Newcastle United 1 - 1 Arsenal - 05/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Much better fight from every player on the pitch tonight, Arsenal were not at their best but still we did way better then I thought we would..

Butt for Captain!!

Also why does Zoggy not respond the the support he gets when taking corners? Emre always does and Milner usually does but Zoggy never does, not even a fkn smile..

Much better fight from every player on the pitch tonight, Arsenal were not at their best but still we did way better then I thought we would..

Butt for Captain!!

Also why does Zoggy not respond the the support he gets when taking corners? Emre always does and Milner usually does but Zoggy never does, not even a fkn smile..

He's doesn't even smile when he scores, man. The lad's rock hard.

here is my report of the match! :)

for once i can acually write an exellent performance from our lads! work effort were immense from all areas and we showed how good our squad can be on a good day!

first i will mention some problem areas we`ve had before...

1.second balls!

this entire season we have had major problems winning those second balls! however today this came quite easly, as we worked hard, and always put pressure on them! loved that 4-5 tackle scenario when milner got the ball in the end! did you guys notice how good we were at getting in the back of people as soon as they got the ball! usually this season we would have been one or two meters away from doing that!

and, as you could see, both the goals came from winning the ball up high after pressure! so important!

2. Proper Passing game!

still a major problem! but looks to a lesser extent a problem then before! barton has really cleared up thath part in midfield! however im still one of the believers that this will never be cleared up as long as butt is in the midfield! however we still have problems using our wingers correctly (at least the way i see it), geremi is not a right midfielder still, and it shows at the positions  he recieves the ball, as he takes it back and in midfield instead of going head on...

however! as i said, great game and we really showed that we can still be a force to be reconed with! :) wich we really havent done lately!

Given 6

i think given could have taken the goal as the ball was finished straight for his head! however it came very fast and i can see why he missed it! (it was a great finish) except from that given had a farely good game!

Beye 7

i think this was maybe the best game he has had for us, showed good skill on the ball, and very good coming forward! however a bit "wopsie" at times! but comes back every time! wich is very good!

Taylor 8

Taylor had a massive finish! and its a bit funny see him doing that in so "important games", maybe a bit faulty on the positioning for the arse goal, but he makes it up with a massive performance! works extreamly hard, and you can see he loves to play for us :)

Rozendahl 5

i think Rozendahl had a "ok" game, my main reason for giving him such a low score is he seemed extreamly uncomfortable on the ball, s*** delivery and did not have in that extent a good game at all! i would also question his

Nzogbia 7

first of all AWFUL clearance for the first goal, but i think the ZOG had a good game still, acually saved us on a couple of occations! and was farely good going forward as well! we are showing the potential of a very offencive squad :)

Geremi 6

was very close to giving him a 7, but no, he, as butt, looses the ball way too often in midfield! however he is a treath when he has the ball high up, as he is quite good at whipping that ball in!

Butt: 6

i think hell be kissing taylors boots for a couple of days for saving him after that backpass.... however butt is still a good player, tackles good and is where he is needed... but i still think its a problem that he cannot pass the ball forward, and he cannot produce long balls as well (well... he did have one going for faye today)

Barton 8

Starting to show what a player he can be for us! was everywere... showed good passing skills and extreme work rate! however could have been sendt off today, and i dont like that... would have been my MOM has it not been for Smiths performance!

Milner 7

Still cant cross for s****, but makes it up with amazing running :) good game from Milner

Martins 6

wasnt a treath at all today, and when he was, he was offside! still needs a bit of intelligence on the pitch... but as seen before... hes like a hidden treath.. suddenly puts in a goal...

Smith 9 MOM

im going to quote Mick on this one

"You're right, Smith played the way I remember him during his time at Leeds, not a goal scorer but does so much damage with his all out play, he must play up front after what he shown tonight, by far his best game for us. "

Guest sicko2ndbest

Brilliant.

