Would you trust Allardyce with Ashley's money?

stozo

Very concerned not just by the sides performances but by performance of allardyce's signings.

Smith - Least said about him the better, certainly not a midfielder

Barton - Definetly not hit the heights so far, although you could excuse injury to an extent

Viduka - Seems very injury prone and has been inconsistant at best

Geremi - Has been nowhere near as good as he was in preseason

Rozehnal - Looks decent enough, not been amazing though.

Cacapa - Looks cool with the ball but seems to be outmuscled a lot, see Ashton goal and the Portsmouth incident.

Beye - Much of a muchness. Hasn't played a lot lately, was poor against Man City though, got ripped apart by Petrov. 

Faye - Best signing by far. Looks a real good defender.

So far I'd only consider 2 or 3 of his buys to have been successes and I'd be very nervous giving him big money in January.

Very concerned not just by the sides performances but by performance of allardyce's signings.

Smith - Least said about him the better, certainly not a midfielder

Barton - Definetly not hit the heights so far, although you could excuse injury to an extent

Viduka - Seems very injury prone and has been inconsistant at best

Geremi - Has been nowhere near as good as he was in preseason

Rozehnal - Looks decent enough, not been amazing though.

Cacapa - Looks cool with the ball but seems to be outmuscled a lot, see Ashton goal and the Portsmouth incident.

Beye - Much of a muchness. Hasn't played a lot lately, was poor against Man City though, got ripped apart by Petrov. 

Faye - Best signing by far. Looks a real good defender.

So far I'd only consider 2 or 3 of his buys to have been successes and I'd be very nervous giving him big money in January.

What about Enrique?

Guest sittingontheball

Personally I'm more worried about the tactics than the players. I did think Smith was a waste of money at the time though.

Completely, Sam has signed some great players and will given money.

Apparently its motivating them and using them in the right positions and formations to playing like they should or can thats the problem.

We desperatley need a playmaker or two and a pacey winger Im confident we will get at least half of my order in january.

yes, well..as I've said before... he done quite considering he didn't have much money to spend (compared to west ham and man city)

Some of you guys are some impatient...I'm shocked.. again, if you want success you need to be patient. The squad, in genera,l is below average.. nuff said..

Instant success, is just instant..

Ashley needs to give him big money in jan, if not he needs to sack him now as only big money can turn this around.

We could have £50m or £5m in January, there wouldn't be any vast improvements to the squad. It just doesn't happen in the middle of the season.

The thing I like about Ashley is that because he's been standing with the fans this season, he'll know all about our frustrations and so hopefully will be more desperate to put things right.

This January will be incredibly important in my opinion, Ashley and Mort will have to make some big money decisions but what we mustn't even think about is letting sam go, that would be an absolute disaster and we'd be back to square one.

I trust Sam 100%, he'll just have to spend a little bigger in Jan if he does get the right funds.

NO

Its a case of if he is thinking of sacking him then do it now before the window and give a new manager a little time to get used to the squad and to get an idea of what he needs to strengthen our squad and get rid of those who are not good enough..

Ashley needs to give him big money in jan, if not he needs to sack him now as only big money can turn this around.

I have to agree with this. It's no shock that some of the teams running away from us have invested heavily in their team, and then there's us, with a rather modest investment given our apparently super rich owner. Is it really then fair to compare him (us) to the likes of Sven and Man City?

Although Sam's made some bizarre decisions in his time here, I still have enough faith in him to sort us out on the long-term. But then my expectations were somewhat more realistic than others, who seemed to just pick up from where they left off last season and demand European football as a bare minimum.

I have to agree with this.  It's no shock that some of the teams run away from us have invested heavily in their team, and then there's us, with a rather modest investment given our apparently super rich owner.  Is it really then fair to compare him (us) to the likes of Sven and Man City?

Although Sam's made some bizarre decisions in his time here, I still have enough faith in him to sort us out on the long-term.  But then my expectations were somewhat more realistic than others, who seemed to just pick up from where they left off last season and demand European football as a bare minimum.

Thanks, i couldn't write it.

Spot on. :thup:

I have to agree with this.  It's no shock that some of the teams run away from us have invested heavily in their team, and then there's us, with a rather modest investment given our apparently super rich owner.  Is it really then fair to compare him (us) to the likes of Sven and Man City?

Although Sam's made some bizarre decisions in his time here, I still have enough faith in him to sort us out on the long-term.  But then my expectations were somewhat more realistic than others, who seemed to just pick up from where they left off last season and demand European football as a bare minimum.

