Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

no chance he's off to the mackems. he's one of the few we've had that seem loyal and wouldn't want to harm his "cult hero" status.

thats the problem with being a local newspaper - with only one team, a slow day has plenty of stories like this.

Ah man lads howay, by the end of the week we will have a new owner, Al as manager,  Habib offered a new deal and he will be the new club Captain..

"

What's the old saying? No news is good news".

Let's fucking hope so.

Guest toonlass

I will be gutted to see him go tbh. One of very few of our current lot who has shown some love of the club and a passion to play.

We need him to stay and he should be made captain, imo. I can see Taylor getting that honour if Shearer is manager, though.

Beye will be made captain and Taylor vice captain under Shearer if he can keep them both.

It's the logical thing to do, and Shearer thinks logically; it's why we need him.

We need him to stay and he should be made captain, imo. I can see Taylor getting that honour if Shearer is manager, though.

Beye will be made captain and Taylor vice captain under Shearer if he can keep them both.

It's the logical thing to do, and Shearer thinks logically; it's why we need him.

Yes I agree with that like, I reckon sorting out Beyes contract will be one of the very first things Shearer plans to do, that and sort out who we wants to sell.

Why is it the logical thing to do? I agree with Beye being made captain btw. But Taylor needs to prove himself firstly before even thinking about having something like the vice-captain's armband. He did play a lot better towards the back end of last season, so let's hope he keeps up that form, then he can concentrate on having something such as that placed upon him.

Why is it the logical thing to do? I agree with Beye being made captain btw. But Taylor needs to prove himself firstly before even thinking about having something like the vice-captain's armband. He did play a lot better towards the back end of last season, so let's hope he keeps up that form, then he can concentrate on having something such as that placed upon him.

I don't see a problem with Taylor being made vice-captain as you would hope that Beye (injuries permitting) would be the captain in most games.  Off the pitch, Taylor probably does more than the rest of the players put together in representing the club at various charity events etc.

Anyway, if Butt is still here then he will probably be involved somewhere.

I don't see a problem with Taylor being made vice-captain as you would hope that Beye (injuries permitting) would be the captain in most games.  Off the pitch, Taylor probably does more than the rest of the players put together in representing the club at various charity events etc.

Anyway, if Butt is still here then he will probably be involved somewhere.

Part of the answer i'd give Tooj also its logical to offer Beye Captaincy to keep him, and is our best option anyway, and same applies for Taylor, we need to keep him and offering him the VC role would make him reject any offer from any other club to think he's only a step away from FT captains arm band.

He'll be forced to grow up a lot, its the next logical step for him, especially in the CCC; i'd have said its too soon for him in the Prem, but were not there anymore.

Taylor should be given the armband in games like the League Cup, early rounds of the FA Cup etc when we rotate a bit. Just to give him that taster, the experience of it.

Again logically a great idea, gives him the experience and honour.

There's no point giving Butt the job since he won't be here in a year imo, or will be on the brink of the squad, just like when Rafa took the band off Hyypia and gave it to Gerrard, he wanted a settled captain for years to come and we need the same, Beye can be our Hyypia in the respect and Taylor our Gerrard. - I am not comparing their talents whatsoever before the wankers jump on that comment, just the pattern of captaincy promotion.

I get the feeling Butt won't be going anywhere and he'll be made captain. Hope not though.

Fucks sake when are this joke of a club going to get rid of Butt? When he's on a catheter, sucking on a fucking Worthers? Laughable, honestly.

Guest Stephen927

I find it hard to discuss potential captains without seeing what they are like around the place. For all I know, Beye could be the quietest member of the squad, wouldn't say boo to a goose, doesn't have much respect in the dressing room..

I do think it is likely that Shearer will offer Beye the armband in a bid to keep him, like Keegan did with Michael Owen.

I find it hard to discuss potential captains without seeing what they are like around the place. For all I know, Beye could be the quietest member of the squad, wouldn't say boo to a goose, doesn't have much respect in the dressing room..

I do think it is likely that Shearer will offer Beye the armband in a bid to keep him, like Keegan did with Michael Owen.

To me it doesn't matter that much, it's how you are on the pitch that counts and Beye is clearly the leader out there. Taylor to give him his due is very vocal but he sometimes plays like a headless chicken so I think it would be beneficial to have him as vice captain and to learn from Beye over the next couple of seasons. Butt is quite good with the vocal stuff but I hope he isn't playing next season so no point making him captain or vice captain.