Another takeover rumour...

Guest Ridzuan

Guest Ridzuan
Sam Allardyce’s Newcastle future will be thrown into doubt once again in the new year amid a £200millon takeover battle for the club.

A mystery Singapore consortium is on the verge of launching a megabucks bid to buy out Newcastle’s current owner Mike Ashley.

And if the deal goes ahead, manager Allardyce will be facing another uncertain time under his third set of owners since arriving at St James’ Park.

Though Ashley insists he has no plans to sell the Premier League strugglers just six months after buying it for £170m, the signs are he is ready to listen to serious offers.

And, after such a torrid start to his reign in the north east, the loaded retail sports magnate, worth £1.9billion, may well find the interest from Singapore too tempting.

Our source said: “The talk is that £200m would be enough to buy Newcastle – and it could happen early in 2008.”

If he cuts the deal, Ashley will walk away having banked a whopping £30m from his investment – or £100,000 for each day in charge.

Nice work if you can get it – but the news from the Far East is a major blow for Allardyce, coming so soon after the Geordies’ draw with Arsenal and yesterday’s 2-1 win over Birmingham earned him crucial breathing space.

That point against the league leaders resulted in chairman Ashley issuing his manager with a third vote of confidence in as many weeks.

But, tellingly, he refused to give Allardyce any long-term security – admitting only that his position was not under ‘immediate’ threat.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/27742/New-Toon-takeover-plan-hits-Allardyce

I dont know how to react to this.Being a Singaporean,it would be a massive thing if this is true,but being a Newcastle fan,I am happy with the current management team,with Ashley being so wonderful and Mort being very helpful.I cant say whether this is true or not,the Express is not the most reliable of a source but Im just curious to find out what you think.

"chairman Ashley"

Well for one thing, Chris Mort is chairman and Mike Ashley is the owner but I wouldn't expect a newspaper to get a little fact like the correct.

Would £200 Million cover the purchase price of the club plus the £45 million Ashley has paid out of his own pocket to reduce (clear?) the clubs debts?

Probably just another newspaper shit stirring story.

"chairman Ashley"

Well for one thing, Chris Mort is chairman and Mike Ashley is the owner but I wouldn't expect a newspaper to get a little fact like the correct.

Would £200 Million cover the purchase price of the club plus the £45 million Ashley has paid out of his own pocket to reduce (clear?) the clubs debts?

Probably just another newspaper shit stirring story.

Ashley has paid off £100m in debt, so he's spent about £240m on the club including transfers as well.

It was predicted yesterday that with a win, the press would try a different negative angle, and today our owner is out for a quick profit, and we are in trouble over not fully providing information on transfers.

Guest Brewcastle

A sure sign we're doing well again. if we're poor - Sam has 1, 2, 3 games before he's sacked. if we win - Takeover talk

bluerazz.gif

putting all our ideas into one big mad scheme, could we think of something daft that is going to happen to the club?  I'd be more than happy to ring one of the rags (probably The Sun) pretending to be an ITK and try and sell them my story.

I'd also love it if they came back to me, then a week later I revealed my identity and they said "so this isn't true?" and I just said "hahahaha is it fuck, fuck off back to your daft little campaign to get Mourinho as England manager and playing with your willies over page 3 girls you fucking neanderthalic pricks"

Christ Almighty! :lol:

I tell you what, Mort should make a general statement to the press - "every newspaper who publishes shit like this will not be let into the ground on matchdays." Make some sort of stand against these arseholes desperate to upset the apple cart. Only in football journalism can you get away with publishing blatant lies every day, it's astonishing.

Premier League strugglers ffs. Aye we're 10th, knocking on the door of the Championship. :rolleyes:  Sod off!

Big double page spread in today's Sunday Sun, in depth interview with Mort who basically lays into all the shit that the papers have come up with in recent weeks.

Main points:

- He is not a puppet. He is running the club, not Ashley.

- Ashley doesn't want to sell the club

- Ashley is a supporter and loves watching the games. He is there to support, not take control

- Think Allardyce is the right man for the job. Have never considered anyone else

- Him and Allardyce are very frustrated about the crap that the national papers are printing

- Already making plans for next Summer

- Will not make any big name signings in January, only youngsters for the future

Big double page spread in today's Sunday Sun, in depth interview with Mort who basically lays into all the shit that the papers have come up with in recent weeks.

Main points:

- Ashley is a supporter and loves watching the games. He is there to support, not take control

- Think Allardyce is the right man for the job. Have never considered anyone else

- Him and Allardyce are very frustrated about the crap that the national papers are printing

- Will not make any big name signings in January, only youngsters for the future

Potentially rules Arshavin out then.

Big double page spread in today's Sunday Sun, in depth interview with Mort who basically lays into all the s*** that the papers have come up with in recent weeks.

Main points:

Depends on what they mean by "big names". Could be players like Deco, Riquleme etc who they are speaking of.

Big double page spread in today's Sunday Sun, in depth interview with Mort who basically lays into all the s*** that the papers have come up with in recent weeks.

Main points:

Depends on what they mean by "big names". Could be players like Deco, Riquleme etc who they are speaking of.

"If I made any signings in January, they'd be young guys. Not immediate first team regulars"

;D Biggest load of crap i've heard in a while! The express was clearly having a slow day and thought they would stir some sh*t up! All the facts are completely off and I think the figure would have to be closer to 300 million for Ashley to even glance at it. But the fact is, he is a billionaire and he is having some fun with his latest investment! I don't think it's all about money with Ashley and Newcastle, its about making history in a sport that he loves with a team that are the biggest underachievers in premiership history!