Today's games

iklgizmo

Wasn't that long ago people were banging on about how great Keane was and how he will be a fantastic manager because he is a "born winner" :lol:

I think it's too early to judge, i don't think you can argue he's done a very good job upto now, the run they went on to winning the league last year was impressive considering the start they made.

He did a good job but I said at the time when you spend that sort of money its not that difficult to get players in the championship who will instantly improve your team but the premiership is a completely different story.

He may well go on to be a good manager but I think a few went way OTT with the "born winner" shite and expecting Sunderland to really do anything in the league this season. At this moment in time I don't think he has proved to be any better than your Jewell, Dowie, Boothroyd etc but some had him down as the next big thing.

He did a good job but I said at the time when you spend that sort of money its not that difficult to get players in the championship who will instantly improve your team but the premiership is a completely different story.

He may well go on to be a good manager but I think a few went way OTT with the "born winner" shite and expecting Sunderland to really do anything in the league this season. At this moment in time I don't think he has proved to be any better than your Jewell, Dowie, Boothroyd etc but some had him down as the next big thing.

What more could he have done? He won them the league first season, i don't think you can say he won't be a excellent manager if he doesn't get Sunderland into Europe 1st season, it doesn't work like that.

Wasn't that long ago people were banging on about how great Keane was and how he will be a fantastic manager because he is a "born winner" :lol:

I think it's too early to judge, i don't think you can argue he's done a very good job upto now, the run they went on to winning the league last year was impressive considering the start they made.

Sunderland manager doing well in the Championship they all do that

I had a bet with a few mates a year ago that Keane wouldn't see Xmas 07 out as scum manager, im disapointed and suprised he's proved me wrong.

As a manager he has won a shit league with a relegated team (who should be near the top) then wasted £30-odd million quid on shite in the summer and ended up with one of the worst five teams in the prem. Most people reckon they'll do enough to stay up, and still its 50/50. Fuckin hope they go down, cunts.

Relegation is now about 5 teams (Wigan, Scum, Brum, Fulham, Boro) battled for 3 safety spots. I'm pretty sure Derby are down, and Bolton and spuds will be safe. All depends on the scum pickin up home points - they have Bolton, Boro, Brum and Wigan all at home and need max points IMO.

I thoroughly enjoyed our game against Speccy's lot today. A few observations.

1. We should have definitely taken three points. The MotD highlights are deceiving, we played very well indeed in spells.

2. John Carew was just awesome, awesome today. We're in a spell now which is the first in which he has been really fully fit, and you can see the benefits.

3. Elano - really disappointing.

4. City - I was disappointed, didn't really offer a great deal. They looked a bit tired (although in fairness, so did we at times).

5. City fans - really surprised, very quiet. Almost all of them sat down, too, which is odd as the stewards at VP never moan at standing away fans.

6. Referee - fecking useless.

1. We should have definitely taken three points. The MotD highlights are deceiving, we played very well indeed in spells.

2. John Carew was just awesome, awesome today. We're in a spell now which is the first in which he has been really fully fit, and you can see the benefits.

4. City - I was disappointed, didn't really offer a great deal. They looked a bit tired (although in fairness, so did we at times).

5. City fans - really surprised, very quiet. Almost all of them sat down, too, which is odd as the stewards at VP never moan at standing away fans.

NRC cocked it up at the end like, was a simple pass to Moore.

NRC cocked it up at the end like, was a simple pass to Moore.

I know.

I've been a critic of his of late, but other than that fuck up (to Agbonlahor, Moore is persona non grata and leaving), he was excellent today

1. Spells? I presume you mean minutes 12-45. Second half was dead, hardly a chance in it. There was nowt in it really in the end for all your pressure.

2. Yep. Gave Dunne the runaround esp 1st half.

3. Well marshalled by NRC

4. We've only used about 14 players on a regular basis all season. Clearly suffering at the mo.

I thought Michael Ball was excellent btw.

Darius Vassell....wasn't. The mind boggling omission of Bianchi has long since passed...now we have to contend with the mind boggling inclusion of Vassell. Awful.

Amusing that the scum lost in such a dubious way, I'd be well pissed if we lost a goal against like that.

Personally I think it was over, i freeze framed the clip on here, and would say it was over. How the hell a linesman can give it though...