Newcastle vs Birmingham Pre Match Thread

Decky

I think this could be a trickier game than we think it will be!They wont be a push over,but we will beat them 2 nil!If we make the same noise saturday and dont get on the players backs It will make it alot easier for the players!

I think a steady but unspectacular 1-0. Enough to help steady the ship that little bit more.

Birmingham going to be a decent test - I think McLeish will do a decent job there.

I pray for a very boring 1-0 win.

Would like us to drop Butt for Emre for this, reckon we'll need his creativity more than we need Butt.

I agree..was disapointed he didnt bring him on tonight!Didnt think Butt was excellent either!Almost cost us a goal right at the death!

Would like us to drop Butt for Emre for this, reckon we'll need his creativity more than we need Butt.

I agree we don't need as much defensive cover in there but would drop Geremi instead. Butt is the best one at breaking up the oppositions play.

----------Butt

----------------Emre

---Barton

For me and I reckon a 2-1 win. I got the Arsenal prediction right though so it's nailed on not to be that now.  O0

I would reluctantly drop Geremi to accommodate Enrique and try to keep the momentum behind the 4-3-3.

Given

Beye  Caçapa  Faye  Enrique

Butt  Barton

Milner

Martins                N'Zogbia

Smith

I still think Milner's attributes may prove better suited to a central role and even if it's not working, the formation can easily be switched to a 4-2-2.

Do we know wether Caçapa and Faye will be fit?

Guest optimistic nit

Id be delighted with Enrique in for Zog at LB, then Zog at LM and Milner at RM with Geremi dropped. Zog was not good at all tonight at LB and i cant blame him, it isnt his position.

i thought he was good tbh. one bad mistake doesn't mean the overall performance wasnt good.

Hopefully another positive step forward for the team, build some momentum. Would be criminal not to get a result here after the drawing with table leaders Arsenal.

2-0 Martins and someone else

There might be a few changes due to fatigue/niggles picked up in the past 2 matches, the players did have to hustle pretty hard. I wouldn't blame Smith if he needed subbing in the 2nd half  :lol: (6 goals in 45 mins would be pushing it though ;) ), he was running non-stop for a lot of the Arsenal game.

Crowd should be really good again, important they back the lads right the way through again.