Newcastle United 2 - 1 Birmingham - 08/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

JH

Barton- 7 By far our best passer of the ball today. Lunatic foul let him down.

People are being a bit unfair with this.  Smart foul really, with attacker getting away from him, far better take him out there than risk a foul on the edge of the area and have us let in another wonder goal.  If it was anyone else we wouldn't even be talking about it.

Smart foul would have been to clip his heals. Dangerous tackle IMO, couldn't have complained if he got sent off.

Thats absolute bollocks, never a sending off.  See the sentence I've highlighted

I have seen it and I fully disagree. It was dangerous, especially on the surface we were on. My view wouldn't change a jot if it was any other player.

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.  Do you think Milner should have gone at Boro?

Don't recall the challenge, what was it?

Dispossessed (sp?) (when attacking) by the full back who then set off up the field.  The challenge from Milner was pretty much the same as Barton's except the incident was about 60 yards from our goal.

If you can't remember it, it kind of proves my point, especially if you were there

You think Barton shouldn't have been sent off because I can't remember a challenge from 4 months ago? :lol:

If it was similar to Barton's today, then yes, he should have gone IMO.

See the bit that was highlighted in the post you have quoted about only talking about it because it's Barton.  Smart arse :lol:

Ahhh, I get you now ;)

Seriously though, i'd still think the same if anyone else made that tackle, and I probably thought it when Milner did it.

Oba scored the pen. He can be a bit eratic at times but he does seem to have a cool head for pens. Not as cool as nobby, but you have to atleast acknowledge he had the bottle to step up and take it.

Oba scored the pen. He can be a bit eratic at times but he does seem to have a cool head for pens. Not as cool as nobby, but you have to atleast acknowledge he had the bottle to step up and take it.

So cool he smashed it out of the stadium at Goodison?

The key to being a good penalty taker is technique.

tackles like bartons have been given as a red before, like the 1 that was made on martins last season in a similar position. cant remember who is was against tho.

would have been harsh tho!

against blackburn, was it henchoz?

So cool he smashed it out of the stadium at Goodison?

The key to being a good penalty taker is technique.

Shearer had the most over-rated penalty scoring ability I've ever known.  Don't recall too much debate about him taking them

I cant even remember when Shearer missed a pen?

2 out 100 or something?

is that overrated?

Shearer had the perfect pen, high, hard and out of chance for the goalie to take.

Off the top of my head....Mackems, Fulham, Belgrade, Liverpool (before it was re-taken). Sure he missed 6 or so.

Can remember three penalties he missed at home - One against Ipswich, one against the Mackems and that time he won a Volkwagen Beetle Cabriolet against Belgrade.

like i said further up...why try to doubt martins and compare him with shearer?

he took the pen under vast amounts of pressure...and he scored! he didnt miss so dont try to ask why he took it etc...

he took the pen under vast amounts of pressure...and he scored! he didnt miss so dont try to ask why he took it etc...

Do you think he should be our regular pen taker, then?

2 out 100 or something?

is that overrated?

Shearer had the perfect pen, high, hard and out of chance for the goalie to take.

Off the top of my head....Mackems, Fulham, Belgrade, Liverpool (before it was re-taken). Sure he missed 6 or so.

10 or so IIRC

Do you think he should be our regular pen taker, then?

yes

2 out 100 or something?

is that overrated?

The awful one against Ipswich at home in the 2-2. Villa and Wolves at home, both 1-1. Can't be many more than that.

2 out 100 or something?

is that overrated?

who could forget being 1-2 down to the Makems at home and Sorensen saved his Penalty in the last minute?

:weep:

I'd personally let Milner take the penalties.

I think Milner was the only one to miss in the shootout at Watford and Shearer missed a good amount but its one of those urban myths that he never missed any.

Wolves 2004, Blackburn in the cup at home and away at Birmingham etc

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ShearerGoalDetail/0,,10278~757307,00.html

I'd personally let Milner take the penalties.

I think Milner was the only one to miss in the shootout at Watford and Shearer missed a good amount but its one of those urban myths that he never missed any.

Wolves 2004, Blackburn in the cup at home and away at Birmingham etc

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ShearerGoalDetail/0,,10278~757307,00.html

Forgot the Fulham one at home. Nearly cleared the stand with it.