Alan Smith

tmonkey

If the board and staff don't see him challenging for the first team spot why don't they do the same as they did with Barton and tell he's available for free? Probably wouldn't go anyway as no club is crazy enough to offer him a decent wage to rival his current contract but after all everybody says Smith is a model professional so you would think his aim is to play football...so worth the gamble definitely or is it a gable at all...

If the board and staff don't see him challenging for the first team spot why don't they do the same as they did with Barton and tell he's available for free? Probably wouldn't go anyway as no club is crazy enough to offer him a decent wage to rival his current contract but after all everybody says Smith is a model professional so you would think his aim is to play football...so worth the gamble definitely or is it a gable at all...

Pretty sure that is exactly what they did weeks ago (7th of June was when most press reported it).

There's no fucking point in making a press announcement telling the world that Alan Smith is available on a free. They might as well host a conference letting the world that I'd be available on a free. At least I'd drum up some interest at the odd Sunday League side.

Alan Smith is too shit for any good teams, and too expensive for any bad teams. We're stuck with him.

There's no fucking point in making a press announcement telling the world that Alan Smith is available on a free. They might as well host a conference letting the world that I'd be available on a free. At least I'd drum up some interest at the odd Sunday League side.

Alan Smith is too shit for any good teams, and too expensive for any bad teams. We're stuck with him.

:yeah:

I´m going to flag at full-mast on july 1st 2012, and make it an annual ritual in the hope that I never see such a player ever again in the b&w shirt. He is the last one left after Xisco departed of the mediocre-to-bad players-on-huge-wages group. It will truly signal the end of an era.

I´m going to flag at full-mast on july 1st 2012, and make it an annual ritual in the hope that I never see such a player ever again in the b&w shirt. He is the last one left after Xisco departed of the mediocre-to-bad players-on-huge-wages group. It will truly signal the end of an era.

Hate to say this, but Xisco will be back with us next year. :(

Hate to say this, but Xisco will be back with us next year. :(

:suicide:

• 2 weeks later...

How many years does this useless git still have on his contract? Can't imagine he and Barton were on completely different levels of wages. If we can peddle the latter for free, surely we'd be better off paying up the rest of Smith's contrat? If he's so influential in the dressing room, then why not cancel his playing contract and offer him a "coaching role"?