The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Haven't you previously slated O'Neill in the transfer market, Brummie?

Yes. He dithers too much, he won't spend the huge amount of money he has at his disposal, and he always, always does his business at the last moment.

I also slated some of his summer signings. Namely Harewood and Knight. I was also unsure about Davies initially.

But look at the evidence, he was right, I was wrong.

That's the thing with him, you just have to trust him, he does things in a weird, fucked up way, he baffles and annoys you in equal measures, but you just have to trust in him to get things right. Frustrating though it is at times.

Well fine, take out the "this is indisputable" then.

1. James Milner is better than Wayne Routledge. It is obvious to me.

2. Martin O'Neill is not very shrewd in the sense of spend little gain big. Harewood, Knight. Young is not cheap, Davies is not cheap.

Point 2.

Marlon Harewood fourth choice striker last seen coming on and changing the game at Anfield, and scoring an overhead kick?

Young at 9.65m is very, very cheap indeed. Seriously, if we'd paid double that, I'd still be happy.

Davies isn't cheap. He's also starting to look like an extremely good footballer who'll last us a long time.

Knight has played over half our games this season. Bar the Man United game, I can't think of any bollocks he dropped, and it didn't stop us getting to 5th place.

Swapping the pointless, expensive, fat failure Baros for the magnificent Carew? Looks like a good "no money involved" deal to me.

Point 1 - I'd still have Milner here.

Come on mate, Harewood is crap! goal at Anfield or not, especially at £4m.

Don't rate Knight either but it has to be said, he hasn't looked out of his depth this season in a team that's doing well so that one has turned out a lot better than expected.

Harewood is a fourth choice striker. Who would we have got who would have been better than him, was available, and prepared to spend a lot of time sat on their arse on the bench?

Same with Knight. He was a fourth choice CB, but as we didn't get a RB, Mellberg ended there which promoted Knight. So Knight got his chance, and he did ok.

MON always said that when Curtis Davies got the shirt, he expected him to keep it, and he has done.

Yes. He dithers too much, he won't spend the huge amount of money he has at his disposal, and he always, always does his business at the last moment.

I also slated some of his summer signings. Namely Harewood and Knight. I was also unsure about Davies initially.

That's the thing with him, you just have to trust him, he does things in a weird, fucked up way, he baffles and annoys you in equal measures, but you just have to trust in him to get things right. Frustrating though it is at times.

Support your manager? Get out of it man, you crackpot!

I like how Brummie is bigging Harewood up after one game when he's been slagging the bloke off for months.

I'm not bigging him up at all. I'm pointing out that as a fourth choice striker, he's not that bad an investment. He did very well last week, I'm happy to admit it. I'm also happy to admit that at the time we bought him, none of us were happy with the signing, none of us.

As i said in the other post, that is the thing with MON, he does some weird, weird things, you just have to trust in him and believe that there is some method in his madness.

Frustrating though it is (and it is)

Support your manager? Get out of it man, you crackpot!

Smallest squad in the PL, about to sell Cahill, no sniff of a signing with 48 hours to go. It is really, really fucking difficult at times, believe me, but that's all you can do. At the end of the day, the guy can point at the league table as vindication of his way of doign things.

I detest how both Villa and us were at equal breaking points at the end of the respective Souness/O'Leary eras. Well, i detest general events that have happened since.

:(

Bollocks to it, though. In Keegan we have faith.

Well fine, take out the "this is indisputable" then.

1. James Milner is better than Wayne Routledge. It is obvious to me.

2. Martin O'Neill is not very shrewd in the sense of spend little gain big. Harewood, Knight. Young is not cheap, Davies is not cheap.

Point 2.

Marlon Harewood fourth choice striker last seen coming on and changing the game at Anfield, and scoring an overhead kick?

Young at 9.65m is very, very cheap indeed. Seriously, if we'd paid double that, I'd still be happy.

Davies isn't cheap. He's also starting to look like an extremely good footballer who'll last us a long time.

Knight has played over half our games this season. Bar the Man United game, I can't think of any bollocks he dropped, and it didn't stop us getting to 5th place.

Swapping the pointless, expensive, fat failure Baros for the magnificent Carew? Looks like a good "no money involved" deal to me.

Point 1 - I'd still have Milner here.

