Newcastle United 2 - 1 Birmingham - 08/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

JH

Guest newcastle4life
:celb: The win was needed hopefully we can move on from here with more good results. Well done Beye on getting the winner at the end.

I know its a bit over the top after just a home win against Birmingham but we havent won since I launched the site so I thought what the hell

Here is a wallpaper to have till the next win (hope its sooner than the last!)

http://www.backoftheshirt.com/wallpapers/toonvbrumwallpaper2.gif

(You should be able to right click it and then save or save as background)

Deserved victory, but questions still exist over the defence, I hope Roz can sort himself out, either that or there are massive communication problems between him and Taylor.

We should have been so much more comfortable after the chances we missed in the first half.

Zoggy was MOM, closely followed by Milner. Really hope we quickly get Enrique in defence so Zoggy can play on the wing where he belongs.

Two games, two life-saving goals from defenders. If only our strikers were scoring and our defenders were stopping goals.

Oh well. I didn't get to see the game, but I'm happy.

I think its good a few different players are scoring so we dont have to rely on one or two indivuduals to get us goals!When u see Beyes goal you will agree as well,he abs flew himself at it!Also Martins scored 7 goals from 12 starts so bit harsh on him

Deserved victory, but questions still exist over the defence, I hope Roz can sort himself out, either that or there are massive communication problems between him and Taylor.

Roz is getting progressively worse every game. It's worrying.

I agree,I wish Sam could drop him for a few games and ease him back in again but considering we dont have any other centre back fit its tough!I hope he wont have to play Beye in the centre because hes brilliant going forward in right back!Theres no doubt Roz is a talented footballer just think hes not used to the pl yet

The biggest thing that we can take from this game outside of the 3 points is that we went 1 down and came back to win, how long has it been since we did that? It will give our players the frame of mind to go on for a win should we conceed again because the fact that when we conceed the first and never get back wouldnt have done any favours for mentality.

The biggest thing that we can take from this game outside of the 3 points is that we went 1 down and came back to win, how long has it been since we did that? It will give our players the frame of mind to go on for a win should we conceed again because the fact that when we conceed the first and never get back wouldnt have done any favours for mentality.

Aye good point

Guest smarty2006

First few games Roz looked reasonably solid (only having a weakness for high balls) and could be an asset going forward, showing a little flair and shooting ability.

What the F@#K happened there lykes?  Lately has looked well shaky! I still believe he can come good though..., still adjusting to EPL I guess?

A very important result today, and i'm delighted we won.

First half we were unlucky to concede, lapse in concentration from Roz. We turned it round though, but in the first half i was worried as for all of our possession and territorial dominance we lacked movement, vision and creativity so i was relieved to see Vid come on for Butt was a good decision imo. After the pen though we had them on the ropes even more and could've got another one in before half time. 2nd half we started off sleepy and inefficiently but after 60 minutes or so, we had them back under pressure and had the game i thought after that then the goal came from Beye with perfect timing.

Given - 6.5 - Made a couple of decent saves, lacks some confidence though and its quite evident.

Beye - 8 - He is excellent at tracking back and has a good sliding tackle. Godd header at the end too.

Roz - 6 - After his early blooper, he became much better won some headers too. Distribution needs work though.

Taylor - 7 - Solid performance individually, but he must communicate more with the whole defence.

Zoggy - 6.5 - Mixed day for Zog offered a good attacking threat, still shaky defending but he is improving at LB, move him up though for next game, he was born to run at defenders.

Geremi - 6.5 - A solid game and very efficient, he does hold our midfield together at times but his work is underestimated.

Barton - 7- His vision and anticipation of the game is excellent and his passing is very good too, sometimes he is a bit too ahead of his team mates for example with a long pass to where Milner should have been, but he wasn't. For me a top class player who is always thinking but his rash tackle let him down.

Milner - 8 - A typical grinding performance from Jimmy, some good crosses from him and some nice skill, my MOTM.

Smith - 6 - Worked hard as ever, some nice short passing but was invisible for alot of the game.

Martins - 6.5 - Seemed off the pace but unlike the Arsenal game today he didn't run into blind allies and did the intelligent thing and passed the ball, don't think he likes the right wing very much.

Butt - For the time he was on got himself around a bit

Viduka - 6 - Looked unfit and strangely his touch was a little off, needs more time to get fit.

Emre - 6 - Wasn't on for very long got himself around looked for the ball, His free kick was handballed and decent delivery for Beye's goal.

Enrique - Wasn't on long enough to do anything.