Jose Enrique

Kev

should he start at left back?

hes looked decent since hes joined but somehow hes being kept out by a left winger who cannot play left back

been a waste of money so far if hes just going to sit on the bench

Guest optimistic nit

you said feye was a waste of money when we signed him, and he's our most important defender now. stop jumping to conclusions.

hes looked decent since hes joined but somehow hes being kept out by a left winger who cannot play left back

He's been average no more.  And he's been no better the N'Zogbia over the course of the season so far

I think Enrique has the makings of a good left back in this league, problem is I think Sam has seen N'Zogbia although not all that comfortable as a defender has probably had his best games for us attacking wise coming from a left back position.

I still think Allardyce is trying to protect him.

Yep, I think people seem to forget how young and inexperienced the lad is. Allardyce has shown in the past he likes to treat foreign players with caution and blood them in slowly.

There is a chance that Zog is our best left-back at this moment in time.

possibly get a left back in for january let baba rot in the basement levels of the ground till his contract is up and then that gives enrique time without pressure to play every game and zoggy can go back to challenging duff (when back) for left wing

The lad needs to be given time to settle imo.

I'd love to see him play on Sat with N'Zogbia infront of him, Milner on the right and Butt Barton and Geremi in the middle.

Smith up top on his own

Guest optimistic nit

He's been average no more.  And he's been no better the N'Zogbia over the course of the season so far

please explain to me the difference between being decent and being average.

The lad needs to be given time to settle imo.

I'd love to see him play on Sat with N'Zogbia infront of him, Milner on the right and Butt Barton and Geremi in the middle.

Smith up top on his own

Need to be more positive against Biringham.How about Milner on the right,zog on the left,Barton/and Emre in the middle and oba and Smith up front

please explain to me the difference between being decent and being average.

I way decent means pretty good, and no more than average is not that good.  I don't think he's looked particularly good.