Alan Smith

tmonkey

Comparisons between Smith and Nolan are absolutely ridiculous tbh.

Not really. They are/were both expensive Allardyce buys and neither are fit enough to attract top flight interest.

WAHEY!

:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:omg: :omg: :omg:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3712007/Alan-Smith-has-been-offered-a-chance-with-Orlando-City.html

ALAN SMITH has been given the chance to revive his flagging career with a switch to Orlando City.

The Newcastle ace, 30, spoke about the move with Lions chief Adrian Heath in the build-up to Toon's 1-0 defeat by the Americans on Saturday.

Smith has one year left on his whopping £60,000-per-week deal at St James' Park.

The midfielder - who has not scored since his £6million move four years ago - has property in Florida.

Orlando currently play in the second tier of football in the States but have plans to become an MLS franchise.

Heath told SunSport: "At the moment he wants to sit out the last year of his contract so I may have to wait."

:fwap:

Was this what Jose was talking about. Had he been given assurances that Smith was staying as he was a key part of the pep-squad but now it appears the whole tour to america was an elaborate hoax to try and offload him to some unsuspecting bunch of Yanks on the premise he once played for Man Utd and England. It's just lie after lie after lie from this board!

Guest ItalianMagpie

Heath told SunSport: "At the moment he wants to sit out the last year of his contract so I may have to wait."

Either I'm missing the point or Smith will still be here at the start of the season  ???

Either I'm missing the point or Smith will still be here at the start of the season  ???

Nope, we need to change the thread title back to 'We're still fucking stuck with him' with the addition of 'until he joins Orlando next year as nobody else want to give him money and even they aren't stupid enough to pay him anywhere near what we are'.