Forget Riquelme

Guest sicko2ndbest

Am i mental thinking Arshavin would be a better signing?  :crazy2:

Where would Arshavin play? How would your mid/attacking formation look?

4-3-3:    Emre-Barton-Arshavin in midfield or Martins-Viduka-Arshavin up front

4-4-2:    Him as attacking midfielder or right winger       

Given

Beye Rozehnal Faye Enrique

Edmilson

Riquelme  Barton

Arshavin                          N'Zogbia

Viduka

;)

Given

Edmilson

Riquelme   Barton

Viduka

;)

I think I just jizzed my pants :drool:

if we dont get into europe we have got no chance of attracting top class footballers

Are you saying the players we signed this summer were not top class footballers?

yes, they arnt top class footballers

Given

Edmilson

Riquelme  Barton

Viduka

;)

Same here!!!!Never gonna happen!Even if we do sign Riquelme,he will be injured in no time anyways!! :weep:

Edmilson will be a good signing though! :thup:

Not sure about the Arshavin dude though

Given

Edmilson

Riquelme   Barton

Viduka

;)

Replace Zoggy with Martins and I too will jizz ...

:smug:

Given

Edmilson

Riquelme   Barton

Viduka

;)

Replace Viduka with Martins and I too will jizz ...

did we agree to sign edmilson in january? or did that not happen? is it just what people want?

Given

Edmilson

Riquelme  Barton

Viduka

;)

Replace Viduka with Martins and I too will jizz ...

did we agree to sign edmilson in january? or did that not happen? is it just what people want?

Seem to remember SSN saying we'd sorted an arrangement for January, but then again they always talk utter bollocks.

Riquelme is the sort of player who would need a side built around him imo, and with the versatility in our squad and lack of a player to dictate the game anyway this could be feasible. Trying to shoehorn him in somewhere is a disaster waiting to happen iyam.

looks like Riquelme was going to be back off to Boca but FIFA have blocked an early move, this deal look as if it was 100% on, so if we are after him we need to get in there now and agree a pre-contract.

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=492335

FIFA Reject Boca's Riquelme Request  Boca Juniors have failed in their bid for special dispensation to sign Juan Román Riquelme in time for him to play in the FIFA Club World Cup next month.

FIFA Reject Boca's Riquelme Request

zoom - galleria

The Xeneizes outfit wanted to register the midfielder with world football's governing body and had hoped to be allowed to sign before the start of the winter transfer window.

FIFA have rejected that request, but Boca have not given up and have sent a delegation to Zurich to make a new case and have given a squad list for the tournament with a player less and the number ten shirt vacant.

While the Argentinian club believe that a deal to sign Riquelme could be reached by next Monday, the player himself may hold up any move.

The 29-year-old claims that he will not be going anywhere unless Villarreal owe him €6m and he has now compounded his differences with the club by stating that he wants more.

Riquelme has added the €3m that he would be paid if he were to see out his contract at El Madrigal, that runs until 2009.

Despite Boca's keen interest, several Italian clubs have also made enquiries and Argentina may not be his next port of call if a better offer comes from Serie A.

Allardyce will want him to play in goal, and will slate him in the press then ask him toplay out of position.

Can you see a player like him watching the Pompey, Mackem and Red s**** games, seeing Allardyce, and thinking "yes, THAT'S the man i want to work for".

:lol: well when yuo put it like that..

SSN have just said that he is now on his way to Boca after the deal has just been cleared.

:(

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=soc-arg/news/cbn4114565.htm

Riquelme to be sold to Boca Juniors by Villarreal

Madrid, Spain (Sports Network) - Villarreal has reached an agreement with Argentina midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme on Monday that will allow him to join Argentine club Boca Juniors.

Villarreal directors Jose Manuel Llaneza and Miguel Perez are expected to meet with Boca Juniors in Buenos Aires on Wednesday in order to complete the transfer.

The 29-year-old Riquelme had a falling out with Villarreal and manager Manuel Pellegrini midway through last season, and he was loaned out to his former club, Boca Juniors, for the remainder of the season.

Riquelme led Boca to the Libertadores Cup during his stay, but he returned to Villarreal after his loan spell was over. After a proposed transfer to Atletico Madrid fell through in August, the midfielder decided to sit out until he could be moved somewhere else.

Despite not playing any club soccer, Riquelme has been in impressive form for Argentina in World Cup qualifying. He has scored four goals in four games for his country, which is currently in second place, one point behind Paraguay.

Boca has been attempting to bring Riquelme back for some time, but because of his high salary and contract with Villarreal, that task has proved difficult until now.

Even without Riquelme in the midfield, Villarreal has gotten off to a good start in La Liga play, winning nine of its first 13 games and sitting just one point behind league-leaders Real Madrid.

Never had a chance in hell of getting him, but still upset at the news.