Setanta Sports News

Skirge

I suppose once SSN go's off on freeview then its all us non sky customers will have.

:D

Aye if they make a good job of it they'll have much mroe viewers.  One hell of alot more people have freeview or virgin than sky.  Plus when they turn off the analogue system theyll have even more.  Sky could have screwed up here but no doubt Setanta Sports News will be gash.

Starts properly tomorrow at 10am, but you can get it now if you try. Bet it's shit. They've got a lass from Madrid TV presenting.

Well,  you get a 20 second promo for it on repeat,  anyway...

Will be interesting to see what its like tommorow :thup:

They've got a lass from Madrid TV presenting

Alison Bender? She has done the rounds, started off on the shopping channels, then Chelsea Tv, then Real Madrid Tv, then SSN & Setanta Sports..........thats if it is her like, it will be.

Something White.

Starts properly tomorrow at 10am, but you can get it now if you try. Bet it's shit. They've got a lass from Madrid TV presenting.

Nah, it's been testing for a while now on a hidden channel.

Thats what i'm watching :p

Thats what i'm watching :p

Ah right, apologies.

I suppose once SSN go's off on freeview then its all us non sky customers will have.

:D

Didn't realise it was going off Freeview.

I have Skysports but not SSN due to it being part of the Factual and Documentary bundle that i don't pay for and i struggle to get a picture on Freeview for it.

Setanta Sports news sounds good to me.

It'd sure be nice of Setanta to add some more content to it's North American channel.  Who doesn't love being advertised a channel that you've already purchased 20 times an hour?

No doubt. After paying $20 a month, I would like to have half time coverage of some sort on the weekend games, instead of that graphic for 15 minutes.

I actually switched to the Broadband service. I find it much better than the North American channel, and it's a tad cheaper than it is here in Canada. Only problem is that you can't seem to go full screen.

can't be hard to challange SSN. just repeat the headlines over and over and have a couple of regional reporters on hand to tell you something is happening behind closed doors and he'll bring it to you as soon as he finds out what.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:  NO MORE "I'M A FUCKING CELEBRITY"!!!!"

we have Virgin here, so no SSN, and the signal for freeview in my bedroom is shite, so I can't get it there.  This is a blessing!

It's the same with my freeview box and sometimes channels go missing. Just try everytime this happens just to tune all your programmes in again. Seems to work for me  :thup:

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Best thing for Setanta to do would be to conecentrate more on other sports other than just having football constantly on the go.  They could also involve more than just two people sitting reading news, how about having the odd program like the sunday supplement on sky where they actually get people to talk bout sport.

Best thing for Setanta to do would be to conecentrate more on other sports other than just having football constantly on the go.  They could also involve more than just two people sitting reading news, how about having the odd program like the sunday supplement on sky where they actually get people to talk bout sport.

Agree with that.

I'd much rather Setanta had some/a lot more reports/news on sports such as Basketball, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Skiing, winters sports etc etc rather than just looping the exact same hourly news of which 40mins is football, all day long.

Apparently Setanta and ITV are in talks for Setanta Sports News to take over the ITV2+1 slot on freeview.

I doubt it, what with the News Corp links.

Concurred.

I watched it this morning, wasn't overly impressed, they seemed to just get everything wrong.

I'll continue watching though, it may just be nerves for the first day on air properly and the whole format may improve after time.