Should Sam Allardyce get the Sack? (Main Page Poll)

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many teams have gotten magical results with a new managers first season? with the exception of the biggest teams with the biggest budgets and players, its so ridiculously stupid to expect to become an amazing team so quickly.

We aint playing well at the moment but there have been some performances that show there is something there. If we keep sacking managers after only giving them less than one season or even just one season, we will never get anywhere.

So f****** frustrating to read people saying sack him he's s***, we'll get someone better in.....Bullshit. Who would want to come here with the ever higher increasing expectations and the knowledge that if you don't win the f****** league in your first go then your fired. For fucks sake.

Nail on head. :thup:

I guess we should wait to see what he does in January. But if he's to be sacked, I would like it to happen before the season is out, so our next manager can get experience with the lads and formulate a transfer plan in the summer. I've all but lost faith in SA at this point, though. I hope he proves me wrong.

How many teams have gotten magical results with a new managers first season? with the exception of the biggest teams with the biggest budgets and players, its so ridiculously stupid to expect to become an amazing team so quickly.

We aint playing well at the moment but there have been some performances that show there is something there. If we keep sacking managers after only giving them less than one season or even just one season, we will never get anywhere.

So f****** frustrating to read people saying sack him he's s***, we'll get someone better in.....Bullshit. Who would want to come here with the ever higher increasing expectations and the knowledge that if you don't win the f****** league in your first go then your fired. For fucks sake.

I thought exactly the same until the last 2 games where we seem to have been out-thought, out-fought, out-played by, in my opinion, the 2 worst teams in the league. ( following on from really struggling, lucky wins against 2 of the other worst teams Fulham and Birmingham ).

I really want Sam to succeed but it worries me greatly why the players just dont seem to be responding in any kind of positive way to his management and instructions. In these days of player power, I just cant see the day when things will turn around.

I thought exactly the same until the last 2 games where we seem to have been out-thought, out-fought, out-played by, in my opinion, the 2 worst teams in the league. ( following on from really struggling, lucky wins against 2 of the other worst teams Fulham and Birmingham ).

I really want Sam to succeed but it worries me greatly why the players just dont seem to be responding in any kind of positive way to his management and instructions. In these days of player power, I just cant see the day when things will turn around.

I'm starting to think like you, but then I think where the policy of sacking has got us in the past. I can tolerate the shit results tbh. I never expected higher than 8th, something we are in contention for despite some shit results. I just think with time to get the personel he wants Sam can turn it round.

we didn't expect magical results but after 19 games and 7 months you'd expect some sign of improvment,not the feeling that the performances arethe same as the last 2 mangers who at least would atempt to win away games.

"not playing well at the moment"... that moment has lasted since august. we played well 1st half at bolton,then against spurs and arsenal. don't fall into the trap that we beat west ham and everton seemingly comfortably because we didn't play well and there were long spells in both games when we were under the cosh.

we didn't expect magical results but after 19 games and 7 months you'd expect some sign of improvment,not the feeling that the performances arethe same as the last 2 mangers who at least would atempt to win away games.

"not playing well at the moment"... that moment has lasted since august. we played well 1st half at bolton,then against spurs and arsenal. don't fall into the trap that we beat west ham and everton seemingly comfortably because we didn't play well and there were long spells in both games when we were under the cosh.

Yeah. Results is one thing.. I was prepared for a season of ups and a lot of downs but my general impression is that he really doesnt know from game to game which team to play and who to play where.

I think this influences players mentality very heavily and as such send them out onto the pitch, no where near focused enough.

If we had played basically the same 11 every game and things werent quote going our way then I would think "not to worry, slow process and the lads are trying to gel". However, it just hasnt been like that at all.

predict this will end 55:45 in favour of ged rid

I love the way I checked this right now and that is exactly right!  O0

Its been like that since about 5mins after the thread creation.

Spot on prediction like.

Our last two managers did NOT attempt to win away games. Roeder took a whole season to win a couple of away games, and don't even mention Graeme fucking Souness and his ineptness.

I love the irony of someone with a photo of Ginola, and "Excitement" in their avatar, saying stick with Allardyce. ;)

:D

I miss those days. But, the past is the past and we've gotta move on. I think Sam's got the ability to take us forward. All the pressure he's been under certainly isn't helping though.

Our last two managers did NOT attempt to win away games. Roeder took a whole season to win a couple of away games, and don't even mention Graeme f****** Souness and his ineptness.

they did attempt to win away but failed,i'd rather fail trying than not attempt.

Our last two managers did NOT attempt to win away games. Roeder took a whole season to win a couple of away games, and don't even mention Graeme f****** Souness and his ineptness.

they did attempt to win away but failed,i'd rather fail trying than not attempt.

They did not. Souness was busy getting rid of Bellamy and Robert. He was busy buying 'proper' players and wanting good hardworking performances. His team selection was idiotic, never had the balls to drop Shearer, stuck Bellamy on the right wing, and when Bellamy left, he stuck Bowyer on the right wing instead. I don't recall any ambitious selections or tactics away from home. The first time we lost to Wigan demonstrated his attitude. Only when Emre was sent on did we look like scoring.

Roeder was probably worse. Never played Zoggy, trusted Ameobi to lead the line and bought shite like Onyewu. Do you not remember the League Cup game against Wigan?

Sorry, I have a hard time believing our previous two managers was more ambitious away from home. They weren't ambitious at all. Pathetic managers who had no fucking clue what they were doing. It seems that people have very short memories.

Guest smarty2006

OK so Sam stays and signs some great players in January, what then?

These new guys will understand the mystery that is Big Sam that the current crop just dont get?

Sam has been saving all his tactical, managerial magic for these future signings?

Cant wait likes!!! :(