Today's Other Games

Decky

I'd like to see how the two clubs would cope with the kind of recurring injuries to important players we've had this season, Villa in particular.

Are you still in the anti David Moyes camp :shifty: To be fair Moyes changed after the booing last season against someone I can't remember now. He has been a lot more offensive minded and it is good to see him playing 2 strikers now where possible.

Some of the football we've played this season has been lovely to watch and only Arsenal and Man Utd have scored more goals than us. That booing was one of the best things to ever happen to David Moyes.

Sorry mate but i think you'll find that we are the premier leagues leading goalscorers :thup: :thup:

I'll have to brush up on my stats. It was correct as of a couple of weeks ago!

Spurs have scored 11 goals in their last 2 games though?

I'd like to see how the two clubs would cope with the kind of recurring injuries to important players we've had this season, Villa in particular.

Are you still in the anti David Moyes camp :shifty: To be fair Moyes changed after the booing last season against someone I can't remember now. He has been a lot more offensive minded and it is good to see him playing 2 strikers now where possible.

Some of the football we've played this season has been lovely to watch and only Arsenal and Man Utd have scored more goals than us. That booing was one of the best things to ever happen to David Moyes.

Sorry mate but i think you'll find that we are the premier leagues leading goalscorers :thup: :thup:

Ok then, 12 in 3?

Ok then, 12 in 3?

Aye.

Sir Alex Ferguson described Old Trafford as having the atmosphere of a "funeral" when he spoke after Manchester United's 1-0 win over Birmingham City. Carlos Tevez's goal means the champions have won 10 league games in a row on their own ground but Ferguson was distinctly unimpressed with United's supporters, accusing them of letting down the team.

"The crowd were dead," he complained. "That was the quietest I have heard the crowd and it's disappointing because we needed the crowd today. We have come through a difficult period of game after game and in moments like these we need a lift. But it was like a funeral out there."

This is not the first time Ferguson has felt aggrieved about the lack of noise at Old Trafford and his complaints will bring back memories of Roy Keane's notorious rant about the club's supporters. Keane had questioned whether some United fans "can spell football never mind understand it" and suggested that they were more interested in eating prawn sandwiches than watching the game. Ferguson was more diplomatic but the United manager was clearly angered, drawing a direct link between the poor atmosphere and a laboured performance from his team.

"It was so quiet," he complained. "I don't think that helped us. The players need the crowd sometimes but the atmosphere inside the ground wasn't good. It's all right saying the players have to make the crowd respond but there are some situations, like today, when we need them to get behind us and give us a lift. The players need the crowd to respond and vice versa. But it was dead."

Ferguson has complained in the past about foreign supporters on day trips harming the atmosphere at Old Trafford, saying his team had more backing in away games. "There have been periods like this before," he continued. "It's not just today, it happened a few years ago as well when we were the dominant team in the league. The crowd come to be entertained but sometimes we need them to help us get the right kind of performance."

mackems.gif

What is this stupid celebration Bramble just used? Cameron Jerome does the same as do a few others, any ideas?

1878 said previously that it was some sort of tribute to Fitz Hall's clothing line.

Apparently that's a myth. So says Google anyway.

A grand gesture - What is the secret of the 'A-team' celebration

By TIM NICHOLS - Daily Mail

'A' is for Arsenal, Agbonlahor, Abramovich ... and a strange celebration that is sweeping across football.

Today Sportsmail can reveal the secret behind the mystery 'A' gesture that has had us all guessing.

And here's the good bit: with Joey Barton in jail and football's name being dragged through the mud again, these Barclays Premier League players are actually promoting a good cause.

The A-Star scheme to be launched this summer is aimed at encouraging young people to be inspired by role models who do not 'glamourise crime, guns or drugs'.

A dedicated website estimates that up to 60,000 young people are stabbed in the UK each year and this project — motto 'if you dream it, you can achieve it' — is aimed at opening pathways into employment through sport by offering young people the chance to showcase their talents.

Co-founder Fitz Hall, the Wigan defender said: 'This is a great chance for professional footballers to truly give something back.'

England's Andrew Johnson, Micah Richards and Emile Heskey are among those involved.

The project statement says they are 'committed to working with young people and making a difference'.

For more information on the A-Star project go to: astar-global.com/A-star_About_us_page.htm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=505563&in_page_id=1779&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

:thup:

Guest Knightrider

Young disappointed again, he's clearly a good player too but very much like our own N'Zogbia he frustrates a lot. He's got a decent cross on him though. Give him a few years and he could be a very good player indeed.

