Newcastle vs Birmingham Pre Match Thread

Decky

Given

Beye  Taylor  Roz  Enrique

Geremi

Barton  Emre

Martins  Viduka  Zoggy

Might as well attack, its not as if Birmingham are going to try and bomb down the field.

We can afford to have Viduka there tomorrow as Brum will be under the cosh so we need more quality compared to workrate therefore put Viduka instead of Smith. Use our pace too against their relatively slow defence put Zoggy and Martins there and use Barton & Emre's good passing to utilise the pace we have. That defence i feel is strong enough to hold off Brums attack but we must watch their danger man, Kapo.

We should win, my guess is a 3-0 win. Martins with 2, Barton with 1.

Given

Beye   Taylor   Roz   Enrique

Geremi

Barton   Emre

Martins   Viduka   Zoggy

Might as well attack, its not as if Birmingham are going to try and bomb down the field.

We can afford to have Viduka there tomorrow as Brum will be under the cosh so we need more quality compared to workrate therefore put Viduka instead of Smith. Use our pace too against their relatively slow defence put Zoggy and Martins there and use Barton & Emre's good passing to utilise the pace we have. That defence i feel is strong enough to hold off Brums attack but we must watch their danger man, Kapo.

Smith dosent deserve to be dropped  :coolsmiley: Why not give him full 90 minutes tomorrow so he can get a goal and some confidence. Viduka should be our last option in attack.

Given

Geremi

Barton   Emre

Martins   Viduka   Zoggy

Smith dosent deserve to be dropped  :coolsmiley: Why not give him full 90 minutes tomorrow so he can get a goal and some confidence. Viduka should be our last option in attack.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/laughs.gif

5-1 - NEWC: O. Martins (2, 89) A. Smith (32) C. N'Zogbia (52) D. Rozenhal (83) BIRM: O. Kapo (34)

Bookings - NEWC A. Smith, Geremi, H. Beye BIRM: M. Taylor, S. Larsson, D. De Ridder F. Muamba

We don't score our second til after 30 minutes?

Well f*** that then, bunch of useless bastards.  Allardyce out.

And we then let them straight back into it!

Then have to wait until the 52ND MINUTE to become comfortable again. Unacceptable tbh.

Sorry I'm such pessimist, I just don't beleive we'll do any better with the current team and management.

Given

Geremi

Barton   Emre

Martins   Viduka   Zoggy

Even if he dont score a single goal for rest of the season but still plays the passionate style like he did against Arsenal, i still would prefer him instead of Fatman Scoop. Viduka hasnt showed a shiiiit, he just looks fat and tired.

Given

Geremi

Barton   Emre

Martins   Viduka   Zoggy

Even if he dont score a single goal for rest of the season but still plays the passionate style like he did against Arsenal, i still would prefer him instead of Fatman Scoop. Viduka hasnt showed a shiiiit, he just looks fat and tired.

wholeheartedly disagree on the viduka comment

Given

Geremi

Barton   Emre

Martins   Viduka   Zoggy

What kind of a message do we send in this time of revival if we drop or most passionate player though.

Unless Smith is really knackered from Wednsday, he has to start.

Team i would play

Given

Beye  Taylor Roze Enrique

Milner Butt  Barton Zoggy

Smith Martins

Agreed. This makes sense, anything else doesn't.

Given

Geremi

Barton   Emre

Martins   Viduka   Zoggy

What kind of a message do we send in this time of revival if we drop or most passionate player though.

Unless Smith is really knackered from Wednsday, he has to start.

But apart from passion what does Smith offer, come on against Arsenal he wasn't productive at all, quite wasteful at times. A striker with just passion alone doesn't get you goals or create them, its good to play him against Arsenal as they create more space than teams like Brum so you need to defend from the front. Smith is ideal for this role, but Brum we should be in control of the game, with them defending from the front and against teams like this i'd prefer end product over work rate, as its the end product which gets the points. Smith is the best at the club work rate wise but what does he produce? unlike Viduka who in his limited appearances scored goals and will create something, as everyone knows its goals that win you games.

I wouldn't change much, maybe swap Martins for Viduka up front and get Enrique in there.

where would the pace come from to tear ridgewell apart?

viduka is a big fat lazy twat

to be so dismissive of alan smith is a joke. I think he gave us another dimension against arsenal. The ball from throw ins was at him and he won them or at least gave the arsenal back four a hell of a time and this is what allowed us to put the pressure on. He does a job. He is a valuable player and tbh did the job well. This is where we are at but play him up front and I bet he scores a few. The lad played for Man Utd ffs n how many bad players do that