If we had played to 75% of that level in most of our other games, we would be top 6 easily.

Given 7

Beye 8

Taylor 7

Rozehnal 5

N'Zogbia 6

Geremi 6.5

Butt 6.5

Barton 7

Milner 6.5

Martins 6

Smith 9

This

The problem with Roz is that he dosn't clear his lines well, he missques a lot of clearences which leads to the opposition mouting an attack.

Not going to knock him too much as he had a decent game tonight, however, for a Czech Republic first choice centre half, we should expect better!

I always remember after we beat Man Utd 5-0 that the following week, we lost away to Leicester 2-0 bascially meaning that the 5-0 result counted for very little bar 7 days pride and gloating.

I hope, after the boost in confidence that we have gained from tonight performance, it is channelled in the right way so that the performance on Saturday, at least equals tonights and that the result is bettered.

We all, players and manager included, need to remind ourselves that the last few weeks havent been wiped away tonight and that we need a few more weeks and months of this to prove we have the football club we all felt we had in the summer after the regime and management change.

Given - 7 - Dealt well with several tricky balls

Beye - 7 Decent enough defending and going forward

Taylor - 8 - Great action man performance, love that aspect of him, took his goal well

Rozenthal - 7 - Looked a bit uncomfortable, but stopped several important moves

N'Zogbia - 6 - Didn't do a whole lot and looked kind of poor going forward

Geremi - 7 - Did well enough, expected more of him going forward after that header

Butt - 8 - Anchored the midfield well, also some surprisingly good passing

Barton - 6 - Looked ok on the ball, just didn't do that much

Milner - 9 - Excellent, absolutley outstanding when he tracked back.  Turned Sagna in knots, did really well

Smith - 9 - Only one to out-do Milner.  Great target man performance.  So much effort finally translated into a performance.

Martins - 6 - Really thought he could have done better with the possession he had and some of the scoring chances

Viduka - 5 - Really did hardly anything, and should have been able to get his shot off there at the end.

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/7182/78265756ii1.jpg

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/5067/78271519lf2.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Who are the fans Arms aloft) with the crystal ball that already knew that was going in. Cracking anticipation

Wonder what this means for Arsenal. They've been cruising through this season, just being brilliant, but on Saturday in the second half, Villa came at them and outplayed them for parts of that game and we did the same throughout the game today. Will other teams too have learned how to play against them now or will they just pick it up again as soon as their best players return?

Martins 6

wasnt a treath at all today, and when he was, he was offside!

I agree Martins didn't have the best of games, but he wasn't offside on one occassion where he had the defense beat, and it's strange that if he would have scored the equaliser from that the 6 would have been a whole lot higher all of a sudden, when there was basically nothing he could have done better there. Just an unlucky, wrong linesman decision..

We've just outfought the best side in the league,so for the next few days,we can utterly ignore bullshit press reports about dressing room disharmony,because that performance was one from a side committed to the manager.Lets hope we can kick on now.Smith had an awesome game,think he can really help either Oba or Owen score alot of goals as long as he is played as a centre forward.Hats off from me,i thought tbh that he wasnt a good signing for us,he's proved me wrong with his last 2 performances.

here is my report of the match! :)

for once i can acually write an exellent performance from our lads! work effort were immense from all areas and we showed how good our squad can be on a good day!

first i will mention some problem areas we`ve had before...

1.second balls!

this entire season we have had major problems winning those second balls! however today this came quite easly, as we worked hard, and always put pressure on them! loved that 4-5 tackle scenario when milner got the ball in the end! did you guys notice how good we were at getting in the back of people as soon as they got the ball! usually this season we would have been one or two meters away from doing that!

and, as you could see, both the goals came from winning the ball up high after pressure! so important!

