Alan Smith

tmonkey

i've had it with Smith, his attitude is great but he's been absolute bollocks for us, sad to say but half the player that c*** Dyer is

Correct. It would have hurt me to say it too.

Can you imagine how good Dyer COULD have been if he wasn't such a malingering self-obsessed disloyal b*st*rd ?

Speaking of which - the OTHER Newcastle - West Ham - are only doing a little better than us, I see......

And Baggio - your avatar - is it Viduka or Benny Hill ?

Quotes on the official website from Allardyce saying that Smith is going to continue being captain over January, in other words he'll play every game. He's impressed with his 'tenacity', why not just play a dog?

Because a dog couldn't win a pen in the last minute of a game nor could it draw in 3 opposition defenders to give Viduka space?

Only a guess like...................

Draw in 3 defenders?! He f****** fell over man! mackems.gif

The defender then tried to clear it but Viduka took it off his boot and placed it in the bottom corner, you're either clutching at straws to convince yourself he's any good or you're completely f****** clueless, judging from your comment on how you would have Butt, Milner and Smith over Laurent Robert every day of the week pushes towards the latter.

It's people like you that bum the dross like Smith, Milner, Butt, Taylor etc because they give 100% and get stuck in yet go home scratching your head as to the reason why we're so f****** s***, you just don't get it do you? These players are not good enough if we've got any sort of ambition as a club and would struggle to get in the teams that are challenging for the Uefa cup let alone the top 4.

Clueless.

Good Evening Mr Negative,

You know what? I'd take Jimmy Milner over Robert EVERY day of the week.

I'd take him over Gillespie too.

Thats the thing about a football forum, it's about opinions and people being prepared to say what they think.

The difference between you and I, is that I'm positive and constructive not a negative, whinging b****** happy to slag off any of our players at every single opportunity.

Grow up you miserable little t***.

That is the single most senseless post I have seen in ages. Mental. Really is.

Allardyce has reacted angrily to criticism of the player he has chosen to lead the side on the pitch when Geremi leaves to play in the African Cup of Nations in January as he insisted Smith’s performances up front have been a key factor in his side’s four-game unbeaten run. When asked whether he had given Smith the captain’s armband in an effort to boost his confidence, Allardyce was unequivocal in his support for his £6m signing.

He said: “Alan isn’t struggling for form, that’s your opinion and you’re a Press man so it’s not my opinion. I think he has led the line for us on this mini-recovery we’ve had extremely well and has been one of the reasons for it. He hasn’t scored yet, which he is disappointed with.

“But what he has created for others, what he has brought out of the players around him and the results we have had, he has been pivotal.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2007/12/26/leader-alan-is-reason-for-revival-sam-61634-20286406/

Allardyce has reacted angrily to criticism of the player he has chosen to lead the side on the pitch when Geremi leaves to play in the African Cup of Nations in January as he insisted Smiths performances up front have been a key factor in his sides four-game unbeaten run. When asked whether he had given Smith the captains armband in an effort to boost his confidence, Allardyce was unequivocal in his support for his £6m signing.

He said: Alan isnt struggling for form, thats your opinion and youre a Press man so its not my opinion. I think he has led the line for us on this mini-recovery weve had extremely well and has been one of the reasons for it. He hasnt scored yet, which he is disappointed with.

But what he has created for others, what he has brought out of the players around him and the results we have had, he has been pivotal.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2007/12/26/leader-alan-is-reason-for-revival-sam-61634-20286406/

I agree, and he's also a useful midfield player.

The anti-Smith movement has me shaking my head a bit. I can only think that because he often plays like thug, people are assuming that's all there is to his game.

Allardyce has reacted angrily to criticism of the player he has chosen to lead the side on the pitch when Geremi leaves to play in the African Cup of Nations in January as he insisted Smiths performances up front have been a key factor in his sides four-game unbeaten run. When asked whether he had given Smith the captains armband in an effort to boost his confidence, Allardyce was unequivocal in his support for his £6m signing.

He said: Alan isnt struggling for form, thats your opinion and youre a Press man so its not my opinion. I think he has led the line for us on this mini-recovery weve had extremely well and has been one of the reasons for it. He hasnt scored yet, which he is disappointed with.

