Derby County @ Home - Sunday 23rd December

Skirge

i hope Allardyce doesn't insist on playing more than one defensive midfielder again.. in fact, i reckon there's no need to play Butt in this game.. Geremi must be dropped, Smith must not play in midfield, so that leaves a midfield of:

Milner - Barton - Emre - Zog

.. which should be capable of creating opportunities against Derby

This is definately the game to bring Enrique back into the first team, I doubt whether he would be particularly stretched by Derby's romps upfield.

The perfect game to introduce the stable 4 4 2 formation and grab us a few goals to make the fans happy.

The above post from Supertoon has a very balanced team that would do very well against Derby in my opinion (as well as his!)

------------Given

Beye--Taylor--Cacapa--Enrique

-------------Faye-------------

---Barton--------Emre-----

Milner---------------------Zog

------------Viduka

Faye should be first choice DM when fit. More athleticism than butt, passing is slightly better (although not hard) and is a beast in the air, giving us the benefit of playing cacapa (great experience) and Taylor (young, passionate and developing) as well as taking out Nicky Butt (reason enough on its own surely?). Faye at DM also gives emre and barton licence to get passed Viduka, as one of the midfield 3 should be doing, ala cahill and osman at everton, or fabregash at arse, or dyer at west ham hahahahahhaha

Depending who's fit of course....

4-4-2

Given

Beye Taylor Rozenhal Enrique

Milner Faye Barton Zog

Martins Smith

4-4-3

Given

Barton  Faye  Emre

Martins Smith Zog

Both sensible.  :thup:

Well maybe Ashley can have a word with Blatter about the 4-4-3 just in time for the game? :p

Agree with the line ups in principle. Smith should NEVER EVER play in midfield again!!

4-4-2

Given

Milner Faye Barton Zog

Martins Smith

4-4-3

Given

Barton  Faye  Emre

Martins Smith Zog

Well maybe Ashley can have a word with Blatter about the 4-4-3 just in time for the game? :p

Agree with the line ups in principle. Smith should NEVER EVER play in midfield again!!

:lol:

Guest Guinness

I'd go with:

Given

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Milner Butt Barton N'Zogbia

Martins Viduka

I'm usually all for keeping a winning formation and I can see the arguement behind keeping the defence the same after a clean sheet but Rozehnal and Cacapa really struggled with Howard away at Derby. It was clear the midfiled was unbalanced against Fulham which is why I'd like to see N'Zogbia and Milner on the wings.

As much as i agree with most people that i'd prefer to see 442, it wont happen. Sam will stick with the same starting line unless their are injuries.

Will be interesting to see whether Duff gets a place on the bench and what his impact may be. We could desperately do with a fit and in form Duff in our side.

I'm starting to think that the reason he plays Rozenhal and Faye or Rozenhal and Cacapa as his preferred CB partnership  is to do with communication. Cacapa, Beye, Rozenhal, N'Zogbia and Faye all speak French. Enrique only speaks Spanish as far as i'm aware and i'm pretty sure Taylor only speaks English. 4 defenders who speak the same language = clean sheet.   

It makes sense to have a back line who share a common language but Taylor has had a couple of good games at the back and looked a real threat going forward.

I don't think dropping him sends a very positive message. Play well, score a goal and i'll reward you with a place on the bench.

Eh?

4-4-2

Given

Milner Faye Barton Zog

Martins Smith

4-4-3

Given

Barton  Faye  Emre

Martins Smith Zog

Good spot. Glad it was just the title though.

4-4-2

Given

Milner Faye Barton Zog

Martins Smith

4-4-3

Given

Barton  Faye  Emre

Martins Smith Zog

i'm not totally convinced that 4-3-3 is the way to go - but if we are looking to do that i think that barton and emre as the two att. cm's would be the only sensible way. and the front trio you mention is also the best option, with milner coming on for either of matins and zoggy if required

I'm starting to think that the reason he plays Rozenhal and Faye or Rozenhal and Cacapa as his preferred CB partnership  is to do with communication. Cacapa, Beye, Rozenhal, N'Zogbia and Faye all speak French. Enrique only speaks Spanish as far as i'm aware and i'm pretty sure Taylor only speaks English. 4 defenders who speak the same language = clean sheet.   

It makes sense to have a back line who share a common language but Taylor has had a couple of good games at the back and looked a real threat going forward.

I don't think dropping him sends a very positive message. Play well, score a goal and i'll reward you with a place on the bench.

Eh?

Think he's refering to the arsenal goal..

Eh?

...what about the reward? That's what I'm on about.

Eh?

...what about the reward?

Think he' refering to the irony in putting him on the bench after playing well (in his opinion) and scoring a goal, is a funny way to reward someone.

Eh?

Think he' refering to the irony in putting him on the bench after playing well (in his opinion) and scoring a goal, is a funny way to reward someone.

I must have missed it when he was put on the bench.

Eh?

He hasn't been, yet... People (including Steve69) are just saying might he be and steve is presenting an argument for why he shouldn't!

Eh?

He hasn't been, yet... People (including Steve69) are just saying might he be and steve is presenting an argument for why he shouldn't!

What's the point of what the geezer has posted? It makes no sense at all.

The fact is, Taylor isn't in danger of being dropped "after playing well and scoring a goal." He's lost his place due to injury, which is very different.