2. Proper Passing game!

still a major problem! but looks to a lesser extent a problem then before! barton has really cleared up thath part in midfield! however im still one of the believers that this will never be cleared up as long as butt is in the midfield! however we still have problems using our wingers correctly (at least the way i see it), geremi is not a right midfielder still, and it shows at the positions  he recieves the ball, as he takes it back and in midfield instead of going head on...

however! as i said, great game and we really showed that we can still be a force to be reconed with! :) wich we really havent done lately!

Given 6

i think given could have taken the goal as the ball was finished straight for his head! however it came very fast and i can see why he missed it! (it was a great finish) except from that given had a farely good game!

Beye 7

i think this was maybe the best game he has had for us, showed good skill on the ball, and very good coming forward! however a bit "wopsie" at times! but comes back every time! wich is very good!

Taylor 8

Taylor had a massive finish! and its a bit funny see him doing that in so "important games", maybe a bit faulty on the positioning for the arse goal, but he makes it up with a massive performance! works extreamly hard, and you can see he loves to play for us :)

Rozendahl 5

i think Rozendahl had a "ok" game, my main reason for giving him such a low score is he seemed extreamly uncomfortable on the ball, s*** delivery and did not have in that extent a good game at all! i would also question his

Nzogbia 7

first of all AWFUL clearance for the first goal, but i think the ZOG had a good game still, acually saved us on a couple of occations! and was farely good going forward as well! we are showing the potential of a very offencive squad :)

Geremi 6

was very close to giving him a 7, but no, he, as butt, looses the ball way too often in midfield! however he is a treath when he has the ball high up, as he is quite good at whipping that ball in!

Butt: 6

i think hell be kissing taylors boots for a couple of days for saving him after that backpass.... however butt is still a good player, tackles good and is where he is needed... but i still think its a problem that he cannot pass the ball forward, and he cannot produce long balls as well (well... he did have one going for faye today)

Barton 8

Starting to show what a player he can be for us! was everywere... showed good passing skills and extreme work rate! however could have been sendt off today, and i dont like that... would have been my MOM has it not been for Smiths performance!

Milner 7

Still cant cross for s****, but makes it up with amazing running :) good game from Milner

Martins 6

wasnt a treath at all today, and when he was, he was offside! still needs a bit of intelligence on the pitch... but as seen before... hes like a hidden treath.. suddenly puts in a goal...

Smith 9 MOM

im going to quote Mick on this one

"You're right, Smith played the way I remember him during his time at Leeds, not a goal scorer but does so much damage with his all out play, he must play up front after what he shown tonight, by far his best game for us. "

Given - 7 - Dealt well with several tricky balls

Beye - 7 Decent enough defending and going forward

Taylor - 8 - Great action man performance, love that aspect of him, took his goal well

Rozenthal - 7 - Looked a bit uncomfortable, but stopped several important moves

N'Zogbia - 6 - Didn't do a whole lot and looked kind of poor going forward

Geremi - 7 - Did well enough, expected more of him going forward after that header

Butt - 8 - Anchored the midfield well, also some surprisingly good passing

Barton - 6 - Looked ok on the ball, just didn't do that much

Milner - 9 - Excellent, absolutley outstanding when he tracked back.  Turned Sagna in knots, did really well

Smith - 9 - Only one to out-do Milner.  Great target man performance.  So much effort finally translated into a performance.

Martins - 6 - Really thought he could have done better with the possession he had and some of the scoring chances

Viduka - 5 - Really did hardly anything, and should have been able to get his shot off there at the end.

:coolsmiley:

Credit to the crowd as well, After we conceded after 4 mins it would of been o so easy to get frustrated and start booing but they didnt and they were the 12th man today. They were behind the team 100% and even if Arsenal had scored a winner in the 90th min im positive the team would of been clapped off.

Credit to the crowd as well, After we conceded after 4 mins it would of been o so easy to get frustrated and start booing but they didnt and they were the 12th man today. They were behind the team 100% and even if Arsenal had scored a winner in the 90th min im positive the team would of been clapped off.

Barton's comments have had an affect.