Brown to leave Man United?

NSG

Wes Brown's Manchester United future could be in doubt after the defender rejected a new four-year contract.

The 28-year-old, who is out of contract at the end of the season, has been at the club since leaving school.

"He has not agreed anything, which is entirely up to Wes, we feel we have made him a good offer," said United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"We've met with his agent. They've rejected our last offer so that is the end of it. We won't be going back."

Brown has been a regular for United this season, filling in for long-term injury Gary Neville at right back.

Sir Alex did not say if he would be willing to sell Brown in the transfer window, and admitted he could lose him on a free transfer at the end of the season - but would not be held to ransom.

"It's a possibility. It would be a disappointment," he said.

------------------------------------------------------------

Was it him or Silvestre we were interested in in the summer?

Wes Brown's Manchester United future could be in doubt after the defender rejected a new four-year contract.

The 28-year-old, who is out of contract at the end of the season, has been at the club since leaving school.

"He has not agreed anything, which is entirely up to Wes, we feel we have made him a good offer," said United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"We've met with his agent. They've rejected our last offer so that is the end of it. We won't be going back."

Brown has been a regular for United this season, filling in for long-term injury Gary Neville at right back.

Sir Alex did not say if he would be willing to sell Brown in the transfer window, and admitted he could lose him on a free transfer at the end of the season - but would not be held to ransom.

"It's a possibility. It would be a disappointment," he said.

------------------------------------------------------------

Was it him or Silvestre we were interested in in the summer?

We defo went in for Silvestre (who Man Utd were willing to sell) but we may have enquired about Brown too and been knocked back.

Guest Stephen927

We went in for Silvestre but he didn't want to move because of Joey Barton and the Dabo incident.

On a free transfer I'd definitely go for him.

We went in for Silvestre but he didn't want to move because of Joey Barton and the Dabo incident.

Rather have Brown.

Yeah - me too. Everytime.

The only worry with Brown is his history of injuries.

I'd defo take a chance on him. Utter quality.

Rather have Brown.

Is his injury record that bad?

Rather have Brown.

Is his injury record that bad?

I've just looked it up and including appearances off the bench he's averaged 21 games a season since his debut in 1996.

He's 28 and only has 14 international caps.

I wouldn't have thought the lack of appearances is anything to do with his ability.

Like I said, I really rate him and think he'd be quality but if he's sitting next to Baba for half the season then there's no point.

Dont think hes much better than what we have here tbh!Hes also injury prone and does always seem to make a howler every game I  watch him.If he was brilliant he would be in the England team as most Man U players seem to be favoured for England,i.e Phil Neville!

I'd stick an offer in, Cacapa and Beye are no spring chickens and I think we need a defender around Wes' age to come in. All in all he's a good defender, not quality but a good 'un. On a free i think it would be criminal not to have a look at him.

Dont think hes much better than what we have here tbh!Hes also injury prone and does always seem to make a howler every game I  watch him.

He's a million miles ahead of most of what you have (Particularly the hopeless Rozehnal). And he's experienced, comitted, and has plenty of gas left in the tank. And he's not had a serious injury in years He's the type of player who should be right at the top of the shopping list imo.

Altho he does look like a baked bean.

Anyways. I'm sure Taggart will change his tune if Gary Chuckle remains crocked.

Dont think hes much better than what we have here tbh!Hes also injury prone and does always seem to make a howler every game I  watch him.

He's a million miles ahead of most of what you have (Particularly the hopeless Rozehnal). And he's experienced, comitted, and has plenty of gas left in the tank. And he's not had a serious injury in years He's the type of player who should be right at the top of the shopping list imo.

Altho he does look like a baked bean.

Anyways. I'm sure Taggart will change his tune if Gary Chuckle remains crocked.

I reckon after a while our defenders will settle in nicely.Beyes going to be quality,hes proven his worth in the last couple of Games,Capaca had played very well until Portsmouth.Roz,a bit up and down,the jurys still out on him.

Considering my brothers who both support Man U said they will be delighted if they got rid of them says it all really?

Also agree with Unbelievable,overrated English man

English, hoardes of Premiership experience, had the best coaching going for years.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us in for him and would be fairly confident of him being successful here.