Should Sam Allardyce get the Sack? (Main Page Poll)

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get rid.

As pointed out already, nothing so far has suggested he's the man, tactics are fuckin shit, team selection is fuckin shit and we are playing fuckin shit.

We've had an 'easy' start to the season and should be at least 9 points better off, now we have a rock hard second half, and we will struggle to hit 46 points (20 more from 19 games)

Guest clownhat

mmm... hello all this be my first post (daa daa daaaa...) << include stupid dance...

anyways I voted keep because three main things

1) who else is available?

2) who else would want to go to us?

3) it'd cost us another fortune...

We gotta give him a chance and see what emerges even if it is just all his fancy health stuff sorts out some injuries (although i'm not sure the ppl that made terminator can fix owen)

what i dont get though is he changes everything every game... at least pick a f***ing formation and find figure out how to make it work...

cheers

Whats our lowest ever final points total since we've been in the Premiership?

Just found the answer:

43pts in 06/07

44pts in 04/05

44pts in 97/98

We should at least beat those 3 efforts.

We should beat Derby at home

Guest SellSholaFor1M

He's had 6 months, a pre-season, money to buy. His tactics and team selection are shocking, and we have picked up a shocking points tally against the easier teams in the league. We have yet to play any of the big four away, and we've yet to play Chelsea and Man Utd at home.

There is absolutely no reason to stick with him. He has shown he is tactically inept. He has shown he knows only one way to play football, and that is anti-football, negative, long ball tactics. He is unable to adjust to the tools at his disposal, and unable to use the type of quality he never had available at Bolton. What will sticking with him achieve?

From skimming this thread, it seems people want to stick with him for two reasons, none of which make any sense:

1. Because they don't want to see us go through the sacking manager process yet again, as stability is what we need. Whilst this is true, there are absolutely no positives from Fat Sam's reign so far, and absolutely no reasons to believe that over time things will improve. At least with Souness you could point to the horrendous injury list, with Roeder you could point to things such as that Fat Fred took TV money to make them play Sheff Utd at home less than 48 hours after a UEFA Cup game. With Fat Fred there are none of these factors at all that you can look upon and give him a break. None.

2. Because Fat Sam is a proven manager - apparently. He isn't. He did well at Bolton, nobody disagrees, but so what? Souness did well with Blackburn (got them back into the top flight and into the European places), but I didn't see the same people taking the same attitude with him. Fat Sam is a manager who has won very little in his career and is hardly good enough for a club of our size - as pointed out at the time.

There are absolutely no reasons to keep him. Those that think we should stick with, you need to start thinking.

He's had 6 months, a pre-season, money to buy. His tactics and team selection are shocking, and we have picked up a shocking points tally against the easier teams in the league. We have yet to play any of the big four away, and we've yet to play Chelsea and Man Utd at home.

There is absolutely no reason to stick with him. He has shown he is tactically inept. He has shown he knows only one way to play football, and that is anti-football, negative, long ball tactics. He is unable to adjust to the tools at his disposal, and unable to use the type of quality he never had available at Bolton. What will sticking with him achieve?

From skimming this thread, it seems people want to stick with him for two reasons, none of which make any sense:

1. Because they don't want to see us go through the sacking manager process yet again, as stability is what we need. Whilst this is true, there are absolutely no positives from Fat Sam's reign so far, and absolutely no reasons to believe that over time things will improve. At least with Souness you could point to the horrendous injury list, with Roeder you could point to things such as that Fat Fred took TV money to make them play Sheff Utd at home less than 48 hours after a UEFA Cup game. With Fat Fred there are none of these factors at all that you can look upon and give him a break. None.

2. Because Fat Sam is a proven manager - apparently. He isn't. He did well at Bolton, nobody disagrees, but so what? Souness did well with Blackburn (got them back into the top flight and into the European places), but I didn't see the same people taking the same attitude with him. Fat Sam is a manager who has won very little in his career and is hardly good enough for a club of our size - as pointed out at the time.

There are absolutely no reasons to keep him. Those that think we should stick with, you need to start thinking.

Amazing, I expected a defence of Allardyce.  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent post.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

Addendum:

3rd reason why people want to stick with him:

Because they are unable to name someone available who'd do better - again a flawed and bizarre way of thinking considering Fat Sam is doing a horrendous job and most people could do better.

Nobody knows who's available, so it's a stupid way of thinking. When people wanted McClaren out, did they know Capello was available? Did they know Mourinho WASN'T available (he turned it down)? We don't know.

But what we do know is that Fat Sam has to go. I am struggling to name any managers who could do worse with this squad of players we have than the fat mackem.

i have to say, i am still with the stick with him camp, but things are starting to get worrying, and it is difficult to argue with a lot of points that are being made against him.

his post match interview (on world) was interesting, doesnt pull any punches and i think some heads (emre's) will be rolling (although i doubt the one that should, smiths, will).

he deserves the rest of the season imo.

if he would only go 4-4-2, which is the formation best suited to the players we have here, he could be succesfull (a lot quicker).

one of 2 things need to happen, we either need to under-go mass changes on the playing side and ship in players who suit his 4-3-3, or simply go to 4-4-2.

i dont think its going to take a genius to see which will be best.

i have to say, i am still with the stick with him camp, but things are starting to get worrying, and it is difficult to argue with a lot of points that are being made against him.

his post match interview (on world) was interesting, doesnt pull any punches and i think some heads (emre's) will be rolling (although i doubt the one that should, smiths, will).

if he would only go 4-4-2, which is the formation best suited to the players we have here, he could be succesfull (a lot quicker).

one of 2 things need to happen, we either need to under-go mass changes on the playing side and ship in players who suit his 4-3-3, or simply go to 4-4-2.

What did he say about Emre?

He's having a fucking laugh picking on individuals like. So Emre goes out, who replaces him? Barton presumably, who he binned from the sixteen this week?

Guest SellSholaFor1M

What did he say about Emre?

He's having a f****** laugh picking on individuals like. So Emre goes out, who replaces him? Barton presumably, who he binned from the sixteen this week?

He's a tit, everything he says is embarrassing. Barton should've been dropped for Emre weeks ago.

The poor team play is down to Sam and his tactics only. To blame individual players is nothing short of a joke.

lovejoy,

Allardyce is taking the piss when he blames the players.  I don't think anybody was that bad today, none were that good either and that was down to the way we tried to play, it was horrible to have to stand and watch, it was almost as if we were just going through the motions for 93 minutes.  I couldn't work out what we were trying to do and I was just watching it from a distance, it must be a mare for the players trying to adapt to that sort of shite all of the time.

Given and Smith have had a bit of stick but Smith was playing in a roll and in a position which the manager asked him to play, he gets no blame from me as I think he did the best he could in the wrong position.

When you give a player instructions on what to do and how to play in a game, how much does he actually stick to those instructions and how much does he just revert to his natural game.

Would be interesting to know from a pro player, how often they forgot instructions and just found themselves doing what they wanted as it would certainly explain why, if he is playing 3,4,5 of our players out of position and to do things completely unnatural to them, why the team is all over the place.

If they are spending all game thinkng "ok... I have to do this and go there" instead of doing what comes natural to them...

Given and Smith have had a bit of stick but Smith was playing in a roll and in a position which the manager asked him to play, he gets no blame from me as I think he did the best he could in the wrong position.

I reckon Geremi and Smith especially are lost themselves on the pitch. The amount of positions they've been asked to play, they have no idea where they should be. It partly explains their poor performances. The fault lies at the foot of Allardyce.