The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

and Samaras is off to Celtic? ???

Ya. He won't last 5 minutes up there.

why not? He`ll probably score a hatful of goals in that mickey mouse league

Mouse in the body of a bull. Not got the heart to take a kicking.

It's strange that mind. When we played Heerenveen in the UEFA a few seasons back, the Radio Newcastle commentators kept going on about how Samaras played as though he was looking for a fight, i.e. more interested in bashing into people and putting himself about than playing football.

I thought he'd do far better at Man City than he has.

I saw a video of his debut vs Charlton not so long ago. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, he was running around like an absolute madman, he absolutely battered them. Incredible difference to the Samaras of today. He was never the same after Liam Ridgewell left his studs in his back. He's better than he's shown (Not helped at all by SP playing him on the wing, dropping him for scoring and the boo boys) but I cant see him being up for some of the treatment he's gonna get of some of the teams up there.

You lot signed a new LB yet? Sven's made some canny signings but Garrido looks scary on MOTD. I'm sure Sven won't put up with that for long or has played ok on the whole?

No. We have Michael Ball.

In Sven's pre-match press conference today he said he was trying to sign two players. But "It’s very difficult with the really big clubs, they don’t want to release their great players at the moment." We're not desperate (well, i am), so we dont want to sign some no mark and be stuck with him for 3 and a half years. If we can't get anyone good we won't get anyone.

Guest ryanegg

I thought Chimbonda was going to Villa. We don't want him.

That's crazy money for Hutton after 6 months good form in the SPL.

Look what we paid for Boumsong.

Villa have  made a double bid for Chimbonda and Routledge.  Could be some mileage in it, "small increase in the fee needed".

Why would Villa want Routledge? Experienced no improvement at all in Spurs, and not exactly very young still.

Watching the Birmingham game and that Zarate looks class. If he did turn us down as he said, we've missed out on a very skillful attcking midfielder

Don't tell me Football Manager got another one right?

Villa have  made a double bid for Chimbonda and Routledge.  Could be some mileage in it, "small increase in the fee needed".

Why would Villa want Routledge? Experienced no improvement at all in Spurs, and not exactly very young still.

Does he play on the right? There's your answer.

I doubt there is any truth in this.

This window is a bastard. Nobody wants to sell. What a let down.

Is Michael Ball good?

He used to be boss when he was with us and first joined Rangers. Good lad too.

He's not as good as he used to be now because of loads of knee injuries but still looks decent when I've seen him lately. Apart from the balloon thing.

I've been saying for ages we ought to go for Routledge as he is better than Milner ... and now it appears I will be proved right!!!

MWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin O'Neill is one shrewd dude for sure.

I've been saying for ages we ought to go for Routledge as he is better than Milner ... and now it appears I will be proved right!!!

MWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you are joking but I will answer as if you seriously mean it

1. James Milner is better than Wayne Routledge. This is indisputable.

2. Martin O'Neill is not very shrewd in the sense of spend little gain big. Harewood, Knight. Young is not cheap, Davies is not cheap.

I don't know if you are joking but I will answer as if you seriously mean it

1. James Milner is better than Wayne Routledge. This is indisputable.

2. Martin O'Neill is not very shrewd in the sense of spend little gain big. Harewood, Knight. Young is not cheap, Davies is not cheap.

How in the merry name of all that is holy can an opinion be indisputable? How? Especially yours man, come off it :yikes:

I'm not saying I disagree or anything, but dear me, are you serious?

Well fine, take out the "this is indisputable" then.

1. James Milner is better than Wayne Routledge. It is obvious to me.

Thanks Chap.

Point 2.

Marlon Harewood fourth choice striker last seen coming on and changing the game at Anfield, and scoring an overhead kick?

Young at 9.65m is very, very cheap indeed. Seriously, if we'd paid double that, I'd still be happy.

Davies isn't cheap. He's also starting to look like an extremely good footballer who'll last us a long time.

Knight has played over half our games this season. Bar the Man United game, I can't think of any bollocks he dropped, and it didn't stop us getting to 5th place.

Swapping the pointless, expensive, fat failure Baros for the magnificent Carew? Looks like a good "no money involved" deal to me.

Point 1 - I'd still have Milner here.

Point 2.

Marlon Harewood fourth choice striker last seen coming on and changing the game at Anfield, and scoring an overhead kick?

Young at 9.65m is very, very cheap indeed. Seriously, if we'd paid double that, I'd still be happy.

Davies isn't cheap. He's also starting to look like an extremely good footballer who'll last us a long time.

Knight has played over half our games this season. Bar the Man United game, I can't think of any bollocks he dropped, and it didn't stop us getting to 5th place.

Swapping the pointless, expensive, fat failure Baros for the magnificent Carew? Looks like a good "no money involved" deal to me.

Point 1 - I'd still have Milner here.

Come on mate, Harewood is crap! goal at Anfield or not, especially at £4m.

Don't rate Knight either but it has to be said, he hasn't looked out of his depth this season in a team that's doing well so that one has turned out a lot better than expected.