Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sadly, we've got more important things to worry about than individual players.

Its all one worry though, the mess of the sale is creating the mess with the squad, we cannot afford to lose players like Habib, a true pro a hard working honest quality player, you can tell by the reaction how much he has been taken to the hearts of the fans.

Him going will hurt this club, unlike Owen & Vidukas going, that means nothing Habib means everyhting.

:clap:

Exactly right. I couldn't give a flying f*** about Viduka, Owen, and all those other useless twats going. Its a sad indictment of the state of this football club when players like Habib Beye feel like they're being forced out due to the complete ridiculousness of it all. He's one of a very small number of players who actually appear to give a s*** and actually cares about wearing the black and white shirt. Never been to a match where he hasn't been pretty much the last player off the pitch after applauding the fans. Who remembers Everton away? Everton were doing their lap of honour while Habib Beye was still with the Newcastle fans. Every other Toon player had f***ed off down the tunnel. Michael Owen was probably already rod-ing a horse in a helicopter. The t***.

Beye leaving would be a massive hammer blow. He should be our captain, hands down, and should be charged with leading the club back up.

There've been very, very, few players who have signed for Newcastle in recent years who have embraced the area, the fans, and tried their bollocks off every game, while still being brilliant. Habib Beye is just such a player. I'll be completely and utterly devastated if he leaves

All of that is spot on.  We love him, he loves us.  Him uping sticks shows how bad things have got.  Just got to hope that Ashley gets out soon....

Big Sam weighs up swoop

Blackburn Rovers, 14:48, July 14, 2009

Blackburn are again being linked with Habib Beye after the player revealed he must leave Newcastle this summer.

The 31-year-old is growing increasingly frustrated with life at Newcastle as the club's future remains shrouded in doubt and a move away looks to be on the cards.

Beye says he needs to leave for the good of his career and Sam Allardyce, the man who brought him to England when he was in charge of the Magpies, now wants to snap him up for Rovers.

"When I joined from Marseille two years ago, I was so excited to be joining such a big club, it was a dream move," Beye revealed. "I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting. This cannot go on it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

The one sticking point for Rovers is that Allardyce wants to draft in a new striker before he does anything else and that could mean a potential move is on hold.

In Betfair you can either make a back bet (bet on who's going to win) or place a lay bet (bet against something happening). Betfair matches people on either side of the bet with the odds they agree. Simple. Use this £10 free bet and give it a try.

Big Sam weighs up swoop

Blackburn Rovers, 14:48, July 14, 2009

Blackburn are again being linked with Habib Beye after the player revealed he must leave Newcastle this summer.

The 31-year-old is growing increasingly frustrated with life at Newcastle as the club's future remains shrouded in doubt and a move away looks to be on the cards.

Beye says he needs to leave for the good of his career and Sam Allardyce, the man who brought him to England when he was in charge of the Magpies, now wants to snap him up for Rovers.

"When I joined from Marseille two years ago, I was so excited to be joining such a big club, it was a dream move," Beye revealed. "I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting. This cannot go on it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

The one sticking point for Rovers is that Allardyce wants to draft in a new striker before he does anything else and that could mean a potential move is on hold.

In Betfair you can either make a back bet (bet on who's going to win) or place a lay bet (bet against something happening). Betfair matches people on either side of the bet with the odds they agree. Simple. Use this £10 free bet and give it a try.

TBH If we got a manager in tomorrow he'd stay. Though We all know thats not going to happen.

Not necessarily. He wants a new contract.

he does want a new deal but a manager is a good start, although I shudder to think who it would be.

So that's two decent right full backs, two centre halfs, two left full backs, two right wingers, a left winger, a couple of creative players and strikers we need now as well.

Sounds do-able.  In five weeks.  With no manager.  Or owner that gives a flying fuck what happens.

So that's two decent right full backs, two centre halfs, two left full backs, two right wingers, a left winger, a couple of creative players and strikers we need now as well.

Sounds do-able.  In five weeks.  With no manager.  Or owner that gives a flying fuck what happens.

:lol:

Incredible isn't it. Mike 'what price a top six finish?' Ashley and Derek 'I think we'll get 46 points' Llambias live in a fucking fantasy world.

Well when you put it like that...

:banghead:

:lol:

Incredible isn't it. Mike 'what price a top six finish?' Ashley and Derek 'I think we'll get 46 points' Llambias live in a fucking fantasy world.

I just think it's incredible that after being told that we we're in safe hands by some quarters on this board and in the media, we have a situation with the squad that's at least ten times worse than it was on 1st September last year, and if all the players had a crisis of conscience and took a pay cut and stayed, you wouldn't bet 10p on them to keep us in this division.

Well when you put it like that...

:banghead:

Shit, aye. I don't think i've actually contemplated the actual reality of us fielding our youth players at West Brom... didn't realise it was all that close but it really is.

Fuck me.

Sounds do-able.  In five weeks.  With no manager.  Or owner that gives a flying f*** what happens.

Where do you get that from??? Not denying the last sentance, as we are pretty fucked with the season fast approaching and no manager but can't see where your coming from with your squad analysis, worth rememebering we are now a championship side with not much money to spend, even with a takeover!  2 decent right backs?  why?  Ryan Taylor will do a ok job as a full back in the CCC and there will be young Tavernier pushing him as well,  2 left back?  Tamas Kadar is better than any left back in the CCC, young reserves Lough & Ferguson are perfectly capable of covering should he be injured.  Agree we need a new centre half, only one though don't need 2.  Won't deny a creative midfielder is a must but we don't need 2 right wingers, we have Lua lua but will need another one and we will need a striker, preferably someone small and quick, Leroy Lita on a free could do a job.

Harper

Tavernier -- Kadar -- Ferguson -- Lough

Lua Lua -- ? -- ? -- ?

Lita -- Carroll

Aye, we'll be fine. :lol:

i wasn't saying that would be the team to get us out of the league, i'm saying we have them in the squad already, we don't need to buy 2 right backs if we already have Taylor & Tavernier for example.  Obviously we need players but not 2 in every position.

Harper

Lua Lua -- ? -- ? -- ?

Lita -- Carroll

Harper

Raylor Taylor Hughton Kadar

Geremi Butt© Nolan Guthrie

Carroll Smith

Harper

Lua Lua -- ? -- ? -- ?

Lita -- Carroll

Harper

Raylor Taylor Hughton Kadar

Geremi Butt© Nolan Guthrie

Carroll Smith

terrible team...even for championship standards.

Definitely Gone:

Coloccini

Enrique

Cacapa

Barton

Martins

Bassong

Owen

Viduka

Gutierrez

Geremi

Beye

Which leaves us with this as our 'best' line-up:

Harper ..... Taylor, Taylor, ???, Kadar ..... Lua Lua, Guthrie, Nolan, Duff ..... Carroll, Shola

And nothing in depth (without delving completely into the youth set-up). We need a new squad, basically - simple as that. The preparation we've had this season would have been terrible for a balanced, complete, good Championship squad. We've got absolutely nothing like that, so it's been utterly catastrophic. Scared shitless, me.