The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

only see hutton play twice really against italy and lyon in the champs league in which he was bummed in the face constantly buy the left winger or when ben afra switched flanks seems to have loads of drive/energy going forward though, think ramos likes that type of fullback ala danny alves.

Hutton is a good, but not brilliant attacking full back.

As a rangers fan I have watched him come from being a laughing stock to a 'superstsr' in no less than a year!

Really is umbelievable how the media can hype a player!

Disgusted with Rangers for taking the deal now, David Murray at his work again, saying the bid was too good to turn down, then giving Walter about 2mil of it!

The man is a twat of the highest order and is only in it for his own gain!

I really hope Hutts turns out to be a cracking premiership fb and think he may well under the guidance of an increasingly impressive Ramos.

Rangers selling Hutts and the toon siging noone, its all getting a bit depressing for me! :-[

Just a random thought.... but do we need to kind of get over the concept of "value for money"?

What I mean is do we have to accept that the gloss of playing for NUFC has been somewhat tarnished and until it is back, because we're winning again, we will have to accept paying slightly over the going rate for the players we want?  Do we need to accept that for the moment (until that gloss comes back) we will have to target the players we want and just be prepared to pay whatever it takes to get them in, then once we're consistently winning again other players might be more attracted to the club?

I'm just a little concerned we might be working from an old evaluation of what players were worth 3 or 4 years ago (that is, player of skill X is worth Y where Y is that value from 3 or 4 years ago).  I wonder if we might be missing players because we can't attract them for the moment with the glamour and the glory argument, so we need to waive the cash under their noses for now.

Thoughts?

As a rangers fan I have watched him come from being a laughing stock to a 'superstsr' in no less than a year!

Disgusted with Rangers for taking the deal now, David Murray at his work again, saying the bid was too good to turn down, then giving Walter about 2mil of it!

The man is a t*** of the highest order and is only in it for his own gain!

I really hope Hutts turns out to be a cracking premiership fb and think he may well under the guidance of an increasingly impressive Ramos.

Rangers selling Hutts and the toon siging noone, its all getting a bit depressing for me! :-[

from watching him,would you say beye is better than hutton?

and Samaras is off to Celtic? ???

Ya. He won't last 5 minutes up there.

why not? He`ll probably score a hatful of goals in that mickey mouse league

Mouse in the body of a bull. Not got the heart to take a kicking.

It's strange that mind. When we played Heerenveen in the UEFA a few seasons back, the Radio Newcastle commentators kept going on about how Samaras played as though he was looking for a fight, i.e. more interested in bashing into people and putting himself about than playing football.

I thought he'd do far better at Man City than he has.

The man is a t*** of the highest order and is only in it for his own gain!

from watching him,would you say beye is better than hutton?

Tough decision but I'd probably go with Hutts. He is still young and learning his trade whereas Beye is on top of his game, IMO Hutts has the potential to really go on and be tip-top, but its a couple a years away yet!

Really, really want him to make it though, top blue nose who loves the club!

I honestly think Beye would make an excellent centre half if moved in there, solid, reads the game, decent pace and would allow for a more attacking full back like Chimbonda (good player/questionable attitude!) to fill in there!

It's strange that mind. When we played Heerenveen in the UEFA a few seasons back, the Radio Newcastle commentators kept going on about how Samaras played as though he was looking for a fight, i.e. more interested in bashing into people and putting himself about than playing football.

I saw a video of his debut vs Charlton not so long ago. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, he was running around like an absolute madman, he absolutely battered them. Incredible difference to the Samaras of today. He was never the same after Liam Ridgewell left his studs in his back. He's better than he's shown (Not helped at all by SP playing him on the wing, dropping him for scoring and the boo boys) but I cant see him being up for some of the treatment he's gonna get of some of the teams up there.

I saw a video of his debut vs Charlton not so long ago. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, he was running around like an absolute madman, he absolutely battered them. Incredible difference to the Samaras of today. He was never the same after Liam Ridgewell left his studs in his back. He's better than he's shown (Not helped at all by SP playing him on the wing, dropping him for scoring and the boo boys) but I cant see him being up for some of the treatment he's gonna get of some of the teams up there.

You lot signed a new LB yet? Sven's made some canny signings but Garrido looks scary on MOTD. I'm sure Sven won't put up with that for long or has played ok on the whole?

I thought Chimbonda was going to Villa. We don't want him.

That's crazy money for Hutton after 6 months good form in the SPL.

Sevilla are currently showing the most interest.  Not sure how that move would fit in with Chimbo's hopes of tripling his money............

When Chimbo is in the party everybody put up they hands, he'll get a half-a-mil from the Toon, you pay a couple grand...

Whenever you call him "Chimbo" it reminds me of that song (Give it to me by Timbaland/Nelly Furtado/Timberlake)