Joey Barton on Inside Sport, BBC1 at 11.20pm

Robster

Really enjoyed hearing him speak.

He really does come across an incredibley troubled lad, i have a horrible feeling it's a matter of time before something else happens with him. I also feel he may go to jail.

Sometimes decent people have a hot temper or conflicted views about "the right thing to do" in troubled situations. He someone who definately needs some severe counciling.

Aye. I would have liked to have heard a little bit more about his football and living and playing in Newcastle rather than the 'your brothers this, your cousin did this' s****.

Reminds me of that song i've heard once or twice at games. The one that goes something like "me brothers in borstal,me mams got the pox,

me sisters a hooker at hartlepool docks. :laugh2:

Aye. I would have liked to have heard a little bit more about his football and living and playing in Newcastle rather than the 'your brothers this, your cousin did this' s****.

Reminds me of that song i've heard once or twice at games. The one that goes something like "me brothers in borstal,me mams got the pox,

me sisters a hooker at hartlepool docks. :laugh2:

you mean

me brothers in borstal

me sisters got pox

me mothers a whore down on hartlepool docks

me uncles got rabies

me aunties gone mad

and jack the rippers me dad.................laaaaaa laaaa laaaaa lalalalalalalala

(they just don't write'em like that anymore)

I heard that Dabo kicked off with Barton about something and he got a good hiding for his troubles, then went crying to the papers.

Now, i'm not saying it's true. I'm just saying that's what i've heard.

I notice that none of the other players or coaches who were present have come out and spoken for Dabo or against Barton. The only person i have seen quoted on the situation is Dabo himself. Maybe it's just a case of hurt pride.

Thought Barton came across really well in the interview last night. He's obviously had a troubled upbringing but so many of the top footballers have. He dealt with the pointless questions about his family members very calmly and with a lot of intelligence, and i really think the BBC should be ashamed of themselves for pursuing that angle on what is supposed to be a sports related program. A very gutsy interview by a player that i hope has a big future here.

Guest optimistic nit

For someone who does so many stupid things, he acutally comes across as quite a bright lad.

he's always come across as quite bright imo, even when at citeh.

Guest taff2727

i thought gabby was pushing for scandal,shame on the BBC.

barton is a very troubled man indeed,i dont think he should have given that interview with his upcomming trial.

but maybe his legal advisors are playing games ???

Really enjoyed hearing him speak.

He really does come across an incredibley troubled lad, i have a horrible feeling it's a matter of time before something else happens with him. I also feel he may go to jail.

Sometimes decent people have a hot temper or conflicted views about "the right thing to do" in troubled situations. He someone who definately needs some severe counciling.

this sounds like a job for :::trumpet call:::::    roy masters!!!    www.fhu.com    :glasses13:

Guest taff2727

Given that he seems quite bright his actions are all the more worrying. Is trying to dare the jury to convict him with his "prison doesn't scare me " talk?

Troubled lad indeed

my thoughts exactly,

as an ex mental health patient, i can see all the familiars signs welling up inside him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Think he comes across well. Trouble will always follow him whether he likes it ir not. As an NUFC player we should get behind the lad

Guest mobiius

Think he comes across well. Trouble will always follow him whether he likes it ir not. As an NUFC player we should get behind the lad

Totally agree but that seems to be the trouble with us at the mo we only seem to get behind our team when we are winning. as soon as a few results go bad it lets head for the exits and give the tabloid scrotes even more ammo. lets be honest the daily rags love to slate the toon and sometimes we do our job for them. if we do the Arsenholes tomorrow there will be comments like "only papering over the cracks" bandied about. if we lose then it will be sam is shit get rid of him. no win situation in my book. no wonder the lads are bursting to the seams with confidence.

Totally agree but that seems to be the trouble with us at the mo we only seem to get behind our team when we are winning. as soon as a few results go bad it lets head for the exits and give the tabloid scrotes even more ammo. lets be honest the daily rags love to slate the toon and sometimes we do our job for them. if we do the Arsenholes tomorrow there will be comments like "only papering over the cracks" bandied about. if we lose then it will be sam is shit get rid of him. no win situation in my book. no wonder the lads are bursting to the seams with confidence.

Well said mobiius, I agree.