QPR. We were 3-0 down after about 12 minutes i think.

No mentions of Harper please.....

Was Hooper one who progressed from the youths? I've got an old video, that features Hooper, and his only appearance on it is a 3-0 loss at QPR. We were 3-0 down after about 12 minutes i think.

No.

No.

£500,000 from liverpool

No.

I've seen a number of kids who didn't live up to expectation, hype or simply didn't have enough talent. More so when we were really crap. Some went on to be reasonably successful (Joe Allon was named North East Sports Personality of the Year iirc & Andy Hunt scored plenty goals (but got injured again iirc).

I don't see the point of a thread having a go at these kids; what message does it give the present youngsters? I'd rather talk about the money grabbing "superstars" we've had & didn't produce - now they deserve abuse.

Brian Kerr had a very good game at home to Liverpool once. Other than that I consider him rubbish.

Richard Offiong - did he ever feature for the first team?

Can't believe we stuck to Steve Caldwell but not Gary. Gary is playing some very good stuff for Celtic and Scotland I hear.

No.

Ah right, wasn't sure. Couple years before my time really... wasn't sure where he originated from.

I've seen a number of kids who didn't live up to expectation, hype or simply didn't have enough talent. More so when we were really crap. Some went on to be reasonably successful (Joe Allon was named North East Sports Personality of the Year iirc & Andy Hunt scored plenty goals (but got injured again iirc).

I don't see the point of a thread having a go at these kids; what message does it give the present youngsters? I'd rather talk about the money grabbing "superstars" we've had & didn't produce - now they deserve abuse.

Lighten up man, its just a jokey thread.

Brian Kerr had a very good game at home to Liverpool once. Other than that I consider him rubbish.

Richard Offiong - did he ever feature for the first team?

Can't believe we stuck to Steve Caldwell but not Gary. Gary is playing some very good stuff for Celtic and Scotland I hear.

Season Gary spent on loan in the championship he was apparently the best defender in the league. Never understood why he wasn't given more of a chance. Reckon he must be better than the likes of Ramage etc... (I know different times but still).