Should Sam Allardyce get the Sack? (Main Page Poll)

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think some people just try to look for the best in everything.

Not saying either way is right or wrong, but there's usually method to the madness.

It's not always about being "right" for everyone.

Guest Knightrider

Doesn't time fly, seems only like last year when we were talking about the same thing with Roeder.

And you were defending him too.

Big difference this time though, we are are ONLY 20 games in or whatever and where this manager is concerned, I actually wanted him, rate him and still believe in him.

I'd only like to see him go if we've got better lined up.

If we haven't then wait until the Summer.

This. I can't see what we will gain simply by sacking him now.

Its a pity we have Chelsea next because 3 points (whether won by skill or luck), would probably calm things down just a little.

A point even, if we manage to get one by some almighty miracle, would help loads

Its a pity we have Chelsea next because 3 points (whether won by skill or luck), would probably calm things down just a little.

A point even, if we manage to get one by some almighty miracle, would help loads

If we get anything from Chelsea then I hope it's by attacking them from the first whistle.  If he goes for a bore draw and it works then he'll never change.

I wanted Gullit out as soon as he announced "sexy football", Roeder out straightaway, Souness after about 10 games...but Sam I'm sticking with.

This is a guy I reckon we should give some time to rebuild the club (i.e. at least 1 season, ideally 2).

Yes his tactics are crap at the moment but at least he has tactics unlike Roeder.  He's not barking for more and more funds like Souness and is trying to work with what he has. The most important thing is, I think he is working hard behind the scenes with Mort et al to improve the whole structure of the club.  I think i've said all this in another thread but I just want to reiterate that we should stand behind Sam a while longer.

If we get anything from Chelsea then I hope it's by attacking them from the first whistle.  If he goes for a bore draw and it works then he'll never change.

I would hope that in the eyes of the fans, that would represent some proof that he has listened. I could accept defeat tomorrow if it meant that we had battered (tried to) from the off

Not sure it is fair or proper to have an article of this kind on the front page at the moment imo.

It's what the site is for though isn't it, for fans to give their views?

Given that this is by far the biggest issue at our club right now, it's got to be touched upon.

Not sure it is fair or proper to have an article of this kind on the front page at the moment imo.

Given that this is by far the biggest issue at our club right now, it's got to be touched upon.

It's my view that SA is under immense pressure right now and the tabloids are starting to go after him, I don't think we need to add to that scenario right at this moment. Just my opinion.

It's my view that SA is under immense pressure right now and the tabloids are starting to go after him, I don't think we need to add to that scenario right at this moment. Just my opinion.

Agree, Mr P.  blueyes.gif

Why give them ammunition?

It's our football club, we've got more right to express an opinion than some hack in London.  Dealing with the issue gives both sides the opportunity to have the chance to say how they feel, it doesn't all go one way.  Hiding from an issue is worse that talking about it as far as I’m concerned.

It's our football club, we've got more right to express an opinion than some hack in London.  Dealing with the issue gives both sides the opportunity to have the chance to say how they feel, it doesn't all go one way.  Hiding from an issue is worse that talking about it as far as I’m concerned.

True. It might cause him to abandon his intransigence, see sense and save his job. No sense shying away from it.

Write an opposing article then.

Agree, Mr P.  blueyes.gif

Why give them ammunition?

I do agree as well, to be perfectly honest and I was hesitant about posting it (in fairness it's the first time we've done something like this after a lot of support for the "new" NUFC). But we can't shy away from the issues, at the end of the day, I can't help but feel it's unfair if we run the website with such a bias. Especially when 62% of the readership (at the moment) clearly want him gone.

At the end of the day it's a poll on a website that will get about 1,500 votes if left to run for a while, it's not exactly highly-credible and unfortunately we're probably not as important as Parky likes to think/Steveintoon has been told. :lol: