Alan Smith

tmonkey

http://nsno.co.uk/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?528313

This is a fantastic read so far. They're slowly talking themselves into it. Someone mentioned Smith being able to keep Cahill "on his toes"

I'll be goddamned if they don't know what's coming.

It's true what they say about people from Liverpool. They're all natural comedians: -

DaveCarsley1203

The Geordies make me laugh. Believe every word that comes out of King Kev's mouth. "He's got a sore ankle" so he's definitely got a sore ankle and that ends the debate there...

Yeah okay. Keegan plays the game like everybody else.

Dom1878

He was good at leeds, and good at United, its just Newcastel played him out of place, hes a great player, and Moyes can easily change him back to what he onece was. Itll be a steal if we get him under £3 million

Ever-TONY-an

Do you know what, I honestly think this is a good signing, especially if it is a decent price. He's not a great striker, he's not a great midfielder. But he certainly plays that supporting role very well.

dax78

Cant believe so many people dont think this will be a good signing. I believe moyse can get the best out of him, he will give 100 percent for the team, do the donkey work for yak and chip in with more goal than aj and vic ever would IMO. For 2mil i think its great value

Chris

I'm happy with Smith. As Dax says, great value for money. Whats the worst that can happen?!

GraemeOC

Get him in asap, bargain at that price. You can say hes s*** n a dirty player all day long but hes the type of player you hate until he plays for you.

imo he'd bring more to our game than aj, is better than vic and an absolute b****** to play against when on form.

Wow after hearing all that, what the hell are we doing contemplating selling this guy, sounds like an absolute monster :)

Guest Stephen927

We'd be crazy to sell him.

He gets 20 goals a season for me on FM08 (no joke). It's just a case of bad management.

1. Keep Smith

2. New contract worth £80k a week

3. ??

4. PROFIT!!!

If we were in Everton's situation, with that size of squad and those mix of players we'd be just as desperate and we would be writing the exact same things here.

I thought we were desperate? And I thought they didn't need anyone? ???

If we were in Everton's situation, with that size of squad and those mix of players we'd be just as desperate and we would be writing the exact same things here.

I think similar things were said last summer

Guest Stephen927

He gets 20 goals a season for me on FM08 (no joke). It's just a case of bad management.

And people say that programme is realistic.

The same game were Habib Beye has an average rating of 5.17 in the last season for me.  :lol:

And people say that program is realistic.

It is when you run it over with the pre game editor.

My DB plays perfectly. Smith is wank and you'd struggle to give him away.  :razz:

What mix of players is that then? We still probably have the best first 11 outside the top 4.

We just need to boost numbers.

I thought we were desperate? And I thought they didn't need anyone? ???

In all seriousness I think they are probably the most desperate team in the league at the moment. Who have they signed? They have let half a dozen players leave brought in no one and they already had a smaller squad then us.

What mix of players is that then? We still probably have the best first 11 outside the top 4.

Who is your starting 11 ?

That last line is my point.

What happens if Cahill's injury has a major set back and you have injuries to two of your starting XI like say Arteta and/or Yak?

Most teams have prolonged injuries to at least 2 of their starting XI and Everton would be the most effected by that. I would imagine many of your supporters would agree with me.

That last line is my point.

What happens if Cahill's injury has a major set back and you have injuries to two of your starting XI like say Arteta and/or Yak?

Most teams have prolonged injuries to at least 2 of their starting XI and Everton would be the most effected by that. I would imagine many of your supporters would agree with me.

Ok. I thought you were making a separate point than just the squad size because of the way you phrased it.

Hard to disagree with that everton were excellent last year but your yet to strength although clearly you will but so far you havn't and your rivals have. portsmouth, tottenham etc

But if you do get moutinho etc you'll be stronger than the rest below top 4 easily

If this is true, I'd like to propose a ban on ever talking about Smith again. Ever.

I'd second it.  It would be better to just remember last season as one where we inexplicably fielded 10 men on the pitch for portions of games. 

If this is true, I'd like to propose a ban on ever talking about Smith again. Ever.

I'd second it.  It would be better to just remember last season as one where we inexplicably fielded 10 men on the pitch for portions of games. 

And were without a manager for the first half of the season.