IF the Axe falls...........

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Before I get stick here, I must say that I'm in the 'give Sam time/we need continuity' camp. 100%.

I think sacking him now would be crazy and people should appreciate the work needed from top to bottom in the club.

That said..............I am however interested in people's views on the type of Manager we should go for next should Big Sam get the chop.

Mainly because I'm really not convinced Shearer is the answer and he appears to be the only man linked to the job and the club may feel it's a move they need to get out of their system and/or it's what all of the fans want.

Voting rules;

1) You can only vote for one option.

2) You can change your vote as often as you wish.

3) The results can only be seen when you have participated.

ALSO - Please do not take the examples given in the vote as the actual people you would like to see appointed they are merely people who I thought represented a 'managerial type'.

Thanks

Guest DazzaNufc1892

shearer is a cancer, i dont want him back close to this club ever again.

would love us to go to somebody like houllier and get him. But to be honest, following the chris mort/mike ashley way, i think they would ask the season ticket holders for there vote, and we would end up with a keegan shearer combo!

on the outrageous claims tho, mourinho plz

realistically, houllier or jol it would be

would hate jol

would love us to go to somebody like houllier and get him. But to be honest, following the chris mort/mike ashley way, i think they would ask the season ticket holders for there vote, and we would end up with a keegan shearer combo!

would hate jol

If the last chairman had of adopted the Chris Mort/Mike Ashley way as you put it, we wouldn't have had Souness or Roeder and in all probability wouldn't be posting in this thread now.

would hate jol

If the last chairman had of adopted the Chris Mort/Mike Ashley way as you put it, we wouldn't have had Souness or Roeder and in all probability wouldn't be posting in this thread now.

Tbh would the majority of season ticket holders actually say they want Shearer as manager? Surely most wouldnt want us to take such a big gamble even if it was for Shearer.

Tbh would the majority of season ticket holders actually say they want Shearer as manager? Surely most wouldnt want us to take such a big gamble even if it was for Shearer.

I doubt it but I think a lot of people think that Shearer will always be in the background and hanging over a managers head until he eventually takes over.  I think some would take him just to get the spectre of Shearer out of the way, even if it means another failure, sadly.

I actually think we could land Cappello, he seems to want to prove himself in England.

Urgh, comming down with a touch of the "James"...

I agree with that. He aint gonna get a job at a big team anytime soon so if offered i would expect him to take it or atleast take it serious.

A lot are going for the fashionable foreigner but again who is to say they won't fail? Not long ago people were talking about Paul Le Guen being right up there and were shocked he ended up at Rangers.

A lot are going for the fashionable foreigner but again who is to say they won't fail? Not long ago people were talking about Paul Le Guen being right up there and were shocked he ended up at Rangers.

...and being total shite when he got to Ibrox as well.

Guest optimistic nit

that risk is there for all the options though. the top 4 all have fasionable foreigners, and citeh, the only team atm with a realistic hope of joining them also do. the only reason to sack sam would be to appoint someone to get us into the top 4, and i think that would have to be a fasionable foreigner. option 1 is just allardyce, and i think he's one of the best of that type. option 2 wouldn't get us into the CL within 3 years, option 3 could pay dividends, but is more risky than 4 and option 5 is good, but i think atm the managers without PL experience are better than those with (e.g. capello is better than benetez)

Guest David Kelly

Shearer is the only option for me.  Not because he's the best man for the job or because I believe he can do another Keegan (although that would be my hope) but because;

a.  If we sacked Allardyce now we couldn't get anyone else decent.

b.  Most importantly, he is the only one who will get the support of the idiots who boo if we aren't winning by half time for more than five games.