Nail your colours to the mast: Sack or No Sack?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but who are those 2 utter twats shouting "you dont know what your doing" at Sam yesterday. Just seen it on goals on Sunday and I felt like wishing the ground would swallow me up I was so embarrased.

What a set of fans we are !

Out of every Newcastle supporter.

Taking Charlie off and putting Milner on was an insult to every single supporter who could see that Milner was needed to bring width to the opposite flank.

Was this Allardyce giving a two finger salute to his own sides support?

I think so and the sooner he goes now the better. I actually said to my mate I hope the scousers get 6 or 7 to complete the job and put massive pressure on Ashley to react.

What support ?

Taking N'Zogbia off left 3 central midfielders and a right-sided one. The right-sided one then played on the left. N'Zogbia was poor yesterday but I put that down to the formation as much as anything and everyone, just about, was poor in any case. When Allardyce did change things to a more conventional 4-4-2 he didn't give N'Zogbia enough of a chance to make an impact in his favoured position imo. Taking the young un off was the 'easy option' though rather than biting the bullet and replacing one of the central midfielders.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but who are those 2 utter twats shouting "you dont know what your doing" at Sam yesterday. Just seen it on goals on Sunday and I felt like wishing the ground would swallow me up I was so embarrased.

What a set of fans we are !

Were you at the match?

There was a good few thousand singing You Don't Know What You're Doing.

And he doesn't on the last three games' evidence.

Shocking performances.

I wasnt and I know there were thousands singing it but sadly when Sky captures images like that, it just highlights even more how poor we seem to be at supporting our team when the times are bad.

Yes, the last 3 games have been very very bad but when we expect the team to stand tall and fight things out on the pitch, the fans give the impression that we have given up already.

I think since Bobby Robson was sacked we've had teams that have underperformed.  We've rarely had a team that has over produced on the field for more than a few minutes.  You can look at most teams and at some stage they'll have performed as well as or better than expected.

I think our club is a good club to manage for the right person, we've proven that with Keegan and Robson, we've also proven that the wrong manager will not get it right in the time given to him, I also think that it's up to the manager regarding how long he gets because the fans will stick with a manager if they believe in him.  To believe in a manager we need to see something in him that tells us things are going to get better, no matter how bad they are now.  If I could see something in Allardyce that suggested that we were developing as a team and moving forward then I’d support him totally, no matter what he was doing at the time.  For instance, if he had decided that kids were the way forward and was going with them then I’d back him.  If he was playing a first 11 that was developing an understanding as a team, I’d back him.  If he’d just arrived and was working with someone else’s players, I’d back him.  If we were playing good football but struggling for consistency, I’d back him but we’re doing none of that.  The problems are almost the same every week and going on about the same things is becoming boring but it's got to be said.

As the crowd correctly let him know yesterday, he doesn’t know what he’s doing and while a manager fumbles from one cock-up to the next he’s not getting my backing.  I can’t back a manager who I have no faith in and I find it hard to understand these people who think a man who has offered nothing should be given longer than this season without him showing anything.  Allardyce says he needs 5 years, if he wants that 5 years then he’s got to be prepared to show us why we should invest that length of time in him, he can’t ask for blind faith and up to now, that’s all he’s given us to judge him on.

If Allardyce went tomorrow who could we hope to attract to the club that would be better than sticking with Allardyce?  If we waited until the summer would we have a better chance of attracting somebody to take the club forwards?

The fans singing it were utter pricks imo. Congrats on making us a laughing stock. The Liverpool fans normally have a few witty ditties when they're doing well but we did the work for them yesterday. The performance on the pitch was shite, obviously but that's besides the point. Rarely have I been so embarrassed at SJP.

I wasnt and I know there were thousands singing it but sadly when Sky captures images like that, it just highlights even more how poor we seem to be at supporting our team when the times are bad.

Yes, the last 3 games have been very very bad but when we expect the team to stand tall and fight things out on the pitch, the fans give the impression that we have given up already.

Frustration builds in the supporters and I think it's understandable no matter how bad it looks, most reporters seemed to understand that, even if they are just looking to stir shit at times.

The fans singing it were utter pricks imo. Congrats on making us a laughing stock. The Liverpool fans normally have a few witty ditties when they're doing well but we did the work for them yesterday. The performance on the pitch was s****, obviously but that's besides the point. Rarely have I been so embarrassed at SJP.

I wasn't one of the singers, but I totally agree with them. They have their right to show their frustration and yesterday Sam deserved everything that was thrown at him.