SA spend what? £25m, but recouped about £17m iirc, so really, he wasn't backed in the market and its showing. He bought the basics, now he needs another £20m to puff out the squad and bring in the creativity we need. It now needs doing this winter window though, i thought we could hold on until the summer, but the fans have turned, and the club needs to bring things back on side, or it will only get worse, and inevitably SA will be sacked (if the reaction of todays lot is anything to go by).

But on that note, he only has himself to blame. He has wasted money on the likes of Smith, and has made some fuking mental selections and decisions. Bringing on Carr (like someone said in the match thread, its two fingers to the crowd from SA) is him telling us to fuk off, it really is, there really is no other way to interpretate such a move when we were playing so badly.

I still have faith in him, much better maanger than the last two, but has made daft decisions that most people if not all think WTF are you doing man? Its a fine way to fall from grace at this club, we don't take stupidity lightly unless its something we didn't quite see, didn't quite get, and need telling about, but it really hasn't been the case with him, he's shown us nothing that the average fan doesn't know (if you get what am saying) i would love to hear what he's been thinking in todays team selection & subs, but i doubt he even knows, that loses my support, and drops my faith level in him a lot.

If you're expecting major investment, that's worth it (which is unlikely given the time of year, with inflation increasing even moreso*), then i anticipate you'll be disappointed.

*IE being forced to go as far as £15m for SWP, hypothetically.

I have no faith in Sam, I did'nt want him here in the first place, yes he did well with Bolton but only playing a certain way, he came here thinking he would try another style of play and its starting to show that he has not got  a clue how to make it work.

The Bolton style of play will keep a team up in the prem but it will not win anything.

I know I know all this about clubs being to quick to sack managers and shit but is this really going to work out for us, do you really see Sam turning it around? We are no better at all then we were under Souness and Roeder and we DO have a much better squad now too, I do not see money fixing this no mater how much he is given.

After today Ashley has good reason to get rid of him, I cannot see him ignoring those chants ot was just to dam loud and clear to be ignored.

I think two games time and we get 0 points from those games he will be out the door.

I'm pretty much happy with the team, injuries aside. What I cant work out is why we dont even have a go at teams, I dont expect to be better than everyone, just to have a go ffs

That's what I was thinking today. Under SBR, we'd probably have been just as flaky at the back, but we'd be asking their defence questions as well. We did not play like the home team today, and not for the first time.

A lot of people are criticising Sam for chopping and changing all the time, yet want the club to exactly that with the manager, somewhat ironic perhaps.

You're right to criticise the constant chopping and changing, we're not one of the big 4, we don't have the squad to choose from. So the position we're in is that the team, whoever that consists of, needs games together to get used to playing as a unit, regardless of the results. Sam needs to pick what he thinks is his best team and give it time to work.

The same applies to the club with regard to the manager.

Both parties need to stop worrying about what the fans want and show the backbone to do what they think is right.

A lot of people are criticising Sam for chopping and changing all the time, yet want the club to exactly that with the manager, somewhat ironic perhaps.

You're right to criticise the constant chopping and changing, we're not one of the big 4, we don't have the squad to choose from. So the position we're in is that the team, whoever that consists of, needs games together to get used to playing as a unit, regardless of the results. Sam needs to pick what he thinks is his best team and give it time to work.

Both parties need to stop worrying about what the fans want and show the backbone to do what they think is right.

Good post, mate! :thup:

The irony is that somebody who needs stability doesn't understand the meaning of the word and is creating his own problems because of it.  Allardyce doesn't look like he's capable of doing anything here, I'd give him a creative player or two then tell him to get on with it. 

Allardyce looks more like the wrong manager every game, why should that be allowed to go on?  He's not showing any sign as yet of being able to do anything about our current state other than making it worse.

The irony is that somebody who needs stability doesn't understand the meaning of the word and is creating his own problems because of it.  Allardyce doesn't look like he's capable of doing anything here, I'd give him a creative player or two then tell him to get on with it. 

Allardyce looks more like the wrong manager every game, why should that be allowed to go on?  He's not showing any sign as yet of being able to do anything about our current state other than making it worse.

All of that is true, but the real question is: why?

We've seen what he can do, at Bolton, why is he behaving so strangely here?

If we can't figure out why good managers - and we have had some! - continually fail here, then we're fucked for all eternity.

All of that is true, but the real question is: why?

We've seen what he can do, at Bolton, why is he behaving so strangely here?

If we can't figure out why good managers - and we have had some! - continually fail here, then we're f***** for all eternity.

Did Allardyce get Bolton relegated?

Who are the good managers who have failed?  And, why did they fail?