Newcastle United 1 - 1 Arsenal - 05/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Guest optimistic nit

he did very well on the left. still think he would be better on the right, but getting past 2 players in the box then firing it across the six yard box was brilliant.

Have to say (wont be a shock as its coming from me) Milner was looking more the player of last season. Some things didn't work for him but he worked his arse off and I am sure Sagna hasn't just walked off the pitch thinking "wow that was an easy game".

But he may be walking off and thinking "wow my hair glows in the dark, how cool."

Have to say (wont be a shock as its coming from me) Milner was looking more the player of last season. Some things didn't work for him but he worked his arse off and I am sure Sagna hasn't just walked off the pitch thinking "wow that was an easy game".

Milner was very important for us today. Only wide player and had a lot of ball and always did his best with it. Didn't deliver well though, but he was put under great pressure from Sagna and the Arse CB's are both very good, so I'm not holding Milner against it. Worked his socks off too, as always.

Loved Alan Smith today. He leads by example and it definitely affects the whole team positively, especially when he plays upofront.

If we could just add some more goalscoring players around him he will look an even better player. He really does a great job of allowing others to come into play.

my motm is nicky butt!

excellent game a 10 point performance for me

Thought he was good but not brilliant.Sloppy in possession and nearly cost us with a terrible back pass in the last minute!Smith easily man of the match followed by Taylor

Guest Guinness

Great performance tonight, Smith and Taylor were quality. We played some really good stuff at times, we now need to build on this and bring it into the match with Birmingham.

1.  Smith should play up front - he's been wasted in midfield.

2 . Barton showed some nice touches.

3. Defence looked better (though would prefer Enrique at LB)

4. Milner was full of runnign

And a word for the ref  - top performance - had the guts to book players for diving too.

let's have faith in Sam - it's gonna take time!

Loved Alan Smith today. He leads by example and it definitely affects the whole team positively, especially when he plays upofront.

If we could just add some more goalscoring players around him he will look an even better player. He really does a great job of allowing others to come into play.

He looks the best suited to playing the lone striker role of any of the strikers we have.

Interview with Smith,

mentioned about having greats scored past us lately but good teams show by coming back, reporter said ' i know you don't drink but you're MOM' Smith says i'll give it to lads cause they deserve it

Cracking game where we just never stopped battling all night, hats off to the team and to Sam!

Their goal was unstoppable so other than that I couldn't really fault them, Smith was my MOTM closely followed by Butt and Taylor

:thup: :thup: :thup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2:

Brilliant.

If we had played to 75% of that level in most of our other games, we would be top 6 easily.

Given 7

Beye 8

Taylor 7

Rozehnal 5

N'Zogbia 6

Geremi 6.5

Butt 6.5

Barton 7

Milner 6.5

Martins 6

Smith 9

Interview with Smith,

mentioned about having greats scored past us lately but good teams show by coming back, reporter said ' i know you don't drink but you're MOM' Smith says i'll give it to lads cause they deserve it

:clap:

Fantastic performance. Every player worked their socks off and made life hard for Arsenal. Will be a big boost for team morale.

Well Done Lads  :clap: :clap:

Great that Taylor got the goal, he looked absolutely estatic.

Funny, we lost to Blackburn who AV beat convincingly, and then drew with Arsenal who beat AV. Showing signs of improvement  :thup:

pretty good game, arsenal didnt look very good after 15 minutes

alan smith - been top class upfront in the past 2 games and he shouldnt be dropped

a vast improvement from pompey and liverpool at home, 1 point is better than none against a team who is top of the league...

The reason arsenal were terrible was cos of us

You're right, Smith played the way I remember him during his time at Leeds, not a goal scorer but does so much damage with his all out play, he must play up front after what he's shown tonight, by far his best game for us.  Taylor could have had 3 and typifies what we needed from the players tonight, he showed so much that we’ve been missing for the last few games, a desire to win and a determination to get something from the game.  Milner played well, he’s not the quickest in the world but he’s got a massive heart and never gives up.  Beye was the best at the back, he looked shaky when he first came but he’s grown in each game he’s played.

The only real negative for me is Roz, he’ll probably not get a game when everybody is fit. 

All in all it was only one point from a draw but it felt like a victory and if we’d had a bit of luck it would have been.

Allardyce has restored my faith in him a bit tonight, he could have played Enrique at left-back and N’Zogbia on the wing but that might not have worked.  The fans were up for it tonight, I hope we can take this into the game on Saturday, if we do we’ll bag three points.

An excellent nights work and a bit of a surprise.

Smiffy worked his socks off, but too many knock-backsfor my liking, especially as we didn't do anything from them.

Not Smith's fault that there was no-one playing off his shoulder.The only real time there was someone off his shoulder was for the goal.

Stick Owen next to Smith and watch the goals fly in.

1.  Smith should play up front - he's been wasted in midfield.

2 . Barton showed some nice touches.

3. Defence looked better (though would prefer Enrique at LB)

4. Milner was full of runnign

And a word for the ref  - top performance - had the guts to book players for diving too.

let's have faith in Sam - it's gonna take time!

a word for the crowd too - much better and how it should be