Yeah, they've got a right to express their opinions. That doesn't alter my view about them however.

If Allardyce went tomorrow who could we hope to attract to the club that would be better than sticking with Allardyce?  If we waited until the summer would we have a better chance of attracting somebody to take the club forwards?

We're seen, and some if its justified, as being a complete laughing stock of a club, we'll have to hold onto him for now in A) the belief he'll either see the light or what he's 'trying' to do works but mainly B) i'd hate to see who we'd be able to entice to come to manage us.

The fans singing it were utter pricks imo. Congrats on making us a laughing stock. The Liverpool fans normally have a few witty ditties when they're doing well but we did the work for them yesterday. The performance on the pitch was s****, obviously but that's besides the point. Rarely have I been so embarrassed at SJP.

I've been embarrassed by our fans three times that I can think of, once when some mong thought it would be funny to throw a petrol bomb into the away supporters, the other was a team which were about to finish 5th in the league walking around a St James' which was half empty, the other was the team that finished 14th being cheered around an almost full St James'.

I don't agree about us becoming a laughing stock because of the crowd reaction yesterday but I guess I'll find out on Tuesday when I'm down South.

Man City are proving that a manager with genuine capability, ambition and tactical nous can work wonders even when he hasn't had a great deal of time.

then again he spent a wad of cash in the summer. also, and i admit to not having seen citeh more than just on tele but according to the press a few of their points have come from games where they haven't really performed. for citeh it may best be judged at the end of the season.

We've rarely hit the heights we did against Newcastle in terms of creating bucketfulls of chances. That game was the best we've played.  But in general we're looking after the ball and defending well. And its giving us a platform to be able to win games. And in most games we've capitalised. I know what you're saying in terms of judging at the end of the season cos theres no way we can expect to be able to win games consistently if we're relying on just nicking games or needing a goal of the month every week to do it - invariably there will come games we could win but couldnt hit a cows arse - such as the sitter Vassell missed on the telly at Portsmouth that would have had us above Manchester United right now - and they'll probably come along a lot more often as teams work us out more and more. Elano already gets 27 man markers in every game, its going to get harder and harder to win. But Sven's philosphy - signing good players, and getting them to keep possession of the ball - takes all the pressure of the defence, how well we do from that depends on just how good these players are and how many of them there are in the side. Its a simple idea and it doesn't take a great deal of time to implement. I also think its the best way of going about things, I've spent years banging my head against the wall as Richard Dunne humped it long to whatever shitbag was up front for us at the time when the week before seeing Chelsea or the Rags on the telly with the defenders just playing it simple into the feet of Scholes or some other cunt and creating bagfuls of chances. Allardyce has obviously had relative success at Bolton playing a different way - which as aside from being blatantly wrong, completely outdated, and easily countered - is also needlessly complicated in terms of needing certain players to work and being totally unsuitable for others. Its obviously failing spectacularly at the moment and I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Plain as day that he's not the right man IMO. He's taking you in completely the wrong direction - he basically needs to change his mindset completely to not only be sucessful but also earn a few brownie points with the crowd if it turns to shite. None of this no passsing no movement containment shite. And I don't think thats going to happen. Managers just dont change do they? Conclusion - Sack him. You can do better. I'm sure there must be someone out there who is actually as savvy as Sam thinks he is. :-X

We've already been down the road of looking for a new manager at the same time as England, that left us in limbo for months and we ended up with Roeder. Give him until the end of the season unless we either look like getting relegated or someone better looks interested in the job.

couldn't agree more on that point. yes, the performance was way below standard but I fail to see how 50,000 home fans booing and taking the piss out the manager and squad is going to improve things on the pitch.

even MOTD took the piss out of our lot booing Gerrard. he is an immense player, who had a shit game for a national side that many newcastle fans couldn't give a shit about. so our booing just fires him up to raise his game even higher. and guess who had the last laugh.

I was cringing in my seat at the attitude of the majority in the ground y'day. It's getting to the point where our crowd our behaving like a bunch of twats at a Big Brother exit show.

Taking N'Zogbia off left 3 central midfielders and a right-sided one. The right-sided one then played on the left. N'Zogbia was poor yesterday but I put that down to the formation as much as anything and everyone, just about, was poor in any case. When Allardyce did change things to a more conventional 4-4-2 he didn't give N'Zogbia enough of a chance to make an impact in his favoured position imo. Taking the young un off was the 'easy option' though rather than biting the bullet and replacing one of the central midfielders.

