Jose Enrique

Ally

He did have a poor second half.

But I stand by my comment, which was made at half time about his first half performance.

Considering he was playing out of position in the centre, and yet was trying to do all the wide left stuff defensively and offensively because N'Zogbia was back in 06/07 mode, and because of his hard work we were rarely troubled down his side of the pitch.

Yes he did misplace passes, but that was because N'Zogbia never wanted to have the ball given to him.

He wasn't outstanding in the Zambrotta sense, but he was outstanding taking into account of the situation he found himself in.

Thought he was one of our better players yesterday, playing in a completely unfamiliar role against one of the best sides in the league.

Must have been watching a different game to some, but he didn't do too much wrong - especially when compared to his colleagues.

Thought he was one of our better players yesterday, playing in a completely unfamiliar role against one of the best sides in the league.

Must have been watching a different game to some, but he didn't do too much wrong - especially when compared to his colleagues.

he defended quite well but gave the ball away a lot. even failing with easy passes.

he looks slow and doesnt look like he knows what to do witht the ball

There's never anybody to pass to when he gets the ball. We've got 2 strikers up top and 5 midfielders sat right in front of the back 4 with a 50 yard gap in between.

he defended quite well but gave the ball away a lot. even failing with easy passes.

Who didn't?

Literally every single player on our team couldn't pass it yesterday... bit of a coincidence.

Who didn't?

Literally every single player on our team couldn't pass it yesterday... bit of a coincidence.

finish the sentence man......he gave the ball away when passing to an unmarked team mate 5 yards away and was more wayward than the rest. it always stands out more when you give the ball away so close to your own goal.

Once again we're judging players far too early. The lad's come from a league massively different in style to ours; not to mention the fact that he's barely had a run of games in the team as of yet, let alone in a stable position.

You simply can't accurately rule a player "shite" or a "waste of money" after so few games. Especially when he's looked neither of the two anyway.

Hard to actually blame any of the players yesterday as they were clearly confused by our 'formation' and didn't have a clue what they were supposed to be doing. I think Allardyce was trying to be clever by matching their 5 in midfield but when you play that the wide men and absolutely crucial and Geremi simply cannot play as a rwb. He hasn't got the legs to bomb up and down. Not singling him out though. Allardyce actually could have employed the same XI players in a 4-4-2 and we'd have been better off.

Aye, lets blame it on the kid, three months into his first season playing in a foreign country.

How many seasons have Butt, Smith and Geremi racked up?

No one is blaming him, not even me. I just think he's been poor so far.

Not his best game, and faded quite badly in the last third of the 90mins, but I've been happy enough with him so far tbh. Needs a run of games to adapt.

Think that is fair comment. A don't think hes had a "terrible" game for us yet. In fact i thought he was excellent against Everton.

I did finish the sentence, man :razz:

N'Zogbia, Martins, Rozehnal, Emre and Smith were surely all guilty of the same yesterday?

I can only remember two occasions where Enrique did that.

Exactly, and on one of those occassions, Enrique stopped, trapped the ball, pointed to N'Zogbia where he was going to kick it, kicked it where he pointed, only for N'Zogbia to run in completely the wrong direction after the ball had been kicked.