Nobby Solano

Mr. Snrub

Quite a few people seemed content when we sold him. He wanted to go, but I for one wasn't happy to see him leave. You can't rely on him to play 90 mins every week at his age, but as a player well respected on and off the pitch and someone to bridge the gap between old order and new, he'd have been good to have around. Not to mention more technically gifted than anyone in our squad. With Barton on the right wing today and the total lack of creativity we've witnessed this season I think it's fair to say we're missing Solano.

wasn't fussued when he left, still not.doubt he would have coped with jones today anyway.

The fact we haven't replaced Solano is a problem specially on the right side...

There's no doubting his technical quality. I didn't really support either of his departures, albeit Sam had no choice anyway.

That said, he's getting on and West Ham have the hassle of his Peruvian trips. Maybe we've sold him a year too early but it's not like his sale will hinder us in the long term.

Guest optimistic nit

Quite a few people seemed content when we sold him. He wanted to go, but I for one wasn't happy to see him leave. You can't rely on him to play 90 mins every week at his age, but as a player well respected on and off the pitch and someone to bridge the gap between old order and new, he'd have been good to have around. Not to mention more technically gifted than anyone in our squad. With Barton on the right wing today and the total lack of creativity we've witnessed this season I think it's fair to say we're missing Solano.

tbh he's done enough for the club to deserve to have his wishes respected, and he wanted to go to london, so we were obliged to say yes after everything he's done for the club.

As with the Bellamy sale, it wouldnt really matter if we had bothered to get an actual replacement.

Beye already looks a far better right back that Nobby, so as a right back he shouldnt be missed, but we do need to sign someone with creative and technical abilities, either as a right winger or an attacking midfielder.

he played in central midfield under souness for 2 or 3 games and didn't look too good. problem isnt so much that we've sold him but that we've failed to replace him, same goes for dyer. we do miss some outright pace from deep, as well as vision from the same area.

My heart sinks everytime i see solano playing for such a scummy team..

We need a nobby-type player in our ranks now, his passes are immaculate and his play from set pieces is sorely missed. One of the most underrated players i've come to witness (not on here obviously but overall).

Its very sad but it is what he wanted, it was not the club telling him he would be sold, he did not want to leave us too but sadly his antics came back and bit him, he could not keep his cock in his kegs so his wife left him and took his kids down south.

Gutted but its done and dusted!!

wasn't fussued when he left, still not.doubt he would have coped with jones today anyway.

The fact we haven't replaced Solano is a problem specially on the right side...

what makes you think allardyce would play him on the right. centre half or keeper in sam's eyes.