His selections at times are bit crazy. At Sunderland we play 442 & the two players many would class as our first choice fullbacks on the bench, next game they are playing CB in a 3 man defence.

As for the Carr substitution wtf.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

"even MOTD took the piss out of our lot booing Gerrard. he is an immense player, who had a shit game for a national side that many newcastle fans couldn't give a shit about. so our booing just fires him up to raise his game even higher. and guess who had the last laugh."

So booing opposition players 'fires them up', but booing our own players makes them wilt and make mistakes?

Says a lot about the type of player we have at SJP.

"even MOTD took the piss out of our lot booing Gerrard. he is an immense player, who had a s*** game for a national side that many newcastle fans couldn't give a s*** about. so our booing just fires him up to raise his game even higher. and guess who had the last laugh."

So booing opposition players 'fires them up', but booing our own players makes them wilt and make mistakes?

I can't recall an example of when the home fans booed a home player and his response was to up his game and suddenly deliver a blinding performance for the remainder of the match.

if you get booed by the home fans when you're away from home, then in many cases it will drive you to up your game. Especially if you possess the footballing talent of Mr S Gerrard.

and my issue with booing gerrard is the reason he was booed. He had a shitter for england, so fucking what ! it has nowt to do with a game in which NUFC are playing LFC.

these days the fans inside the ground are more arsed about where they can direct their negative abuse, rather than singing their hearts out and getting behind the side. it is like a fucking pantomime.

I can't agree with this.

Support is a 2 way thing. The fans had nothing to support. Absolutely nothing. I remember I cheer going up when Beye made that last ditch block and that was probably the highlight of the match.

If I was standing in the cold for nearly 2 hours and had to watch that shit from beginning to end I'd do the same.

The team has looked clueless over the past few weeks, absolutely clueless. The Liverpool fans probably expected some sort of football competition as well, I don't give a fuck what they do or think.

The performance was embarrassing. I wouldn't stand (or sit) there and watch Liverpool slice us open time after time, watch balls get pumped to Oba (not even Viduka ffs) I would tell Sam exactly what I thought. The only thing that has been consistent from Sam is defensive tactics which don't work, picking Alan Smith and an insistence on long balls.

Fuck that.

"even MOTD took the piss out of our lot booing Gerrard. he is an immense player, who had a s*** game for a national side that many newcastle fans couldn't give a s*** about. so our booing just fires him up to raise his game even higher. and guess who had the last laugh."

I can't recall an example of when the home fans booed a home player and his response was to up his game and suddenly deliver a blinding performance for the remainder of the match.

if you get booed by the home fans when you're away from home, then in many cases it will drive you to up your game. Especially if you possess the footballing talent of Mr S Gerrard.

and my issue with booing gerrard is the reason he was booed. He had a shitter for england, so f****** what ! it has nowt to do with a game in which NUFC are playing LFC.

these days the fans inside the ground are more arsed about where they can direct their negative abuse, rather than singing their hearts out and getting behind the side. it is like a f****** pantomime.

opposition players are often boo'ed,it's an attempt to put them off,sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't.

and my issue with booing gerrard is the reason he was booed. He had a shitter for england, so f****** what ! it has nowt to do with a game in which NUFC are playing LFC.

these days the fans inside the ground are more arsed about where they can direct their negative abuse, rather than singing their hearts out and getting behind the side. it is like a f****** pantomime.

couldnt agree more, 50,000 idiots, we dont deserve it

BS needs to take a long hard look at what he is doing.... and stop doing it.

He is single handly sapping the confidence out of the team and the supporters with his ridiculous tactics and formations.  He needs to admit to himself that what he has done so far hasn't worked.  If he does this and then changes his tactics and gets the players to play and enjoy their football again I think he will turn it round and I will continue to stick by him if he does this. 

If he continues with these formations and negative style footballl and continues to stiffle the creativity of the players we know we have, it will only get worse.  The next game will be very interesting and if he plays in the same way as yesterday then I don't think I will be able to continue to support him.

couldnt agree more, 50,000 idiots, we dont deserve it

as many others have said before me, I'd rather have 30,000 in the ground who have come to get behind the side than the current 50,000 where many seem to delight in ridiculing our staff and side.

and if we weren't getting 50,000 a week then maybe we could finally rid ourselves of the delusion that we are a "big" side and align our expections accordingly, therefore allowing us to rebuild the team in a positive environment rather than under the cloud of over-expectation and negativity that has followed us around for the last 10 years.....