Sir Bobby on his way out of football

Dave

Had an 'exclusive' interview earlier on Sky Sports News. Saying that this Saturday's Ireland game will probably be his last involvement in football as his health has deteriorated to the point where he can't really get out there on the pitch any more.

Still got the twinkle in his eye, but he's looking old now. :(

Dreading the day tbh. :undecided:

Ah a real, real shame.

You always wished for Shearer to win something with Newcastle. But strangely, looking back, i think i wished it more for Sir Bobby - it would have been fabulous for him to bring a trophy to us, and nothing more than he'd deserved. A real hero for me. I hope he still gives his two-penneth every so often, because even now, his interviews on various footballing matters are more interesting than most.

Guest Sniffer

I have no problem with Robson. I wish him good health.

He did a good job when he was here for the most part. But he was way past his sell by date when he came and did not consider us as either a player or a manager until he was on the downslide. Facts.

Get over the myth.

He did a good job when he was here for the most part. But he was way past his sell by date when he came and did not consider us as either a player or a manager until he was on the downslide. Facts.

Get over the myth.

That's because we were in the shits before his arrival. He didn't have to come, remember? No one fucking forced him to. Yet he did come, we did get better and he did revive the club. He wasn't on the 'downslide' - I suppose you mean to say 'downside' but you never know with you. If he was, why was he nearly offered the England job whilst in charge of us? Just because he was old doesn't mean that he lost it - Fergie will confirm this view. End of.

He's a legend and like Wullie, every time I see a thread about him I fear the worst.

Well I really like Robson and the side he produce again and again starting Italia 90. The best England team in my genration. I thank him to bring back our pride here at Newcastle as well. A true legend I hope the current managment team do something to appreciate his role.

Get over the myth.

That's because we were in the shits before his arrival. He didn't have to come, remember? No one fucking forced him to. Yet he did come, we did get better and he did revive the club. He wasn't on the 'downslide' - I suppose you mean to say 'downside' but you never know with you. If he was, why was he nearly offered the England job whilst in charge of us? Just because he was old doesn't mean that he lost it - Fergie will confirm this view. End of.

He's a legend and like Wullie, every time I see a thread about him I fear the worst.

:clap: Nicely said