Newcastle vs Birmingham Pre Match Thread

Decky

But apart from passion what does Smith offer, come on against Arsenal he wasn't productive at all, quite wasteful at times. A striker with just passion alone doesn't get you goals or create them, its good to play him against Arsenal as they create more space than teams like Brum so you need to defend from the front. Smith is ideal for this role, but Brum we should be in control of the game, with them defending from the front and against teams like this i'd prefer end product over work rate, as its the end product which gets the points. Smith is the best at the club work rate wise but what does he produce? unlike Viduka who in his limited appearances scored goals and will create something, as everyone knows its goals that win you games.

He got the assist. ???

I wouldn't change much, maybe swap Martins for Viduka up front and get Enrique in there.

where would the pace come from to tear ridgewell apart?

viduka is a big fat lazy twat

Viduka usually outdoes Birmingham with a moment of genius.

I wouldn't change much, maybe swap Martins for Viduka up front and get Enrique in there.

where would the pace come from to tear ridgewell apart?

viduka is a big fat lazy t***

James Milner?

Guest Ridzuan

I would love to have the same team playing on Wednesday starting for today's match but I think Geremi has to give way to Milner on the right while N'Zogbia starts on the left side of the midfield with Enrique covering the left back because Geremi didnt do anything much during the Arsenal game and most,if not all of the crosses came from Milner and I think that is not good.Martins and Smith should start upfront again with Viduka on the bench.

Guest newcastle4life

Must win game to follow wednesday dont expect many changes maybe the same team. 3-1 to the toon Martins, Barton and Milner to score.

Guest Brewcastle

Big Atmosphere today boys, wednesday counts for nothing if we dont get behind the lads today

Jepp! And the point from wednesday isn't that much to be happy about if we give away points to day (and until the Chelsea-match) .

to be so dismissive of alan smith is a joke. I think he gave us another dimension against arsenal. The ball from throw ins was at him and he won them or at least gave the arsenal back four a hell of a time and this is what allowed us to put the pressure on. He does a job. He is a valuable player and tbh did the job well. This is where we are at but play him up front and I bet he scores a few. The lad played for Man Utd ffs n how many bad players do that

David Bellion, Wes Brown, Kleberson... theres more too i'm sure.

But apart from passion what does Smith offer, come on against Arsenal he wasn't productive at all, quite wasteful at times. A striker with just passion alone doesn't get you goals or create them, its good to play him against Arsenal as they create more space than teams like Brum so you need to defend from the front. Smith is ideal for this role, but Brum we should be in control of the game, with them defending from the front and against teams like this i'd prefer end product over work rate, as its the end product which gets the points. Smith is the best at the club work rate wise but what does he produce? unlike Viduka who in his limited appearances scored goals and will create something, as everyone knows its goals that win you games.

He got the assist. ???

Did he even touch it after the Beye cross?

He made a nuisance of himself though ill give him that, but in another thread (Post Arsenal thread i think) a poster mentioned he had a poor pass completion rate and if you watch the game again there were countless times he tried to hold up the ball and lost it.

NUFC: Shay Given, Habib Beye, Charles N'Zogbia, Steven Taylor, David Rozehnal, Nicky Butt, Joey Barton, Geremi ©, James Milner, Alan Smith, Oba Martins

Subs: Steve Harper, Jose Enrique, David Edgar, Emre, Mark Viduka

BCFC: Maik Taylor, Stephen Kelly, Mathew Sadler, Rafael Schmitz, Liam Ridgwell ©, Sebastian Larsson, Cameron Jerome, Gary McSheffrey, Mehdi Nafti, Daniel De Ridder, Fabrice Muamba

Subs: Colin Doyle, Garry O'Connor, Mikael Forssell, Stuart Parnaby, Olivier Kapo

NUFC: Shay Given, Habib Beye, Charles N'Zogbia, Steven Taylor, David Rozehnal, Nicky Butt, Joey Barton, Geremi ©, James Milner, Alan Smith, Oba Martins

Subs: Steve Harper, Jose Enrique, David Edgar, Emre, Mark Viduka

BCFC: Maik Taylor, Stephen Kelly, Mathew Sadler, Rafael Schmitz, Liam Ridgwell ©, Sebastian Larsson, Cameron Jerome, Gary McSheffrey, Mehdi Nafti, Daniel De Ridder, Fabrice Muamba

Subs: Colin Doyle, Garry O'Connor, Mikael Forssell, Stuart Parnaby, Olivier Kapo

Martins should rape Schmitz.

Bit disapointed with line up considering we are playing the mighty Birmingham!Dont understand playing Zog left back against them but still none of  the players deserved to be dropped after Wednesday night and can only help playing the same team!2-0 to us