Given - Beaten Easily From Long Range Again.

Crumpy Gunt

he hadn't dived. he had planted his feet in anticipation of making a dive and slipped as he tried to change direction to get to a slight deflection that took the ball about 2 foot away from him. he didnt actually go down til well after the shot had been hit. for a premiership keeper that situation should be recoverable nearly 10 times out of 10. leaden footed, shite reactions, crap agility, schoolboy goalkeeping.

How the fuck is Shay Given supposed to know when the ball will be deflected? Have a fucking word if you think he was to blame for that goal.

Mind you, these constant injuries are the worrying thing.

How exactly are you going to deal with a deflection when you've already dived to make a save

Ofcourse he shouldn't have dived but rather waited some time to see what happens...  :lol:

:lol:

Then of course there would be "WTF? Given didn't even move to try and make a save. He's shit, replace him."

Tiny deflection really. He slipped like a seal flopping into the pool at the seal house.

Harper on the other hand made a fantastic reflex save which was 100 times harder from similar range with a bigger deflection.

Tiny deflection really. He slipped like a seal flopping into the pool at the seal house.

Harper on the other hand made a fantastic reflex save which was 100 times harder from similar range with a bigger deflection.

;D

He is certainly having a bad season, he is a strong character though and i think he will recover.

...he will recover only to trip and fall and let next season roll under him.  bluerazz.gif

:lol: Maybe, time will tell i guess.

Have a word for fuck sake, Given was not at all to blame for that goal. It was very unlucky, and I'll happily put all the blame on the other Irish wanker in the defense.

He slipped and failed to save a slow shot he would have otherwise easily got to. How is he not at all to blame?

Agree on Carr (and Duff) btw.

Thought Given was badly to blame for the first goal whatever the circumstances.

I thought, however, that the 2nd goal said a lot more about him generally. The way he was bullied by Harewood and made no attempt whatsoever to dominate his area as the corner came in - terrible goalkeeping.

He's had a bad season and I don't think he'll ever get back to where he was.

Great guy, great keeper. Time to move on.

How the f*** is Shay Given supposed to know when the ball will be deflected? Have a f****** word if you think he was to blame for that goal.

Mind you, these constant injuries are the worrying thing.

The ball was deflected in the same direction and was so slow I thought time had stood still, he should have got it.

He's never recovered form after that injury and as time goes by it's evident he probably never will.  He was never great on crosses but now he looks rooted to his line.  Our defence if often criticised for a lack of strength and ability in the air but a decent keeper would be dealing with a lot of the high stuff so the defenders wouldn't be getting exposed as much.

Vidic and Ferdinand are good defenders but how often do you see them having to challenge for a header from a corner 5 yards out like the second goal today?