Bez tells it how it is

NSG

From the Ronny

JOHN BERESFORD feels Charles N’Zogbia sums up everything that is wrong with the current Newcastle United side.

The former United full-back loved to link up with some of the best wingers in football during his time on Tyneside after turning on the style alongside the likes of David Ginola, Scott Sellars and Keith Gillespie.

Frenchman N’Zogbia has become a fans’ favourite, and has been one of the brightest stars this season.

But by frequently playing him at left-back, Bez feels Sam Allardyce isn’t getting the best out of his young wide man.

And he feels by turning back the clock and utilising the wingers at his disposal, Big Sam can drag United out of danger.

He told the Chronicle: “It’s only my personal opinion, but what is wrong with simply playing a 4-4-2 system and getting the wingers into the game?

“We have players like Michael Owen and Mark Viduka who will score if you get the ball into the box.

“But it’s not happening. For me, the best example is Charles N’Zogbia.

“The lad’s head seems to have gone. No disrespect to him, but he has been fielded left wing-back, left-back, left midfield and wide right!

“He must be confused.

“He’s a left winger – give him the ball down the left and tell him to cross it like we know he can and don’t over-complicate it.

“Chopping and changing isn’t going to get the best out of him.”

Meanwhile, Bez feels Damien Duff and James Milner can still help excite the Geordie nation.

He added: “Damien and James are quality players, just like N’Zogbia on his day.

“If you create crosses you score goals and these players have made a career from it.

“But when you are playing Alan Smith wide on the right or in the holding position it will go wrong.

“Smithy will work hard, but he is a centre-forward.

“He can play elsewhere to help out, but he should be in his natural position if we are to get anywhere.”

BERESFORD IN!!! :D

It's shocking really how EVERYONE seems to be able to see it apart from Sam.

How come it is like this with some managers? Every fan and pundit can see something, but the manager just can't? So frustrating!

Shit thing is, i thought those days were behind us when we got sam in.

Zoggy's played his best football at left-back this season in case anyone is interest in that.

Maybe but the positives in his play from left back have been when he's been pushing on, not actually his defending.

How come it is like this with some managers? Every fan and pundit can see something, but the manager just can't? So frustrating!

is big sam over-thinking it?  and then rationalising his cumbersome gameplan?  e.g.  zoggy plays left back for his country etc...

Zoggy's played his best football at left-back this season in case anyone is interest in that.

Nzogbia IMO has been at his best under big sam what ever position he has played, Seems everyones knocking big sam after a few poor results/decisions. Lets not forget its only 3-4 games since we were all talking about our best start to the season for 15(?) years.

is big sam over-thinking it?  and then rationalising his cumbersome gameplan?  e.g.  zoggy plays left back for his country etc...

I think so, he over-analyses the opposition and allows that to effect our game. Whereas we should go in trying to play to our strengths first and then try to stifle the opposition from there. But he seems keen to do the opposite.

I think he's stoned when making team decisions.

Its the only answer imo.

Nzogbia IMO has been at his best under big sam what ever position he has played, Seems everyones knocking big sam after a few poor results/decisions. Lets not forget its only 3-4 games since we were all talking about our best start to the season for 15(?) years.

I think you are remembering N'Zog towards the end of Roeder's reign and not before

I'd agree with that.

However that's largely irrelevant if it is jeopardising the team's well-being. Having N'Zogbia at left-back means that we've got someone like Milner or Emre on the left, with Smith or Geremi or even bloody Barton down the right, and it doesn't work. N'Zogbia's a left-winger, Milner's a right-winger. Play them there. Spot on, Bez.

Who exactly is being played out of position? In my book it is Zog and Smith. Now Zog's posisitoning makes no sense to me whatsoever, a blind person can tell ya that he's not the right personto play there, which leds us onto Enriques role into the side....is it a case of him not being good enough, fit enough, or just not intergrated and adapted to the english way of football and life, either way zog is being hindered by his lack of involvement. Maybe its because Zog gives the ball away a stupid amount of time. Putting him in defence may teach him to give the ball away a little less, making him a more effective winger. I remember seeing JCole scoring from 20 yards out and mourihno shouting him over and literally giving him a bollocking seconds after him scoring. Now the point i am trying to make, is that the top managers dont really look into too much detail the good things you do, because its wasted time they already know you can do it good, they have to look at the bad things hie does, cos its these things that effect the team most, and in coles situation, he was gettin a bolocking for losing the ball to often, and in my opiion its the saem for Zog. While he goeson his run, a good percentage of the time he'll cut inside and lose the ball, now it might (or might not) be a case of SA giving him more responsibilty and forcing him to learn the hard way that giving the ball away isnt an option.

As for smith, there is some merit in why he isnt being played in his correct position, and i think it has much to do with the Acrifican nations cup, we know that Smith is naturally a forward, but is resonably adept at plaing in midfield, one of the best managers in the world seems to think so and so does SA, when the likes of Geremi goes, Smith can fit into that slot, of right midfielder or central midfielder. Barton isnt exactly 100% fit at the moment, he also would be able to replace Martins and also Butt, it would be silly to not play smith then stick him in the deep end come january where he wont perform, the same can be said if he's playing up front come january then moved into midfield once the squad becomes thin. So the best thing to do is to compromise and play in him midfield.

The thing about football management is that nearly evdery decison that i football manager makes can be justified with one way or another.

Sam is a fat twat!

/

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5544/bezhappymondaysabpaxm2.jpg

That looks like a cross between Bez and Peasepud.

s*** thing is, i thought those days were behind us when we got sam in.

There have been times with everyone of our managers where they seem to be the only one not seeing what everyone else does, that includes Keegan and SBR. I am pretty sure it is the same with every other club manager, Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho. All of them make decisions that utterly baffle most fans.

zoggy wide left, milner wide right - it is the only way to turn this s*** around

I think you're missing the main point that they're both as crap as eachother!

Even when they have played in those positions, they have been piss poor without any quality deliveries apart from the odd one but certainly not consistent enough to really turn games.

They should be shipped out in January and get someone decent in that can actually be effective.