He's a very good player already, to be fair. And you say "disappointed again" - when did he last disappoint?

Well I don't think he's a very good player just yet, he's good don't get me wrong and has lots of potential but he's by no means the finished article. I see many similarities with our own N'Zogbia who is overhyped by some.

By disappointing I don't mean in that he's played badly again, just I always feel he has a lot more to give and doesn't always produce what he can. Take the Spurs game for example, he was being doubled up on for one half then in the latter stages of the second half he just had Jenas to contend with, but rarely took him on or took advantage of things. I think he over does it at times too, tries one trick too many. However he is still young and learning. These 'bad habits' though often bed in with young players and are hard to eradicate from their game if allowed to go unchecked. I hope he goes on to become an all-rounder though because he has the potential and god knows England could do with such a player, not that you'd be bothered about that mind ;)

Young disappointed again, he's clearly a good player too but very much like our own N'Zogbia he frustrates a lot. He's got a decent cross on him though. Give him a few years and he could be a very good player indeed.

He's a very good player already, to be fair. And you say "disappointed again" - when did he last disappoint?

Well I don't think he's a very good player just yet, he's good don't get me wrong and has lots of potential but he's by no means the finished article. I see many similarities with our own N'Zogbia who is overhyped by some.

By disappointing I don't mean in that he's played badly again, just I always feel he has a lot more to give and doesn't always produce what he can. Take the Spurs game for example, he was being doubled up on for one half then in the latter stages of the second half he just had Jenas to contend with, but rarely took him on or took advantage of things. I think he over does it at times too, tries one trick too many. However he is still young and learning. These 'bad habits' though often bed in with young players and are hard to eradicate from their game if allowed to go unchecked. I hope he goes on to become an all-rounder though because he has the potential and god knows England could do with such a player, not that you'd be bothered about that mind ;)

He had a bad game yesterday, the point is the majority of this season he's been one of Villa's most influential players.

Guest Knightrider

He had a bad game yesterday, the point is the majority of this season he's been one of Villa's most influential players.

I won't lie, I haven't seen too much of them but I still think based on what I've seen Young hasn't quite done it for me. Before the likes of Wullie laugh that's not me saying he's crap...

The match ended in acrimony when Frazer Wright was sent off for a foul on Tim Krul in the Falkirk goal as he followed in on a Jamie Hamill shot. The big Dutch goalkeeper, who was stretched off the pitch, was red-carded for his reaction to the challenge.

That sounds a bit like finding something to criticise him for for the sake of it, tbh.

You say he was disappointing against Spurs, but he still stuck that free kick on Mellberg's head for the first goal. On Saturday, he beat two men, got to the byline, and from a nigh on impossible angle / position managed not only to get a cross in, but to stick it straight on Agbonlahor's head for our winning goal.

What I see is a player who makes everybody in the stadium stand up when he gets the ball and runs at people. He's the best crosser of the ball we've had in donkeys years - I'm sure being trained by John Robertson (now, there's a man who knew how to cross a ball) for the last year has had something to do with that, and I am sure he will get better still.

On the downside, you're right, he might try one trick too many at times, but that is surely a pretty minute criticism.

One thing I do know is he's supplied the ammo for countless goals this season, is great to watch and worth every penny we spent on him.

I won't lie, I haven't seen too much of them but I still think based on what I've seen Young hasn't quite done it for me. Before the likes of Wullie laugh that's not me saying he's crap...

Fantastic player.

On the downside, you're right, he might try one trick too many at times, but that is surely a pretty minute criticism.

This is a very unfair critisism. You can't acquire flair if you don't learn it when young (bad pun). C. Ronaldo was most certainly encourage to indulge in his trickery and showboating, and see the rewards now!

MON being a manager of discipline would not let Young try a trick too many without his permission. I think MON is encouraging Young to express his creativity. When Young gets older he will naturally learn to find the balance between creativity and effectiveness. You could learn effectiveness with experience, you can't with flair.

Krul was sent off for Falkirk today, reacted to a late challenge near the end of the match, they won 1-0 like.

The match ended in acrimony when Frazer Wright was sent off for a foul on Tim Krul in the Falkirk goal as he followed in on a Jamie Hamill shot. The big Dutch goalkeeper, who was stretched off the pitch, was red-carded for his reaction to the challenge.