But what he has created for others, what he has brought out of the players around him and the results we have had, he has been pivotal.

The anti-Smith movement has me shaking my head a bit. I can only think that because he often plays like thug, people are assuming that's all there is to his game.

another person who thinks its down to personal dislike. it's because he's a very mediocre footballer, if you can't get your head round that i worry for your sanity.

another person who thinks its down to personal dislike. it's because he's a very mediocre footballer, if you can't get your head round that i worry for your sanity.

ditto.... basically i was liking smith when he still a striker.... but now i think he just another crap. he just lost his touch as a striker at MU... we really shouldn't bought him at first place... player instinct of position basically build up when he still young player... but after he got old and the switch sides... he doesn't have that instinct... rarely players could manage switch position at older age.... usually switch sides is between DM & CB, RM & LM , or RB & LB.... never seen striker can be quality midfield... especially smith... when at MU being form as DM (type of battler ala gattuso)

Diouf is a tit and I hate him as a bloke. Would I have him in the team at the moment? Too right I would.

Allardyce has reacted angrily to criticism of the player he has chosen to lead the side on the pitch when Geremi leaves to play in the African Cup of Nations in January as he insisted Smith’s performances up front have been a key factor in his side’s four-game unbeaten run. When asked whether he had given Smith the captain’s armband in an effort to boost his confidence, Allardyce was unequivocal in his support for his £6m signing.

He said: “Alan isn’t struggling for form, that’s your opinion and you’re a Press man so it’s not my opinion. I think he has led the line for us on this mini-recovery we’ve had extremely well and has been one of the reasons for it. He hasn’t scored yet, which he is disappointed with.

“But what he has created for others, what he has brought out of the players around him and the results we have had, he has been pivotal.”

QFT.

Nicky Butt dropped to accommodate Smith in the holding role, anyone want to guess who's foul gave away the free kick Wigan scored from?

He must be shagging Allardyce or something because there's no other explanation how he's getting picked every week.

Nicky Butt dropped to accommodate Smith in the holding role, anyone want to guess who's foul gave away the free kick Wigan scored from?

He must be shagging Allardyce or something because there's no other explanation how he's getting picked every week.

:lol:

He's just not a midfielder at all, baffling decision from Sam.

He is so bad it's scary.

The foul he committed to give Ryan Taylor, who scored last season and had already warmed up his right foot, another shooting opportunity was the action of someone who doesn't have a fucking brain in his skull.

He is so bad it's scary.

The foul he committed to give Ryan Taylor, who scored last season and had already warmed up his right foot, another shooting opportunity was the action of someone who doesn't have a fucking brain in his skull.

:idiot2:

Stupid tackle in a place where he could have simply shephered the player away from goal. Totally moronic and it was bloody obvious what was going to happen from there. The bloke seems to think his purpose on the field is to get booked.

I think this best explains why people have turned against Sam and why it does appear that he has either lost the plot or is trying to lose his job deliberately. Top of this page had a quote from Sam saying Smith has lead the line very well in the last couple of games....

then he goes and drops a bloke who natural position it is and put Smith in his place (whose natural position it isnt).

Its beyond reasonable explanation

I still think he could do a job when Owen's fit up front, but then only. Thought Sam had seen that he was shit in midfield and moved him away from there permanently, which I gave him credit for. Only to move him back where his qualities are wasted again.

He is so bad it's scary.

Stupid tackle in a place where he could have simply shephered the player away from goal. Totally moronic and it was bloody obvious what was going to happen from there. The bloke seems to think his purpose on the field is to get booked.

And aren't you happy to have yet another negative to highlight.....

Do you sit in the Gallowgate at home matches by any chance?

Smith is a player with the attributes to play up front, not as a midfielder. He needs time to get into it but the football retards on this forum had written him off before he even kicked a ball here for some reason, which kind of points toward it being a "dislike of the person" no matter how much people can protest otherwise. The same idiots have been writing off Duff.

Some people need to step back and take a good look at themselves.

I think Smith's a smashing lad, but a terrible fucking footballer in midfield. And unless he finds his Leeds form back, a terrible footballer all around.

A smashing lad though, I'd probably have sex with him if I were gay. Happy, everyone?