Come on mate, Harewood is crap! goal at Anfield or not, especially at £4m.

Don't rate Knight either but it has to be said, he hasn't looked out of his depth this season in a team that's doing well so that one has turned out a lot better than expected.

Harewood is a fourth choice striker. Who would we have got who would have been better than him, was available, and prepared to spend a lot of time sat on their arse on the bench?

Same with Knight. He was a fourth choice CB, but as we didn't get a RB, Mellberg ended there which promoted Knight. So Knight got his chance, and he did ok.

MON always said that when Curtis Davies got the shirt, he expected him to keep it, and he has done.

You don't have to do any explaining. Every player he has brought in has contributed to your current position, so I don't see what the debate is about.

He has done well with his signings.

Milner is never better then Routledge. You guys have short memories.

We shall see.

what the f*** are you talking about? What has Routledge done since he moved to spurs exactly? Ooooh so he's got pace and few tricks.......... :clap: :clap: :clap:  At least Milner was playing well last season and was an important player for us.

We shall see.

what the f*** are you talking about? What has Routledge done since he moved to spurs exactly? Ooooh so he's pace and few tricks..... :clap: :clap: :clap:  At least Milner was playing well last season and was an important player for us.

He can't show much if he isn't being played can he?

He carried Palace on his shoulders in that one season when they only went down on the last day. Do you remember?

Look, let's just wait and see what happens eh?

Milner? ... pfffft!

Point 2.

2.1 Harewood costs a few millions - not big waste but this definitely does not qualify as shwred business

2.2 You maybe right.

2.3 You maybe wrong.

2.4 You are right but still not oustanding for his transfer cost.

2.5 You are right.

2.6 You forgot Carson who is definitely a shrewd buy.

2.7 In conclusion you are probably Martin O'Neill could be classified as a shrewd transfer operator in overall.

I detest how both Villa and us were at equal breaking points at the end of the respective Souness/O'Leary eras. Well, i detest general events that have happened since.

:(

Bollocks to it, though. In Keegan we have faith.

We were once in the same bracket with Liverpool. Liverpool went for Benitez, we went for Souness.

We shall see.

what the f*** are you talking about? What has Routledge done since he moved to spurs exactly? Ooooh so he's pace and few tricks..... :clap: :clap: :clap:  At least Milner was playing well last season and was an important player for us.

He carried Palace on his shoulders in that one season when they only went down on the last day. Do you remember?

Milner? ... pfffft!

Yeah ok! :lol: Never heard of Andy Johnson?

We shall see.

Milner? ... pfffft!

Yeah ok! :lol: Never heard of Andy Johnson?

Andy Johnson fell over and scored some penalties.

Routledge created all the opportunities for that team.

Like I said let's wait and see eh?

Guest kingdawson

interesting that spuds seem to be completly ovehauling there back 4 when i always put there defensive weaknesses came from a weak as ace lager midfield ?

A defensive midfielder will definatly be bought in, in the summer. We tried for both Tiago (who isnt really a dm) and Diarra but were unsuccessful. Our January dealings will probably look like:

In

Woodgate £7mill

Hutton £8mill

Gilberto £1.5 mill

Gunter £2 mill

Out

Ghaly loan

Chimbonda £6.5 mill

Routledge £2.5 mill

Gardner £2 mill

Stalteri 500k

Ok i suppose but would rather keep Chimbonda and not sign Hutton (not based on ability either). Spurs fans have pretty much turned on Pascal so it may be best for him to go though.

i hope we get some quality in soon, and i mean quickly, i don't we'll have a chance of going down, but at least bring in some creativity in midfield so iour strikers can get a decent chance to score

It will take time to get this bunch on the rails, former manager, made bad signings, thats all i can say, no qualtity in the team, not much attacking options,

i'm drunk now tho, hahahhaa

Guest Erich von Manstein

We'll have quality coming back in Martins, Faye and Beye in a few weeks.

I only hope and prey Cameroon reach the final.

Geremi has looked alright there from what I've seen.

you're right, i hopre nigeria goes out soon, so we can get martins back

gonna need some more players tho

Guest Erich von Manstein

I only hope and prey Cameroon reach the final.

Geremi has looked alright there from what I've seen.

Has looked gash under us though, which is more important.

The African Nations Cup is a poor standard of football anyway.