Alan Smith

tmonkey

I really don't understand why we haven't taken the opportunity to offload him, surely upgrading this position is not exactly difficult, the player offers nothing, absolutely nothing and is likely on huge wages to boot. Even if we get a replacement in that's a bit of a gamble, we'll save a bunch on wages.

I really don't understand why we haven't taken the opportunity to offload him, surely upgrading this position is not exactly difficult, the player offers nothing, absolutely nothing and is likely on huge wages to boot. Even if we get a replacement in that's a bit of a gamble, we'll save a bunch on wages.

You don't understand? I'd have thought it was fairly bloody obvious.

• 3 weeks later...

Out for 3 months..

njury could see Smith out for three months

IT was a case of one step forward and one step back for Newcastle United’s caretaker manager Chris Hughton yesterday as good news regarding Habib Beye’s recovery from injury was immediately countered by fears that Alan Smith could be out for the next three months.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/17/injury-could-see-smith-out-for-three-months-61634-21835122/

Out for 3 months..

njury could see Smith out for three months

IT was a case of one step forward and one step back for Newcastle United’s caretaker manager Chris Hughton yesterday as good news regarding Habib Beye’s recovery from injury was immediately countered by fears that Alan Smith could be out for the next three months.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/17/injury-could-see-smith-out-for-three-months-61634-21835122/

yay

Damn, just when I thought he was about to come of age and lead our frontline.

His 'coming of age' happened before he knacked himself. We are now just waiting for his 'coming of transfer'.

Shola however, there's someone who has yet to come of age. I blame god, tbh.

Can't believe anyone thinks that Smith being injured actually affects the club in any way at all.

It can actually because hopefully he'll be insured, we will be getting more value from him now he's injured, with the insurance company picking up part of his wages. :)

Can't believe anyone thinks that Smith being injured actually affects the club in any way at all.

It can actually because hopefully he'll be insured, we will be getting more value from him now he's injured, with the insurance company picking up part of his wages. :)

hope old smudger is still there to keep up spirits at the training ground with his witty banter.

• 5 months later...

Smith is like Geremi, neither one can be played in the same team as Nicky Butt otherwise you end up with a disfunctioning midfield. It isn't Smith in particular who is the problem, all three are. The damage is limited with each less one involved.

Smith was an absolute disgrace to the shirt today. There was ONE moment when he stripped a Hull player of the ball, and made a positive run finding Martins who set up Jonas for a shot. Other than the scum bastard walked around the pitch, got in the way of teammates, and insisted on passing the ball every fucking time, even if it meant putting one of our own under pressure.

Useless cunt! At least put some effort into anything other than your shitty tackling you fuckneck!